• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I have a Remington SP-10 semi-auto I would sell for $1000 with a few boxes of ammo and the original sling.
    I have a bunch of 10's mostly doubles, anyone who thinks a 3 1/2 inch 12 will do the same thing as a 10 Magnum doesn't know what they are talking about. Its the old square load thing which equals shorter shot stings and better patterns.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I have a Remington SP-10 semi-auto I would sell for $1000 with a few boxes of ammo and the original sling.
    I have a bunch of 10's mostly doubles, anyone who thinks a 3 1/2 inch 12 will do the same thing as a 10 Magnum doesn't know what they are talking about. Its the old square load thing which equals shorter shot stings and better patterns.
    You got it. Its about 20 yards which is the difference between seeing feather pattern distinction and a kill vs a cripple or miss when shooting geese.
    Anybody that thinks not keeping the gun moving is a bad idea should try using a double whether O/O or SxS should try pulling the trigger again or shooting twice on an empty tube to see where their at when doing the same.
    Or better yet, shoot the same goose twice before it falls over the barrels with a pump gun.

Blaserman

MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2023
    Dundalk Md

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Hey I am trying to find a 10ga shotgun does anyone know best place to look or anyone have one for sale
    I was in Saint Firearms, in Essex, today picking up my new Ruger 75th anniversary MKIV and I happened to spot a used 10 GA double barrel on his rack. I didn't look closely at it (since I've spent enough money lately) but I THINK it may have been Spanish?? and I believe the price was $450, but don't hold me to that. Matt's a real good guy and very fair. He's closed tomorrow, open Friday 2-7 and Saturday 10-4. Might be worth taking a look at.

I have an old LC Smith 10 Ga with Damascus barrels that I shoot once in a while that I bought from Matt a couple years ago

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I inherited my Uncles Ithaca MAG-10. 32" barrel, 3 rd semi-auto. Remington bought the design and turned it into the SP-10. Recoil is manageable. Between the 2 of us it knocked a lot of geese out of the sky. Heavy bastard to hump around though

radarman

Feb 6, 2023
    Washington DC
    I've shot a lot of geese using my 10 ga BPS over the years. Back in the lead load days the 10 offered a nice advantage over the 3 inch 12 (prior to the 3.5 12 ga) with the 2 1/4 Oz, 4.5 dram-eq load of lead BB shot. Nothing was even close on geese or turkey (illegal today). Later, the 10 ga 1 3/4 oz load of #2 shot Remington Wingmaster HD was king, but even that product is gone.

It's not the fault of the 10 itself but the ammo manufactures. Even a 1 3/4 10 ga slug has at least 500 ft-lbs less energy at the muzzle than the best 3 inch 12. Today with the wide variety of 3.5 inch 12 ga offerings in no-tox and the anemic/scarce 10 guage loads, I'd get something else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom