• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Sooooo, a criminal who uses a shotgun doesn't have to pay the tax, right?

What about criminals use use a black powder revolver? Are lead balls exempt?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    What about criminals use use a black powder revolver? Are lead balls exempt?
    No, silly! You can't use a black powder revolver to commit a crime, it's against the rules! You HAVE to commit all of your crimes with a semi-automatic that has a registered spent shell casing! :lol2:

:facepalm:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    No, silly! You can't use a black powder revolver to commit a crime, it's against the rules! You HAVE to commit all of your crimes with a semi-automatic that has a registered spent shell casing! :lol2:

:facepalm:

And sights like these ... :innocent0

Attachments

• Home Boy Sighst.jpg
      Home Boy Sighst.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 363

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If criminals steal guns, why wouldn't they steal bullets?

If anything this is going to back fire. Criminals are notorious for BAD AIM. If bullets become more expensive, they will start aiming leading to more kills.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    A Baltimore mayoral candidate proposes a tax on bullets as part of a plan to reduce crime. Do you consider that an effective option as part of a larger plan?

Yes: 139 votes, 4%
    No: 3,322 votes, 96%

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Honestly...how many criminals do you run across that have more then one magazine. They usually have the one magazine that came in their stolen gun.

The good news...is any serious shooter can order ammo from the internet and by pass the stupid tax and save a lot of money.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    The underlying issue here is that he expects that people are stupid enough to approve of that and there's apparently enough of such stupid people out there to give basis to that expectation. I'd say some work is needed to improve upon that.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I looked up the guy on Wikipedia - he's got a fairly impressive education - a bachelors from Rutgers and a masters from MIT. It was interesting that he was given awards for trying to oust the president of Rutgers, but in looking that up, it appears that his efforts were unsuccessful.

I can't tell if he's just yet another one of those impressively educated morons who somehow seemed to be accepted into and bumbled their way through some pretty decent schools, or if he's pandering to the Baltimorons in an effort to get votes, and isn't nearly as stupid as what he seems to anyone with half a brain.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Holy shit! $570 for a box of .22lr?

Well...to split a hair or two......if the quote is: "$1 tax on BULLETS", and not $1 on cartridges, well then a box of 22LR cartridges will not be 570......just the same ole price. OTOH is that $1 per "bullet", or $1 on a box...seems the possibilities are endless.....:rolleyes:

But then a box of BULLETS for reloaders might be a tad expensive...:sad20:

Just sayin....:)
    R

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Otis Rolley is a 'tard of the highest order. His dumb ass is running for mayor, and this is his sad, little attempt at getting someone (anyone) to notice his chiclet-toothed goober grin. Otis Rolley is truly one of the Small Brains.

I'm penning an email to him, now, to let him know that as a city resident, I find this attempt to violate my second amendment rights offensive and I will now take a PERSONAL interest in making certain that he is not elected mayor. Although I generally don't get involved in Baltimore politics (it's kind of like watching the Special Olympics), in his case, I will make an exception. :mad54::mad54::mad54:

ETA: ...and I've never bought ammo in the city. Come to think of it, is there anywhere in the city TO buy ammo?

Not that I know of...and that's the best part! :lol2: Pandering dufus!

ETA: Opps, the Cop Shop...

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Sometime in the near future....................

A conversation never to be heard in Balmer:

" I wuz gonna cap yo nappy azz, but I don' have the benjamins for boolitt tips so you get to skate on Otis da mans dime MoFo, run, run fast I'ze pickin up a brick to frow at yo."

Gee, thanks Mr Putative Mayor what would we do without you?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    He can propose anything he wants. Pre-emption stops him from enacting any such law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom