• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    What the heck does that refer to? A newer member, now banned, kept referring to the fact that he was "1 of 365" WTF does that mean??? Am I that out of touch because I had no idea what he was talking about.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Prior to MD jerking us around when the G&S was revoked by Judge Legg there was a period of time that you did NOT need G&S (theoretically) to receive a handgun permit in MD. The total number of applicants in this period was 365. 365 who applied without G&S and where started into the MD CCW boondoggle.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Weren't there about that many folks who got in their CCW application before the decision was stayed... remember back then when we had hope?

-Jim

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Now I remember! Thanks Mopar. What got me was that he kept referring to it like it made him better than everyone else or it was some great badge of honor that we were all supposed to bow down to. No wonder he got banned.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Doesn't he have a new name? "ninjatroll". :D

I was looking at the CCW stats just yesterday, and 2012 came up as the last dataset... there's a huge bump in apps in March (jumps to 500 from a norm of about 200 per month and a little higher in April than normal...) but no corresponding granted count. That musta been when they went in...

Here's a screen shot...

Attachments

• image-4070688026.jpg
      image-4070688026.jpg
      86 KB · Views: 471

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Hey I was one of the 365, so bow down and send me ammo. :loll:
    All i got to show for it is a reject letter and receipts for moneys spent. We all knew it was going to end up the way it did. But I figured if it added to the count, it was worth it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    MSP once mentioned the number *365* . Like Moose , I don't have faith in that. If it actually had some basis , I suspect it was an interm number.

Despite all the discussion of *sticking it to the Man* by getting HQL's , the pre-Stay Applicants actually did have a major impact upon the MSP , and by extention the Politbeauro.

Being part of the so-called "365" really was a Litmus Test for us in Md. The shamefull part is that the numbers weren't several times higher.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    365 is an awfully coincidental number to the potential number of days in a given year.

I'm not prone to buy into coincidences.

It's good to know the reference (thanks MOPAR). Other than that, once again numbers (like facts) will tell you whatever the person torturing them wants you to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom