• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    The Glock (and I'm not a Glock guy) is a great option.
    No, it isn't. I have a Glock 20 as my first 10mm and it didn't shoot well. I had to replace the stock barrel, with it's polygonal rifling, with a Storm Lake barrel that uses conventional rifling to accurately shoot the 185gr reloads I had. The Glock also didn't have a hammer, which I prefer to have on guns, and I didn't like the glock action. DA actions like the Walther P99AS, worked better for me.

I’m definitely open to a 1911, I just recently picked up an SR1911 in 45acp and it’s beautiful. I think I want to stay within pistols and not a revolver. Now the fun of trying to find local stock begins
    I have an Armscor 1911 in 10mm. This is the gun I bought several years ago, but it was an earlier version: https://www.armscor.com/firearms/ria/rock-series/rock-ultra-fs-10mm/
    I've only been able to shoot it once after buying it since I've been working overseas for the last few years, but the gun shoots well and feels solid.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    There are a few ways to go, and much depends on the power level. The 4th gen G20/29/40 are probably the best platforms if you want all the power the caliber has to offer. Light loads or 40 in a conversion barrel are soft recoiling, and easy to handle. Heavy loads are still tolerable due to the large grip. You can also opt for a 1911 platform, 8 or 9 rounds is enough for most, the caliber adds a bit of versatility to a classic pistol. I also like it in revolvers, can use 40 or 10 interchangeably in moon clips, can handload to long OAL with more power, and it has a larger range of power than 45ACP in the same platform

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    What’s the price per box? I figure the ammo will be harder to find then an actual pistol lol

I’ll match whatever the cheapest price online is. Saw aluminum for .58 cpr this morning, if you can find it cheaper in stock I’ll match. I’m not selling by the box, it would have to be all.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    G20. If you get tired of the 10MM convert it to a G21 and shoot cheaper 45ACP.

I have a Glock 20C and made a Glock 29C. I enjoy the caliber. I have about 600 round of 10mm (Magtech) in my personal stash if anyone is looking.

I’ll match whatever the cheapest price online is. Saw aluminum for .58 cpr this morning, if you can find it cheaper in stock I’ll match. I’m not selling by the box, it would have to be all.

FMJ or HP?

hornbakerfella

Oct 6, 2016
    God's Country

I saw that too. Tried to order it, it says in stock until after you plug all your info in then confirm order, the. It kicks it back that it’s not available

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Glock 40 is a lot of fun.

Conversion barrels are cheap. I spend more time shooting 357 Sig than anything else. The extra oal that a 10mm affords allows me to use regular 115 gr 9mm bullets.

Had a Delta Elite years ago. Mehh. Don't miss it and wouldn't bother with a 10mm 1911.

The S&Was are solid guns if you like them. Not my thing

Grand Power is worth a look if you want something a bit different. They're well made guns and shoot nicely.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010

PM sent

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I own multiple 10mm handguns. Have bought and sold a few, too. I don't shoot Glocks well, the grip doesn't suit me since I have human hands and wrists. With that said, my preferred 10mm handguns are the Springfield Armory TRP Operator with 6" barrel and the Dan Wesson Silverback. I'd love to get my hands on the STI Perfect 10, but that's no longer made. If I had to go plastic, the Springfield Armory XDM-10 is actually pretty nice. I should have gotten the longer version with the optic cut on the slide, but that's water under the bridge. I may get one at some point.

How do you like the TRP Operator? This model in the noted configuration is on my list this year.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    If it's just for the safe, build the Polymer 80. With the PF 45 you'll get a .45 ACP (G21SF) that's shoots 10 mm with just a barrel swap (G21 SF). Plus you'll have the fun of building it and the benefits that go with it.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    How do you like the TRP Operator? This model in the noted configuration is on my list this year.

It is better than the Kimber and the Colt I used to own. Recoil, even with the 180gr, 1340 fps loads I have, is about on par with the 45 ACP 1911s I've owned with ball ammo. If brass and ammo weren't an issue, I'd shoot it more. I had the trigger worked on, so it's perfect at 3 lbs. It was originally at 5 lbs. Controlled pairs at 21' are possible with practice. I'd suggest you get the optics ready version. If I find one at as good a price as I got my original, I'd purchase it.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    It is better than the Kimber and the Colt I used to own. Recoil, even with the 180gr, 1340 fps loads I have, is about on par with the 45 ACP 1911s I've owned with ball ammo. If brass and ammo weren't an issue, I'd shoot it more. I had the trigger worked on, so it's perfect at 3 lbs. It was originally at 5 lbs. Controlled pairs at 21' are possible with practice. I'd suggest you get the optics ready version. If I find one at as good a price as I got my original, I'd purchase it.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info and insight. Definitely going to keep an eye out for the optics ready version.

Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    If it's just for the safe, build the Polymer 80. With the PF 45 you'll get a .45 ACP (G21SF) that's shoots 10 mm with just a barrel swap (G21 SF). Plus you'll have the fun of building it and the benefits that go with it.

The .45 glock slide can also fit 10mm? The extractor works for both rounds?

The Glock 20 really tames the recoil of FP 10mm loads.
    I have never tried an EAA Tangfolio Witness, but they have a cult like following in the 10mm shooting community.

My brother has a 10mm EAA Witness that he really likes. It was a while ago but I remember liking it when I got to use it

Every person I'm aware of who has shot one says they're great.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The .45 glock slide can also fit 10mm? The extractor works for both rounds?

A 45 ACP will not slide up on a 40 or 9 breech face. A 9 can work on a 40 breech face but is too small to work on a 45 breech face. How much a Glock uses the breech face to guide the cartridge rim I haven’t really looked. Also the 45 uses a larger heavier slide.

The 45 may be converted to 10mm but not the opposite way. From what I have read you can go to smaller but not larger than original caliber. Whether or not this is still true I don’t know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom