• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brads

Jan 31, 2013
    Harwood
    What do you think about the Antique gun shows ? I have been staying away with the crazy madness and long waits at normal gun shows.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    IMG_8714_zpsc16d966c.jpg
    [/IMG]
    Remmy 03A3
    Jan 43 SA Field Grade
    Jan 44 SA Service Grade
    May 55 HRA Service Grade Special
    June 55 HRA Service Grade

You don't need a correct for a great garand though brads. Here are mine. Two are like new one is post war refurb and one is a mostly correct Jan 43.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    The one on the bottom is a like new 5/55 hra service grade I hand selected at the north store. Measured 1/1 and has a new CMP stock on it I finished. The one right above it is a service grade special that looks to have been test fired and that's it. Perfect park measured 1/.5 and is now in the correct HRA stock.

The SG is a very good shooter and the metal is great.

Brads

Jan 31, 2013
    Harwood
    Well I have been schooled tonight.If you ever want to let one of the bottom two go let me know.Thanks for the info on the different grades I now know what to look for if I decide not to go to cmp.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    When are you looking to buy? I make 2-3 trips to the north store a year and offer to hand select for mds members if they have rifles that meet thier interests.

Also I occasionally make it out to columbia if you ever wanted fo try one out.

Brads

Jan 31, 2013
    Harwood
    I was hoping in the next two or three weeks.But if I cant find one its going to be a bit longer I guess.I just hate to wait with the nicer weather coming

SeniorArmorNCO

Avid Shooter since 1967
    Mar 23, 2013
    Clinton, MS
    Well they have approved the importation of those 87,000 Garands from Korea. Last I heard they Koreans were still looking for a US importer. The two that took a look at them said they were pretty much warehouses of rusted junk and the Koreans are asking too much for them. They should be handing them over free, those were Lend-Lease guns left by our guys after the Korean War (Mostly) and then some more sent later. I read one importer said the Koreans wanted $250 per Garand, and the importer claimed they would be lucky to get a buck a piece for most of them as scrap.

Of course even if they were in as good condition as even rack grades at CMP they wouldn't be worth as much, those import stamps take away a lot of value.

I wouldnt mind seeing 10 or 20,000 $250 Garands hit the market though, stamp or not, I'd be buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom