• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So $400 to exercise the 2A. Thats a bargain, wait what did they do in Boston when the tea tax was too high?

If you work or visit DC infrequently then it may not be a bargain. For someone like myself who is in DC very frequently then yes, it is a bargain, how much is my life worth?

And in the meantime working to do all I can to elect those who can effect change.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It seemed to me this was the best timing for the gun banners to go SCOTUS.

What is their game? Do they know something we don’t? Is my tin foil hat too tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Current Liberal Justices stay put, and they hope to stack the court come 2021.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Don't forget, you also have to register each and every gun you plan to carry in DC. Plus you have to carry the registration card (along with your CCW License) when carrying...

IIRC, it's $13 per gun...

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Don't forget, you also have to register each and every gun you plan to carry in DC. Plus you have to carry the registration card (along with your CCW License) when carrying...

IIRC, it's $13 per gun...

I live in DC so they are already done. And I believe the law says permit or copy, I keep copies in every vehicle, and paper is thin in the wallet so small copies go there well.
    The PITA in DC is if you are married, firearms can only belong to one person and be possessed by that one person. so if you are both occasional carriers and just wanted one firearm for it, you need two.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    FYI posted raciness release and faq here:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=215514

of interest he left out the 1,000 feet of a school, daycare, public housing, playground thing, which I have conflicting answers from firearms instructors, and MPD,. 2,000 foot diameter circles, even if you exempt those within 1,000 feet of your residence, but can not exempt those that are 1,001 feet or more away feet, pretty much disallows from adams morgan south and north Georgetown and eastward in NW.
    And google maps using day care and daycare only lists about 1/10 the number of licensed daycares DCRA says there are meaning they can be in an apartment building you are driving by and you would have no way of knowing.

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    FYI posted raciness release and faq here:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=215514

of interest he left out the 1,000 feet of a school, daycare, public housing, playground thing, which I have conflicting answers from firearms instructors, and MPD,. 2,000 foot diameter circles, even if you exempt those within 1,000 feet of your residence, but can not exempt those that are 1,001 feet or more away feet, pretty much disallows from adams morgan south and north Georgetown and eastward in NW.

That's Step 3. First was Heller ("Keep"). Next was Wrenn ("Bear"). Last will be "Infringe".

Infringement suits will go on forever.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    That's Step 3. First was Heller ("Keep"). Next was Wrenn ("Bear"). Last will be "Infringe".

Infringement suits will go on forever.

I am just playing around with some addresses in logan. There are residential and business addresses where even if you do not count anything within 1,000', there are 360 degrees of 2,000' diameter circle around schools, playgrounds, parks, public housing and day cares that make a complete circular barrier. I see a gas station which would be one of the higher cash volume business there is, where the guy could not leave a near 360 degree complete barrier once he got past 1,000 feet of his business. and I am sure it is 100% 360 barrier as there are a lot of daycares not readily identifiable but which are certainly there.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Crossposted due to relevance:
    66bb2a8a468c18f5c0d8d59b4a9938d3.jpg

https://crimeresearch.org/2017/10/d...-effectively-ban-anyone-legally-carrying-gun/

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I need to examine the exact wording of the DC statute, but the Federal GFSZA uses the phrase "knowingly" as it applies to the 1000 foot distance from a school. Need to see DC's exact wording.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have a suggestion about registration cards. Take a picture and keep it in your phone as well.

If officers have discretion, you may be better off.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Mine says nothing about rifle qual and I qualed both handguns and rifles
    Expert with rifles but pizza box for handguns

Mine was on my Desert Storm demobilization DD214.

I had a paper pushing CWO4 who was a stickler for detail during my out briefing.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Isn't first steps below basic pistol?

Look I don't believe in mandatory training, and I do not know anything about you, so this is not about you but just general: if all you have had is first steps or basic, this is different. It is an urban environment; with knowledge of self defense law, de-escalation and avoidance much more important; all kinds of areas that are prohibited where a mistake could bar you from all firearms including at home for life, issues with printing that are not the same as Harissburg or Leesburg. I serious advise you to take a full 16 hour course.

I have pals who can consistently group under 2" at 10 yards, can shoot weak or stong, and can take down and reassemble semi auto in the dark -- but they are utterly unprepared for any carry in a jurisdiction like DC as they don't know much about the law, never mind DC law, de-escalation, interactions with police, etc.
    I don't disagree with anything you wrote, and yes, First Steps is below Basic Pistol.

I've read Branca's book many times, and feel I have the knowledge and skill a DC class would yield.

I'm not against taking the DC class (am trying to re-arrange life schedule for the Oct 28/29 CypherPunk class), I am just wondering if the DC Chief's exception is any NRA class, or one that is 16 hours as the DC code (3663.3 I think) says something like 'equal to or greater than the DC training.

NO such thing as too much training. :thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Is any NRA class 16 hours in length and could get DC approval?

Maybe that's why the example training in the DC instructions only mentions NRA training but does not stipulate a course length?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Is any NRA class 16 hours in length and could get DC approval?

Maybe that's why the example training in the DC instructions only mentions NRA training but does not stipulate a course length?
    I was told a Sgt Hall will be in after 9 this morning and I will call.

The list of exemptions does say 'NRA course' and specifies no length, but right before the list in the instructions, it references a code section (3663.3 I think, don't have it up), and their it says 'a case by case example if the training is equal to or greater than what's mandated by DC'

It would seem based on that, that no NRA training would be okay. We'll see what he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom