• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 8, 2011
    Greetings from Charles County!

Not native to Chuck County but I've been here 15 years so I guess they're stuck with me. I like to exercise my rights so I guess I'm an enemy of the state (the state of Maryland). Primary interests are rifle, including 223, 22 and 10m air along with trying to get my daughter into all three. I enjoy pistol shooting but have no talent for it. I've started reloading recently and working on some loads for the 223. I've got a decent amount of 9mm brass prepared but its not going anywhere until I can find some powder. I'm also working on a pumpkin chunkin trebuchet which is pretty conclusive proof that I'm not quite right.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 214

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Gear Store[/FONT][/FONT]

Mar 8, 2011
    Welcome from Frederick. It is great to get your kids involved. I am trying to get my little ones interested as well.

The way I got my daughter interested was with the pellet rifle in the backyard. I set up a few things that would make a sound or fall over when she hit them. She's been hooked ever since. She's in the 4H air rifle program now which I highly recommend.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum from a native SMIB.

How old is your daughter? I run the Jr rifle program at St Charles SC. The program is free and open to the public ( with a few limitations ).

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    I live real close to 301, just off of 227. Let me know when you get that trebuchet fired up. I would love to see it in action.

My wife and I go to Green Top about once a month, I can keep an eye out for powder for you, just give me a list.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    My co-worker has this displayed in his office, minus the translation.

Attachments

• *** catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas.jpg
      *** catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 112

kookymonstir

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Leonard Md
    Welcome to Md Shooters from St.Leonard. I'm into Punkin Chunkin too. (It's a really bad habit that I can't seem to break) I'm on team Hypertension. (unlimited catapult) If you are looking for a place to throw pumpkins, contact me. We have a place in St.Marys that we'll be using in the spring/summer.

Mar 8, 2011
    Welcome to the forum from a native SMIB.

How old is your daughter? I run the Jr rifle program at St Charles SC. The program is free and open to the public ( with a few limitations ).

She's 11. We'd definitely be interested in checking out the SCSC program. When do you meet?

Mar 8, 2011
    Welcome to Md Shooters from St.Leonard. I'm into Punkin Chunkin too. (It's a really bad habit that I can't seem to break) I'm on team Hypertension. (unlimited catapult) If you are looking for a place to throw pumpkins, contact me. We have a place in St.Marys that we'll be using in the spring/summer.

Very cool! We're not quite in the same league (at least not yet). I'm building it with my daughter and making it so kids can operate it so that limits how big of a machine we build. We got up to 276 feet on our first day of testing, hoping to get up to around 500 by next fall.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Greetings from Charles County!

Not native to Chuck County but I've been here 15 years so I guess they're stuck with me. I like to exercise my rights so I guess I'm an enemy of the state (the state of Maryland). Primary interests are rifle, including 223, 22 and 10m air along with trying to get my daughter into all three. I enjoy pistol shooting but have no talent for it. I've started reloading recently and working on some loads for the 223. I've got a decent amount of 9mm brass prepared but its not going anywhere until I can find some powder. I'm also working on a pumpkin chunkin trebuchet which is pretty conclusive proof that I'm not quite right.

Looking for powder ? Give Bob Mancer a call, The name of his company is Maryland ReloadeR. He lives in Pomfret not far from you. He is a great guy to do biz with. Dillon Dealer and stocks reloading supply's. Talk slow to old Bob because he has had more than his share of health issues the last 10 years. If he does not answer the phone leave a message and he will call you back. You can search here for his number and I am sure someone else will post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom