• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Delmarva for 500 yards, New Holland PA for the 600 yard F-class, and there may be some other clubs that have open competitions that extend past 600 - I just haven't had much time to look into them though.
    Next Question: Are Delmarva & New Holland open to the public to shoot their 500+ yard ranges most days..?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Next Question: Are Delmarva & New Holland open to the public to shoot their 500+ yard ranges most days..?

Delmarva is open to the public, 20 cash for the ranges up to 300, additional 10 for the 500 line. Add 5 if paying by credit.

New Holland is usually members only (IIRC), except for the competitions - then it's open to the public. They have some good people shooting F-class, skill wise and personality wise.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Delmarva is open to the public, 20 cash for the ranges up to 300, additional 10 for the 500 line. Add 5 if paying by credit.

New Holland is usually members only (IIRC), except for the competitions - then it's open to the public. They have some good people shooting F-class, skill wise and personality wise.

Never been to New Holland, post up when your shooting fclass and I will try to make it up.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall

So I did some research on Delmarva...

One way distance from Perry Hall MD 115 miles = 2 hours each way...

Plus the gas & tolls & range fees is starting to add up...

Once or twice a year = possibly, twice a month = forget it...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    So I did some research on Delmarva...

One way distance from Perry Hall MD 115 miles = 2 hours each way...

Plus the gas & tolls & range fees is starting to add up...

Once or twice a year = possibly, twice a month = forget it...

I make the drive from Calvert Co., obviously I can't make that drive as often as I'd like to - but when you have to scratch that itch...

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Brad,

The 1500 dollar action isn't absolutely necessary. I didn't trust myself to chamber and fit the new Krieger pipe to my T3 action but the benchrest smith I had do it for me checked out the fit of my action (he's that kind of thorough) and pronounced it just fine. His chambering job was excellent, less than .0005 runout in the chamber. The T3 rifles can be bought for far less than the price of almost any "custom" action and will provide a platform that is superior to almost anything factory and equal to several of the 1000-1300 dollar customs. I'll never buy another rem or savage after seeing what the T3s and "custom" actions do. My good friend owns a tikka T3, for which he paid less than 500 dollars, and with handloads I developed he regularly holds even with me when we shoot aggs together at the range-against my custom .22-250AI that I built on a 700 action.

I consider the T3s to be excellent and the Howa 1500 actions not far behind. Don't need to break the bank to build a sweet rig.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    Yeah I think I read up on it. The safety meeting and all that stuff. And you have to have a first responder there for medical stuff (I think). I should be good with all that stuff. Just gotta check more into it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Anyone can shoot at Ft Meade, I shoot there all the time. There is a process tho.

Is there a thread here that describes the process? I only live 15 min from there. That would be sweet for longer range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I just checked out your links. I don't know how I've never heard about this before. 25 bucks and I can shoot 600 yards. Count me in. I'll probably be joining with my father. This is awesome! Thanks for the advice!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    You're welcome. Honestly there's only probably a half dozen times a year we're on range 1 but for $25 you can't complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom