• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Dumbass track coaches in high school would never believe me that it was a real thing. Telling kids to drink 2 gallons a day!

That can lower sodium significantly. Brain swelling/seizures can be fatal.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Can this be seen officially in writing anywhere? I certrainly trust Rack and Lurker, but I absolutely do not trust the spoken words of their source. Bad legislators lie, and even the good ones get misinformed.

With all due respect, I'll believe it's dead when I see that's true on the day after sine die. We know our adversaries well enough...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Living by the beach and deliberately injecting poison into your body aren't exactly the same thing

Living by the beach, in New Orleans, etc. is like deliberately injecting poison into your financial balance sheet, but you get some free Narcan there too provided for by the government. It is all great until there is a heroin epidemic or a Hurricane the likes of Katrina comes along.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    any news on this being put to rest ?

I don't think this bill is going to die in its entirety. I think some of it is going to survive, just not the Long Gun Qualification License ("LGQL")part. At least that is my hope. Actually hoping that they shelve this abomination of a bill and draft up a cleaner version next session in 2020 without the LGQL.

Hoping they come to their senses and get rid of the HQL too since it prejudices the poor that live in areas of high crime that desperately need a firearm for self defense but can barely afford the firearm, much less pay the direct and incidental costs of the HQL.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I don't think this bill is going to die in its entirety. I think some of it is going to survive, just not the Long Gun Qualification License ("LGQL")part. At least that is my hope. Actually hoping that they shelve this abomination of a bill and draft up a cleaner version next session in 2020 without the LGQL.

Hoping they come to their senses and get rid of the HQL too since it prejudices the poor that live in areas of high crime that desperately need a firearm for self defense but can barely afford the firearm, much less pay the direct and incidental costs of the HQL.

Don't we all, but I think its safe to say that Annapolis doesn't give a single shit about people not being able to afford the added cost of defending their castles due to the extra monetary burdens imposed BY ANNAPOLIS.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    any news on this being put to rest ?
    not yet, so far it is not moving

I suspect they work on the easy stuff first and save the controversial stuff for later. Having said that, a couple of the bad bills have started to move, so next few days should be telling.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County

This is so defeatist. The only clean version is for them to keep their grubby paws off of our God-given unalienable rights.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Don't we all, but I think its safe to say that Annapolis doesn't give a single shit about people not being able to afford the added cost of defending their castles due to the extra monetary burdens imposed BY ANNAPOLIS.

If they really did not care whatsoever, they would have passed everything the way it was written initially. Those abortions of bills would have been passed. They would not have listened to Hough, Pennak, Doherty, and others that testified competently and civilly and changed what has been changed to something way more reasonable and dare I say, common sense. The entire "transfer" bill is spot on with regard to the issue that Chow presented. It was scaled back to address the issue with criminals and how criminal defense attorneys had been getting their clients off from "loaning" firearms to other criminals.

I think the people in Annapolis are willing to listen IF we can present good reasons why certain laws suck. The shell casing law went away a couple years ago. The HQL law could also go away at some point since it does not appear to be making any difference as far as crimes are concerned. At some point, Maryland will have to do a 180 and try something a lot different than the gun control it has been attempting for 40+ years. Kind of like how illicit drug control has not been working, kind of like how prohibition did not work.

It just takes time for reasonable people to see and admit that their long term plan is NOT working out in the long term.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    This is so defeatist. The only clean version is for them to keep their grubby paws off of our God-given unalienable rights.

Yeah, every time I hear or see "God given unalienable Right". I laugh. That God given right does not exist to atheists, and with a pen and paper, an Amendment can be added to the Constitution to do away with that Right given to us by our forefathers. Our forefathers were religious people and verbose. They liked to use phrases like "God given unalienable Rights" to just what they drafted in the Constitution. If they were God given and unalienable, they should have drafted the Constitution such that they could never be abrogated or amended away.

There is "defeatist" and then there is "realist".

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Yeah, every time I hear or see "God given unalienable Right". I laugh. That God given right does not exist to atheists, and with a pen and paper, an Amendment can be added to the Constitution to do away with that Right given to us by our forefathers. Our forefathers were religious people and verbose. They liked to use phrases like "God given unalienable Rights" to just what they drafted in the Constitution. If they were God given and unalienable, they should have drafted the Constitution such that they could never be abrogated or amended away.

I'll choose liberty over both these any day of the week. It's good to know where you stand. I'm not laughing. Neither should you be.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    That God given right does not exist to atheists

A non-religious person can still get behind this concept, because it essentially means "a right that exists by virtue of your existence." Meaning, something like the right to self defense can be rationally derived from the very nature of our existence - whether you attribute that existence to natural or supernatural circumstances.

with a pen and paper, an Amendment can be added to the Constitution to do away with that Right given to us by our forefathers

Not to pick nits, but it's a right recognized as being universal and doggedly protected by our founders - not given. I know we're just talking among friends here, but it's a good habit to practice always referring to such rights as being universal, and not given by government. We don't want to use language that even flirts with that concept, because it lends power to those who consider a thing "given" by government to be thus at the whim of government. And it takes most of the states in the union to agree that such a change needs to happen. We're a LONG way from 37+ states thinking the protection of these rights needs to go away.

Yes, indeed. In Maryland, for example, I think there is more power in being realistic. Realistic about the demographics of the financial power and voting blocks in the state. Realistic about the left's inertia on so many fronts. Being realistic about those things means being able to have a sober, rational analysis of where our side's finite resources and energy are spent. For us, it's all about the courts. Which is NOT to diminish the philosophical importance of telling these people to their faces that they're wrong ... because if nothing else, that will make the "I told you so" moments that will come with court victories so much more gratifying.

My dollars are going to those who are fighting to win these issues for us both in the state and nationally. And I'll do everything I can to make sure that we get more friendly federal judges and justices by keeping the Dems from running the Senate or taking over the White House. That entire area of work will trickle down to individual statutes here in MD, eventually. It's a good thing I've learned more patience as I've become grumpier and grayer.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I prefer the term "natural" rights. If there is no god, all we have is natural selection. Predator with the biggest teeth usually wins. Nothing says "select me" more than a 357 magnum, except 300 BLK.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I stand in the realm called "reality".

The realm you describe has the defeatists and realists watching their liberty being chipped away one bill at a time. I stand in the United States of America, a nation founded on the principle of liberty. That is a realm that I desire to stand in, and I will feel that way until I no longer draw breath.

If you stand for reality over liberty, you are no better than those who would trample that liberty. That is all.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    We all stand in reality, whether we like to admit it or not. At the end of the day the constitution is a very old piece of paper, given meaningful weight only so long as actual, living human beings care to abide by it. There should be no illusion about this.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    The realm you describe has the defeatists and realists watching their liberty being chipped away one bill at a time. I stand in the United States of America, a nation founded on the principle of liberty. That is a realm that I desire to stand in, and I will feel that way until I no longer draw breath.

If you stand for reality over liberty, you are no better than those who would trample that liberty. That is all.

How will your liberty be doing if they pass these laws, you do not comply, and they toss you in prison? How will liberty be going then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom