• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaoHaus

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2023
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Nice find! I almost shelled out for the recent minty Pre-98 one. But hesitated and missed out, too.

Mine came with one magazine matched to the pistol. I managed to find a very nice set of extra period correct Tula factory mags (matched to each other), but they cost me more than I’d care to admit. I’d love to snag a correct holster for it.

Attachments

• IMG_9283.jpeg
      IMG_9283.jpeg
      308.1 KB · Views: 31
    • IMG_9285.jpeg
      IMG_9285.jpeg
      300.9 KB · Views: 29
    • IMG_9284.jpeg
      IMG_9284.jpeg
      336.5 KB · Views: 28
    • IMG_9286.jpeg
      IMG_9286.jpeg
      180.5 KB · Views: 31

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    New holster came in today from David Rachwal. Pig skin. I like it a lot better than the rubberized canvas one I originally got for it. It’s a little worn but it is correct to WWII.
    IMG_3301.jpeg
    IMG_3302.jpeg

Last edited:
    Jul 1, 2012
    Nice find! I almost shelled out for the recent minty Pre-98 one. But hesitated and missed out, too.
    Are you talking about the 1939 rig from a few days ago? IMHO that was far from minty so you didn't miss out if minty was your yardstick... pre-98's 95%, my 80% LOL. Thin finish, lots of scratches, some spots of corrosion/pitting, worn "grip straps" etc. Hard to get a true idea because of all the glare from the flash and whatnot. Nice for a 1939, no doubt, but...

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    The "new" holster is much nicer. David picks some good holsters and prices them fairly. I've gotten a holster or two from him in the past and was pleased.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Deal with Scott Benedict at your own risk. Dude is known to be shady. He tried to rip me off one time. He's a known humper and I remember him outright bragging on a now defunct forum about scamming deceased veteran's families out of items.

TaoHaus

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2023
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Are you talking about the 1939 rig from a few days ago? IMHO that was far from minty so you didn't miss out if minty was your yardstick... pre-98's 95%, my 80% LOL. Thin finish, lots of scratches, some spots of corrosion/pitting, worn "grip straps" etc. Hard to get a true idea because of all the glare from the flash and whatnot. Nice for a 1939, no doubt, but...
    No, time flies. Just looked. The one I pondered was in July! ‍♂️

TaoHaus

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2023
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Deal with Scott Benedict at your own risk. Dude is known to be shady. He tried to rip me off one time. He's a known humper and I remember him outright bragging on a now defunct forum about scamming deceased veteran's families out of items.
    I just saw some posts on FB about this, with screencaps from GB of an item then of him selling it retouched or repaired as other than what it was. Can’t recall exactly. That said, before that, I bought a non-import marked 1977 Makarov from him and it came as promised as was righteous on arrival.

Jul 1, 2012
    I've gotten good things, and bad things. And 50/50 on successful return/refunds. The biggest rip-off is magazines... myself and two other collector friends have had rare mags shown in the listing swapped out for common equivalents when the item arrived. Oh, it must have been accidentally separated and sold blah blah... you have to be sharp and vigilant.

"Irregardless" that pigskin holster from David looks perfect with this TT-33!

Fate

Mar 18, 2012
    I still kick myself for selling my 1940 with no import marks. Even had a proper pigskin holster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom