• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    The Jews for the Preservation of Handgun Ownership really took Mr. Rolley's comments personally; look HERE to see what they have to say about him....

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Sorry, that's Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO). Gotta love these guys, they're really radical and will take on anybody over stupid and ridiculous handgun laws and hypocritical politicians.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I nominate them for ugliest and confusing web site.

You need to read from right to left! :lol2:

Someone needs to point the JPHO towards "Greater Washington Area Chapter of Heeding God's Call" who are protesting at Realco.

Sorry for the thread drift, now back to the proposed bullet tax...

Martial

Jul 21, 2011
    Westminster
    I've always liked JPFO since I was directed there from LRC, but yeah, their website needs a major overhaul. They seem to be stuck in the mid 90s.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I had sent the JPHO's alert to Mr. Rolley at his email address last night and got an instant reply from his aide. Must have hit a sore spot when I started my letter by saying, "fortunately I don't live in Baltimore City"; of course I meant that in the context of I like to visit NYC but glad I don't live there, and I like to visit D.C, but certainly glad I don't live there, (hell, if Balto city was such a wonderful place to live I think it's population numbers would be swelling dramatically) but here's the entire conversation, draw your own conclusions.......

>> Mr. Rolley;

>> Fortunately I am not a resident of Baltimore City but as a resident of Maryland and of the United States I urge you to at least visit the web site of the JPFO and view their production of "No Guns For Negroes". While there, perhaps view their other productions as well, including "2A Today for The USA", and "No Guns for Jews". Whether or not you agree with their methods, the folks at this site utilize historical facts and a biblical/theological basis for their ongoing fight for civil rights and basic American freedoms.
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Respectfully,
    >>
    >>
    >> Stephen A. Bonning, PA-C
    >> Perry Hall, MD.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Mr. Benning:
    >
    > The author of the original post has admitted never having read Otis' full plan, and I can not imagine you have either.
    >
    > I recommend you do, as implying someone is ignorant - as the original author does - when you are uninformed is more telling than anything we could say in response.
    >
    > Thanks for writing, but we are not concerned with what people who begin emails with thanks they are not from Baltimore think.
    >
    > Goodbye.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    > Mr. Fee;
    > Love your open-mindedness and courtesy; more reasons I'm fortunate not to live in Baltimore City.....I will read Mr. Rolley's full plan as I suspect his intentions are noble, if you and/or Mr. Rolley promise to view the aforementioned videos
    >
    >
    >
    > Respectfully,
    >
    >
    > Stephen A. Bonning, PA-C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched the videos. Also saw the news coverage of a 4 year old who got hit when someone fired into the air during the 4th of July festivities. If raising the price of that kind of stupidity reduces the chance another child gets shot, great. After all, he didn't get hit by a rock/knife/basebalk bat.

But in Baltimore, we believe courtesy includes people knowing what they're talking about before expressing their opinion or questioning someone else. You hadn't bothered to read Otis' plan before expressing yours.

Thanks for writing though.

Dan

----------------------------------------------------------
    Mr. Fee;

All I did was ask your candidate to watch some videos, Dan. I expressed no opinions until your reply. You just got a little offended because I stated that I was 'fortunately' not a resident of Baltimore City. That had nothing to do with Mr. Rolley's proposal or anything else. The opinion may be from JFPO but in my email I just requested he watch those videos.

I found the videos pretty thought-provoking. I'm surprised more people don't. There's much discourse about gun control and there's much scholarship (hard data) out there that's better off discussed than being swayed by emotional booby traps. But fortunately that's for you guys to have to deal with.

------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion--I guess Mr. Fee was a little pissed about what the JPFO had to say about his candidate and didn't read what I was asking his candidate to do, that is, view some videos. He was so focused on my words about being 'fortunate' not being a resident of Baltimore City that no intelligent discourse could take place between 2 reasonable human beings. I'm beginning to believe all that talk about liberals as this is a good example of one. They believe is freedom, free speech, saving the world and all that as long as you don't disagree with anything they stand for.....:sad20:

Personally, I say we all bombard Rolley's inbox (info@otisrolley.com) with opinions about how stupid his proposal is and how stupid all this action is; after all, since 1 child was injured, let's outlaw bullets; since fireworks have injured people, let's outlaw them; I know that hammer and nails have caused a few injuries, they need to be outlawed or taxed. Mr Rolley and his aides need to hear how ridiculous they sound and how embarassing they are to Baltimore and Maryland residents.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    My response from Mr. Fee

I don't live in Baltimore, but I thought I'd send a letter to Mr. Otis to tell him how illogical his plan is. I got a very quick reply from one of his aides, and we had quite a few back and forth emails. This gentleman really thinks he's doing the right thing, it's amazing. Here's how our conversation went down:
    Me (paraphrased):Your idea is stupid, etc. Gun control causes more gun crimes, look at the places that have the strictest gun control laws, they have high crime rates. People need the right to defend themself, etc.
    Reply:>>And Otis does understand that responsible gun owners are not the problem -- irresponsible possessors (I am drawing a distinction to include people who borrow/steal/rent guns) are. Responsible gun owners are extremely unlikely to be firing a burst into the air in celebration or to be committing a drive-by shooting. In Baltimore, there's a long tradition of people firing into the air during holidays and celebrations -- in fact, a 4 year old was wounded on July 4th because someone did exactly that. This will maybe make people think twice before doing that. Responsible gun owners are unlikely to be impacted much by this proposal.
    >>

Me:I don't think you, or Mr. Otis have a firm grip on reality here. First off, it's not possible to rent a gun in the manner you're suggesting. You can rent a gun at a gun range, but you won't be able to leave the building with it. Saying things like this shows that the candidate has a total ignorance when it comes to guns and gun ownership. Lending someone a gun that they then commit a crime with is also highly unlikely because Maryland Police have shell casings on file for legal guns. If someone were to lend out a gun, and that gun was used in a crime, it wouldn't be long before the police were knocking on the gun owners door. That leaves us with stolen guns, which are already illegal, because they are stolen, you follow me?

Last Friday I went to the range and shot for about 30 minutes. I discharged 150 rounds, which cost me $9 for the ammunition. Are you telling me that with Mr. Otis as mayor, I would have paid $159 for this same activity? I think that responsible gun owners would very much be impacted by this proposal.

That's not really the point though, I can order all the ammunition I want online and have the FedEx man deliver it to my front door, tax-free. Did you know I could do that? The point is knee-jerk gun control measures proposed by politicians that may mean well, but ultimately have no effect on crime. I would suggest that you, and the candidate educate yourself on these issues.

Reply:Sir, you're incorrect: it is 100% possible to "rent" a gun in many neighborhoods.

Where was the range? Was it in the City of Baltimore?

We know lots of things about gun crime -- like how many innocents get killed every year. That's what we are trying to prevent, even through limited measures like this.

Me:(Other random stuff edited)There is a problem with gun violence, taxing bullets won't stop it, concealed carry permits will.
    Reply:Mr. Collins:
    Then no, your ammo would not have been taxed because it wasn't in the city. But the kids who borrow a gun in the neighborhood won't be able to go out there to go get ammo. It will cut down on those situations where people fire randomly.

And sure, I'd come out. Fan of shooting, but I am not sure we'll have a ton of time before the primary. But certainly afterwards.

And yes, taxing bullets won't stop gun violence, but it might cut down on some of the nonsense. Changing gun laws is a state and federal issues.
    Thanks.

It's impossible to reason with these people. Why do you Marylanders tolerate these people in politics?

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I had sent the JPHO's alert to Mr. Rolley at his email address last night and got an instant reply from his aide.,snip>

That is hilarious!:lol2:

I read the overall plan. It is a few pages of comedy gold. To really typify the message it should be in written in Comic Sans or Crayola. :)
    http://www.wbaltv.com/pdf/28596094/detail.html

Firstly they should invest in a grammar czecher. The possessive, “its” is not the same as the contraction “it’s”. Same for the word “individuals”. ‘Exoffender” is not a word in English. "Innercity" and "afterschool" are also not words as much as illiteratemayoralcanidate is not a word. However there are the two word prepositional phrases 'inner city' and 'after school' that may have been applicable or so my MD public school education tells me.

Second is probably more idiotic than a cartridge bullet tax. He wants to give tax money to businesses that discriminate against hiring lawful citizens in favor of felons. Unemployment is high and they want to pay tax money to keep the lawful out of a job? If I was an unemployed Baltimore resident trying to feed my family, I would go nuclear.

Third is they blame the 'comparatively low pay scale of Baltimore police in the 90’s' for crime' now. That was 20 years ago. Many of the cops are retired by now and the criminals are in jail or dead. The google says a new Baltimore PD officer make $42,290. MSP earn $40,207.00. Anne Arundle is $41,620. Harford is $42,973. It seems like the current Baltimore pay scale comparable to the surrounding areas. DC and NYC are $48,716 and $44,744 respectively. Yet the cost of living are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than Baltimore, so they earn much less.

Forth is the plan decriminalizes marijuana, there will be less crime. If you decriminalize murder there will be even less crime. He is trying to change the definition of crime is and then claim a reduction. With that logic, I guarantee I have a method that can reduce ALL crime to ZERO in Baltimore. Elect me as mayor.

He promises a 20 percent reduction in violent crime in his first term. How can he justify this? Very few of the ideas in his plan have ever been implemented with any success. Will he resign if it turns out he is making false promises? Who is going to fund all of these programs and what will it do to an already sputtering economy?

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and have a more effective comprehensive plan in 5 hours. Additionally, the grammar and spelling will be 20% better.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    'nough said.

Attachments

• MD State Flag.jpg
      MD State Flag.jpg
      33.1 KB · Views: 171

Cannon

Dec 10, 2009
    Baltimore
    Way to hit the nail on the head blueheeler:thumbsup:

I think the bullet tax thing will never fly(fingers crossed), I think he's just trying to get media attention for his sorry ass plan to "fix Baltimores problems". Really his entire plan is cut and paste language that city politicians use to talk around the real problem, aka the elephant in the room, which is that a signifigant portion of the city population have no motivation to do anything constructive or positive with their lives, and have no one to blame but themselves.

Is it really that hard to comprehend?
    1.Seriously, stay in school, it's really not that hard to pass high school
    2.Get a friggin job, start at Mcdonalds, then maybe learn how to build houses, all it takes is a little motivation, there is no excuse, no F-ing excuse!
    3.Most important-Don't have any F-ing kids, unless of course you really want them and can support them.

I tell you the rum really brings out the Republican in me doesn't it?:D

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    Way to hit the nail on the head blueheeler:thumbsup:

I think the bullet tax thing will never fly(fingers crossed), I think he's just trying to get media attention for his sorry ass plan to "fix Baltimores problems". Really his entire plan is cut and paste language that city politicians use to talk around the real problem, aka the elephant in the room, which is that a signifigant portion of the city population have no motivation to do anything constructive or positive with their lives, and have no one to blame but themselves.

Is it really that hard to comprehend?
    1.Seriously, stay in school, it's really not that hard to pass high school
    2.Get a friggin job, start at Mcdonalds, then maybe learn how to build houses, all it takes is a little motivation, there is no excuse, no F-ing excuse!
    3.Most important-Don't have any F-ing kids, unless of course you really want them and can support them.

I tell you the rum really brings out the Republican in me doesn't it?:D

Why do all that when the gubbment is sending you free money from Obama's stash???

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    From what I've experienced this is false. In 5 years of living in the city I've had 1 package vanish. Ordered ammo plenty of times. Usually the UPS guy will just leave things out back unless a signature is required. USPS won't leave anything that doesn't fit in the mailbox though...but the post office is only about 2 miles away.

You sure must have lived in a better neighborhood than I did. I lived there for 5 1/2 years and every house on our block was broken into, home invasions, our neighbor was beat up around the corner from us, anything left in view in the car was broken into, etc., etc. There was a drug dealer house at the end of the block. We were a few blocks from the Inner Harbor. Our neighbor had his door kicked in at noon on Mothers day and the guy came after our neighbor with a knife. My wife came home to find our home was broken into and they were still in the house. They started calling telling us that they liked our house and were going to come back. Nobody was ever caught. We got out as soon as we could. I would never have ordered a package via UPS and expect to find it on my door when I got home. Anything of value was stolen or got smashed on the sidewalk in our neighborhood. I know there are better neighborhoods in Baltimore, but crime in our neighborhood was terrible.

Plinkey

Jan 25, 2011
    Baltimore City
    Oh yeah, not every neighborhood in Baltimore is good. I'll agree with you on that one. I live in Canton near the old Boh Factory and haven't really had any problems other than getting a car window broken every now and then (nothing to steal in the car of course).

It's what you have to deal with if you want to live in the city. Having $300 of ammo disappear from my doorstep would not be a good feeling though. I'll agree with you on that one.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    “Never go to clubs with metal detectors. Sure it feels safe inside. But what about all those niggas waiting outside with guns? They know you ain't got one.”-
    -*Chris Rock
    -----------------
    “Gun control? We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost 5,000 dollars. Because if a bullet cost five thousand dollar, we wouldn't have any innocent bystander .”
    -*Chris Rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom