• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I love how someone in BPD (sorry, only caught it in passing) tried to use the "It's been hot" cover to justify the failure of an entire city.

It was a full moon, too, but that's hardly an effective policing strategy!

Swift, certain, unwavering punishment is the only deterrent to violent crime, IMO.

Coming out with the Chief and TV cameras after the fact to show you're "taking it seriously"??? Well, no...

And to say it's because of "illegal guns"?? How about calling it what it is: Criminal Violence with illegally obtained guns.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    The count is up to 32 as of 06/27. They have arrested 4 and funny thing is they all have priors. The rap sheets they have make a person wonder why they are even walking the street. Just disgusting.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I posted this in the Maryland 2A forum discussion of these wonderful events as well. Imagine if just ONE of the victims of this criminal chaos had been allowed to carry. Would "just one life have been saved"? I'd bet more.

I am enraged at the "leaders" of the city for their complete lack of reality of why this is happening and how to handle it. The only way the City could be led less effectively is if Satan himself was leading it. (oh wait...he already did)

Where are all the Delegates of Baltimore City? The ones that layed over to take $1 Billion for their schools instead of protecting the rights of the Citizens of the City? Where is Tarrant? He could have made a difference and shown the way to others in the Delegation. Instead, he chose to diatribe about a baseball bat instead of doing what was right for his constituency to protect themselves from the vulturistic culture that the Mayor feeds freebies and entitlements to.

Shame on ALL of those Representatives. If they want to place blame, they only need to look in the mirror to see the ones responsible for the atrocities that are going on. THEY are culpable.

Shame. Disgusting.

THIS is why Americans are pissed!

VTHokie7

Feb 10, 2010
    Katy, TX
    I posted this in the Maryland 2A forum discussion of these wonderful events as well. Imagine if just ONE of the victims of this criminal chaos had been allowed to carry. Would "just one life have been saved"? I'd bet more.

I am enraged at the "leaders" of the city for their complete lack of reality of why this is happening and how to handle it. The only way the City could be led less effectively is if Satan himself was leading it. (oh wait...he already did)

Where are all the Delegates of Baltimore City? The ones that layed over to take $1 Billion for their schools instead of protecting the rights of the Citizens of the City? Where is Tarrant? He could have made a difference and shown the way to others in the Delegation. Instead, he chose to diatribe about a baseball bat instead of doing what was right for his constituency to protect themselves from the vulturistic culture that the Mayor feeds freebies and entitlements to.

Shame on ALL of those Representatives. If they want to place blame, they only need to look in the mirror to see the ones responsible for the atrocities that are going on. THEY are culpable.

Shame. Disgusting.

Based on the media so far doesn't look like any innocents fell victim here. Most of those shot probably have records and couldn't carry anyways. I'm reminded of this scene in Training Day

Jake Hoyt: That's street justice.
    Alonzo Harris: What's wrong with street justice?
    Jake Hoyt: Oh, what, so just let the animals wipe themselves out, right?
    Alonzo Harris: God willing. F 'em, and everybody that looks like 'em

Now mandatory sentencing on the other hand could help in these situations.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Well then maybe if the terrified yet law abiding citizens of the city were allowed to legally protect themselves by carrying, and were not in fear of providing information against the perpetrators (who either never get taken in to custody or are back on the streets in 13 seconds) would feel comfortable turning in these CRIMINALS, then maybe the place could be cleaned up and the culture of violence could be changed.

I believe the good folks that live in the city want that. If they don't, then they get what they deserve. Good people are going to have to pay the price for it, and good people shouldn't have to pay for what their "leaders" have allowed to become to their "home".

Leadership is to blame. Plain and simple. Leadership in the City Government, Leadership in the School, and "leadership" (or lack thereof) in the home.

The rest of Maryland should not be "guilty by association" for the abomination of leadership in the city and a few counties.

People of Maryland are good in general. It is unfortunate that the entire state of Maryland Americans that believe and follow the Constitution are judged nationally by the actions of one city and a few counties that have no concept of what it is to actually be an American.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland

Shame. Disgusting.

As of this morning, we're at 14 dead/36 wounded in B'more over the past 7 days.

Now if we can only hold out until 10/1, we'll be safe.

I concur with your thoughts about the B'more delegation silence during this bloodbath. Shame on them & all the other politicians who sold their souls to MOM during this last session.

Jun 8, 2013
    I listened to the police commissioner on the radio today. Apparently they are less afraid of the Baltimore courts convicting them of murder than the feds for convicting them of drug related crimes. the whole snitches get stitches thing...

Jun 8, 2013
    add in the fact that there are currently about 20,000 abandoned homes in west bmore, which make excellent places for these criminals to hide their illegally obtained murder weapons. why don't they just level half of west bmore? nobody in their right mind is ever going to move there

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    add in the fact that there are currently about 20,000 abandoned homes in west bmore, which make excellent places for these criminals to hide their illegally obtained murder weapons. why don't they just level half of west bmore? nobody in their right mind is ever going to move there

One of the tactics used in Detroit on its thousands of vacant structures was to level them. Figured there would be fewer places for criminals to hang out, while making it easier to sell the land for future development.

Have always had a tough time understanding west b'more & its thousands of vacancies. A few years ago it was being rehabbed a block at a time, but that virtually stopped after the real estate market crashed.

Could never understand the indifference/mentality of the residents.

More police won't help & to think otherwise is absolute insanity.

Jun 8, 2013
    One of the tactics used in Detroit on its thousands of vacant structures was to level them. Figured there would be fewer places for criminals to hang out, while making it easier to sell the land for future development.

Have always had a tough time understanding west b'more & its thousands of vacancies. A few years ago it was being rehabbed a block at a time, but that virtually stopped after the real estate market crashed.

Could never understand the indifference/mentality of the residents.

More police won't help & to think otherwise is absolute insanity.

Very well said! They should level most of the neighborhoods. Most of the property has been vacated and/or taken over by the city due to non-payment of taxes by the slumlords anyway. It is nothing more than a breeding ground for prostitution, open market drug sales and crime. And why waste the already sparse police force on a neighborhood which is never going to improve? The cops know where the open air drug markets are, know where the illegal guns are being sold, and they allow them to continue. But we're supposed to "believe". hmmm...:mad54:

Jun 8, 2013
    Would be a great place to raze for the A10's practice, yes?

Excellent idea. I know some people do still actually live there for economic reasons alone. I feel bad for anybody legit that still lives there. Windows barred up reminds me of a jail cell. Also if you walk through any neighborhood west of MLK at night you have a serious death wish...:sad20:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Excellent idea. I know some people do still actually live there for economic reasons alone. I feel bad for anybody legit that still lives there. Windows barred up reminds me of a jail cell. Also if you walk through any neighborhood west of MLK at night you have a serious death wish...:sad20:

Many good people do live there.

Our job is to educate them so they pick new leaders.

This may help

http://data.baltimoresun.com/bing-m...use=all&article=all&show_results=Show+results

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Well I can see the difference in the last two or three years in Carroll County. The rats are leaving the sinking ship that is Baltimore city and moving to Carroll.

powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I lived (Orleans street) and worked (Pratt Street) in the Greatest American City for fifteen years prior to moving to Germantown & I got tell you, I am so glad I’d moved.

The images of free roaming wretched ghetto thugs are forever ingrained in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom