• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Sendng off an email to my three "Delegates" thanking them for finally putting a stop to things like this by voting for SB281. No more law abiding citizens shooting up the streets of Baltimore! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    "This is a little bit of a spike in terms of the weekend, but all in all, we're pretty satisfied with the way the city is headed, violence-wise," Guglielmi said. Several categories of crime are down this year while the numbers of homicides and shootings are similar to those at this time last year, he said.

"Baltimore shootings and homicides remain near the same level as last year, with 100 people killed as of June 15 and 163 shot, according to police statistics. But the weekend violence pushed the number of homicides to 109 this year, compared with 100 people killed at the same time last year."

Wow, such concern for human life.

Meanwhile, much larger cities such as Austin and San Antonio didn't even have 100 murders the entire YEAR in 2012. Austin only had 51! How can that be when Texas has concealed carry laws and there are shootists out the streets on a daily basis?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This will all be a thing of the past October 1, when SB281 can start saving lives.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This will all be a thing of the past October 1, when SB281 can start saving lives.

Exactly.

And the mandatory training should help them to hit their intended targets rather than innocent bystanders.

The New Maryland is going to be like paradise soon...

Kinda makes me feel sorry for all those poor schlubs stuck in Virginia and Texas.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    With all due respect to the dead and injured, I wish that they would also say if any of those shot had priors. I mean, when a veteran whose been out of the military for say 20 years and has no current affiliation does something wrong, the headline is "Army Vet goes berserk..."

I just wish that they say "gang banger, thug for life associate gets shot."

Just saying that I am looking for context.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    With all due respect to the dead and injured, I wish that they would also say if any of those shot had priors. I mean, when a veteran whose been out of the military for say 20 years and has no current affiliation does something wrong, the headline is "Army Vet goes berserk..."

"Witherspoon's criminal record includes convictions for robbery and selling and possessing drugs, court records show."

"Omar Shorter, 32,(Possesion, assault, reckless endangerment last charges filed 6/14/13) killed in the 5200 block of Cuthbert Ave.; Gervontae Burgess, 20, and Joyce Alston, 49,(multiple theft and drug charges) both killed in the 1400 block of Pennsylvania Ave.; Claude Nelson, 53,(multiple possesion charges) killed in the 5200 block of St. Charles Ave.; and Maurice Taylor, 37,(possesion, distribution, assault, possesion of a handgun) who was fatally shot in the 900 block of Bennett Place.

Casesearch is your friend.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    How much you want to bet that none of the shootings included a black evil rifle and it is likely less than 10 rounds were fired in each incident. Drug dealers -- killing drug dealers or somehow drug related in most every shooting.

Those gun laws really make a difference. Remember back when they said if we banned the dreaded "Saturday Night Special" the murder rate would drop. Since that law was enacted the murder rate has climbed and let us not count all the trash that would have died but for having Shock Trauma so close and the evolution of modern medical techniques.

Put a fence around the entire city and let the pieces of sh*t have it. I'm tired of being governed by what takes place in Baltimore City.

RP

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

Excellent point. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Why didn't all this senseless gun violence stop after Willie Don got rid of all the Saturday Night Specials?

BMassBMore

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    How much you want to bet that none of the shootings included a black evil rifle and it is likely less than 10 rounds were fired in each incident. Drug dealers -- killing drug dealers or somehow drug related in most every shooting.

Those gun laws really make a difference. Remember back when they said if we banned the dreaded "Saturday Night Special" the murder rate would drop. Since that law was enacted the murder rate has climbed and let us not count all the trash that would have died but for having Shock Trauma so close and the evolution of modern medical techniques.

Put a fence around the entire city and let the pieces of sh*t have it. I'm tired of being governed by what takes place in Baltimore City.

RP

Not everyone who lives in the City is a dirtbag drug dealer/criminal.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Any LEOs want to chime in on the affect of a full moon on crime? And might I point out this weekend was a "super full moon"? :moon:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Need to document O'Malley, Frosh, Dumais, Miller, Vallerio, their stooges, et al on camera, now, for "before/after" purposes, predicting how their grandiose legislation will stop "gun violence."

I predict little/no statistical difference.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    As of this morning, one more homicide & 5 more wounded in shootings since the weekend.

Balto's LEO's trying to blanket certain areas. Too little, too late. I wonder what Chief Johnson from Balto County is saying now. Can't wait for 10/1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom