• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Also remember when you go down to DC, they require TWO forms of proof of residence. Your DL is not enough.

I'm using my Voter reg card.

Attachments

• ids.jpg
      ids.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 334

mjester93

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/

Create an account
    Plug in your TX certification number
    select purchase new license
    select "2018 Full Season Hunting" under hunting
    Pay $24.50
    Printout hunting license

Completely online based from training to getting your Carry permit :D

Maybe this will be enough to get DC to appeal to the SCOTUS, when word gets around :innocent0

That sounds too good to be true. No idea MD made it that easy.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

mjester93

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Maryland always makes it easy when it comes to taking your money.

here is the DC "Instructions for Submitting an Application for a
    Concealed Carry Pistol License", see page 2

https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/f...License Application Instructions_10 05 17.pdf

https://mpdc.dc.gov/page/applying-concealed-carry-pistol-license

Haha very true on that one. I saw that PDF when I was filling out the form. I still don't think it would be sufficient though imo. I'll try calling and asking if it would.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Haha very true on that one. I saw that PDF when I was filling out the form. I still don't think it would be sufficient though imo. I'll try calling and asking if it would.

Don't take this the wrong way, calling would be a stupid thing to do.

It's there in black and white on a DC letter head document. If you meet the plain language, then you qualify.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you're gonna carry a pistol, read ALL the regs.

If you chamber a round and then top off, your second mag can only have 9 rounds.

Attachments

• ammo.jpg
      ammo.jpg
      70.1 KB · Views: 326

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Per a 'secret squirrel' at MPDC, apply and check 'Exempt' for training, then list all certifications you have.

Your app will be reviewed on a case by case basis, and if they say you need more training, you could/will get the permit and have 45 days to get approved training.

Calls are going to voicemail as they are getting swamped with calls in re the new permit scheme.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I am confused on the gun free zone map, when DC was o/c for a day or two a while back was there not a picture of someone here on the mall in front of the Capitol building? It looks like the Mall, along with the rest of DC is in a GFZ? What gives?

NOBODY

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That was Hvymax. The entire DC gun law was suspended by injunction during those 3 days. That was different than just the G&S provision being struck down

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Don't forget, you also have to register each and every gun you plan to carry in DC. Plus you have to carry the registration card (along with your CCW License) when carrying...

IIRC, it's $13 per gun...
    Looks like you get the first gun free if submitted with your application.

o If you checked “Yes” to Question 16, then you must also submit firearm registration Form PD-
    219 and accompanying documents. This is available at on our website or you may call the
    Firearms Registration Section for assistance. You may apply to register one handgun at the
    same time that you submit your Concealed Carry Pistol License application and you will not be
    charged the $13.00 firearm registration fee.

Form PD-219

https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/f...egistration Application(Rev0613)_fillable.pdf

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    How old is the training? I took it too but think it is expired.

Could be, but as a member of SAF. I am party to the suit
    I should be entitled to relief. I'll expect my permit gratis as I have paid for it a while ago.

My statement above includes training. I had it before. They lost. As far as I am concerned, they have to honor the training including the LAW portion as THEY LOST.

For the folks that have been to DC today, reporting that they only had to sign one sheet of paper, what did they tell you about training? (facebook reference)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    If you work or visit DC infrequently then it may not be a bargain. For someone like myself who is in DC very frequently then yes, it is a bargain, how much is my life worth?

And in the meantime working to do all I can to elect those who can effect change.

Yeah, sorry if that was a bit negative, I continue to compare this against free states, ie. no training needed no reason needed.... well you know what I mean. Sincerest thanks for all you are actually involved with.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I have several NRA classes plus a range qualification. Only thing is, they're 5-10 years old.

Do you think it's worth going for the exemption or will they say it's too old?

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    My statement above includes training. I had it before. They lost. As far as I am concerned, they have to honor the training including the LAW portion as THEY LOST.

For the folks that have been to DC today, reporting that they only had to sign one sheet of paper, what did they tell you about training? (facebook reference)

I called and asked if I had to do anything to re-apply since I was turned down for not having G&S in 2015. They said I had to sign and date a one page form that says none of the information on the original application has changed. They will mail it or you can go there and do it in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom