• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    I know the roster isn't high on our list of grievances, but neither was the shell casings BS. Does anyone know if this topic was ever brought up with the Gov? Seems like a good place to save some tax dollars.

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    ATI MP40 9mm pistol, this is my dream gun since I was a kid, Anyone has the same thought?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I know the roster isn't high on our list of grievances, but neither was the shell casings BS. Does anyone know if this topic was ever brought up with the Gov? Seems like a good place to save some tax dollars.

This isn't something the Governor has any control over. This is required by statute. The MGA would have to change it.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Ms. Jenkins isn't doing the approving. She's administrative staff sending paperwork to submitters and keeping us updated on the process. The approval board is different and has state police and, IRC, MD citizens appointed by the Governor on it (probably a gun store owner or two, although I haven't checked the recent list). They weren't obstructionistic during the O'Malley administration. Consider they allow pistols that resemble officially designated scary rifles as an example.

Not saying that I like this impediment to handgun availability in MD, but I would put the HQL requirement, mag capacity limitations, handgun transport restrictions, etc much higher on the list of 2A handgun issues that we have in this state.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Agree, from my experience she will work with you if something can be fixed administratively.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

python

Apr 15, 2010
    That AR pistols are not required to be on there to begin with......

I've been told that you need to submit the gun with the form. Unless you are an FFL, you can't get the gun to do that. So you need to have an FFL who is willing to go though the trouble of filling in the form, dropping off the gun, then picking it up? (As I had it explained to me).

Understood, and thanks for the clarification. Regardless of who's doing the infringing and administrating, it's wrong. I also agree with you that we have bigger fish to fry in this State, but this is just another quirky (probably illegal) thing about Maryland gun laws that has a lot of gun owners feeling 'battered'. (BGOS is a real thing (Battered Gun Owners Syndrome).

Yep. My point exactly.

Nope.
    Legion need to be listed.
    The 226 Legion is on the roster.
    I'm sure all would be there if they were submitted. Sig won't submit one.
    Since most variations of existing guns don't need approval, I'm surprised to hear that. Same gun. Same model designation. I think there is some confusion at the MSP. That precedent for variations was set years ago.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Since most variations of existing guns don't need approval, I'm surprised to hear that. Same gun. Same model designation. I think there is some confusion at the MSP. That precedent for variations was set years ago.
    Explanation I got was legion has a modified firing mechanism. Don't shoot the messenger....

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    How about the Arex ReX Zero 1-CP (Compact)? They added the ReX Zero 1-S (Standard) but not the compact.

Send a Petition request to Ms. Jenkins...if it is the same Caliber then it usually gets forwarded because being that the FS is already n the list it just relates to the Barrel Length and basic overall size...

Besides if there is an issue with getting it listed Ms. Jenkins will contact you in most cases...

If you want I'll do it for you...just PM me...

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    No requirement anymore for fired shell casing. That changed roughly 2 years ago.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Yes, I know. It was sold as a cost saving measure, and I was thinking the retirement of this roster could be sold the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Yes, I know. It was sold as a cost saving measure, and I was thinking the retirement of this roster could be sold the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the Roster is a deterrent and a income mechanism for the Anti-Gun zealots within this Political Fascist State.

Democratic Party is now the Fascist Party.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Very good point.

One of the few obvious things Hogan has done with regard to firearms is he was successful in repealing/eliminating the 'ballistic fingerprinting'. He led this initiative and demonstrated how it would (and has) save the state money.

So that's the sweet spot for now, find something that makes things simpler, more efficient, tough on criminals/better for us good-guys, and/or saves the state money, it stands a chance of getting fixed. Eliminating the handgun roster does some of these.

This is the sort of topic that a pro-gun organization could capture, explore, prioritize and if it rises to be a top priority (because it's doable), then lobby for it. There maybe other fields untilled that could be more fertile though.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Both models have been submitted for consideration at the next meeting.
    R

Seriously?

THANK YOU!

You just made my Sunday. Really. I wasn't looking forward to having to go through the process myself, though everything I have heard from those who have dealt with Ms. Jenkins is totally positive. She really seems like the kind of public servant we need more of.

I just checked the Handgun Roster Board page, and sure enough, they're on the docket for the 2/16 meeting. (They didn't have this month's docket up a few days ago when I looked).

Again, thank you. That really made my day.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    I've been told that you need to submit the gun with the form. Unless you are an FFL, you can't get the gun to do that. So you need to have an FFL who is willing to go though the trouble of filling in the form, dropping off the gun, then picking it up? (As I had it explained to me).

In another thread you stated You were an FFL01!
    So are you or not?

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=206262
    Started Feb 9th

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom