• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newcomb52

MDS Supporter
    Nov 26, 2020
    Hey I am trying to find a 10ga shotgun does anyone know best place to look or anyone have one for sale

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    This might do better down in the wanted section.

What is your reasoning for wanting one? A 10ga set up for waterfowl, turkey, home defense, or predator hunting are all going to vary. Ammo options are also limited. A magnum 12ga will give you way more options for ammo and chokes making it a more versatile firearm.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Hey I am trying to find a 10ga shotgun does anyone know best place to look or anyone have one for sale
    I'd start by posting the question in the right sub-forum(s):

Or you can post up a WTB ad in the classifieds.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I shot an SP-10. Lets just say it was not what I was expecting. I'd go with a 3.5" 12ga and call it a day. I really wanted a 10ga until I shot one and then tried to find ammo for it.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Has MDS gone woke? Guy wants to buy a big new gun and the first few posts are all trying to talk him out of it...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    My buddy has a Browning bps in 10 Guage. It's awesome. It's essentially the 10mm of the shotgun world. Clearing malfunctions can suck with the bottom feed/bottom eject of the bps, but they're beautiful shotguns.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    I don’t think the State allows you to own one unless you have a dredge boat? Even then, I believe you’re supposed to have two of them.
    Two 10ga shotgun limit on a dredge boat, leftover law from the Oyster Wars. There's a thread about Oyster Wars somewhere, interesting articles on the interwebs too. Not to mention the Oyster Police, pre-cursor to the DNR.

On a separate note, I've been meaning to pickup a Ithaca Roadblocker 10ga since I saw one in the 80s. Don't have any practical use for it, more like a Tim the Toolman Taylor thing... more power :)

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    My buddy has a Browning bps in 10 Guage. It's awesome. It's essentially the 10mm of the shotgun world. Clearing malfunctions can suck with the bottom feed/bottom eject of the bps, but they're beautiful shotguns.

my BPS 12ga 3.5" is built on the BPS 10ga frame. It's tame in 3.5" compared to the SP-10 I shot.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

They still sell them? Hmmm... back to searching for decent ammo in 10ga.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Two 10ga shotgun limit on a dregde boat, leftover law from the Oyster Wars. There's a thread about Oyster Wars somewhere, interesting articles on the interwebs too. Not to mention the Oyster Police, pre-cursor to the DNR.
    Never mind. Another case of not using the sarcasm emoji for those with a humor deficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom