• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thai

May 8, 2013
    Don't forget to make a copy after it is notarized and send in with a return receipt. I forgot to do this for my application three weeks ago. Now I am hearing horror stories of lost applications. They requested a Resubmission from some people who apparently did not have a photo copy. I don't know how it was resolved. So all I can do is cross my fingers and hope my application was recieved and competently processed.

rewound

Apr 5, 2013
    Don't forget to make a copy after it is notarized and send in with a return receipt. I forgot to do this for my application three weeks ago. Now I am hearing horror stories of lost applications. They requested a Resubmission from some people who apparently did not have a photo copy. I don't know how it was resolved. So all I can do is cross my fingers and hope my application was recieved and competently processed.

I made the same mistake as well. I contacted TFC Thompson earlier tonight, hopefully I'm GTG...but I'm not anticipating it...

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land

I did mine at MSAR in Upper Marlboro and let them send it in I had no problems. Sent 4-16 got my letter yesterday 6-3

Ringmaster

Feb 9, 2013
    Howard County
    Well I heard back from Trooper Thompson today via email regarding my wife's application that was mailed on 3/16. That's 12 weeks ago! She told me it was approved and that the letter will be sent shortly. How ironic. You can't tell me that apps. are not held up if you have never purchased a regulated firearm.

Feb 28, 2013
    Perhaps. But part of the reason I'm so bent out of shape about this is that I HAVE purchased a regulated gun just this year.

pakman916

Apr 23, 2011
    MoCo, MD
    Although I assume Tfc Thompson is very nice, do you all think it's a good idea for us to keep bombarding her with emails requesting the status of our apps? Maybe it's slowing them down? Just a thought.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I have purchased before as well. My prob is I did not send certified or make a copy. I was in such a hurry to get it in the mail I didn't.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    When I talked to here last week, she had no record of mine. It was mailed 4/15. I emailed her a copy yesterday and got a response that my letter was being prepared, approved.

I sent it in the same day. I am giving it until she is though processing 26th. I can't remember if I made a copy of my application:sad20:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My wife called about hers on 5-31. They told her it was mailed on the 24th. It arrived the same day that she called. The post mark was dated 5-30. I think they concider it mailed when they send it to the mail room. The mail room people must belong to the same union as the fax operators.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Although I assume Tfc Thompson is very nice, do you all think it's a good idea for us to keep bombarding her with emails requesting the status of our apps? Maybe it's slowing them down? Just a thought.

Do we know it's just her doing the processing?

mitchugh

Feb 3, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Here is some info:
    I just talked to Trooper Thompson.
    I have had a Federal C&R liscence (Curio and Relic) that I got in March.
    I have only C&R and Non regulated firearms to date. No regulated firearms.
    I then sent in the Designated Collector app w/ a copy of my C&R in middle of March.
    Since I have no regulated firearms on record, my app is sent to review and they have not gotten to it at this point. They have a tremendous backlog just like the other group does.

So getting a DC w/o already having at least one ND will take you 3+ months.

Well good to know, I'm in that boat. No previous regulated purchase and I sent mine in 3/1.

Feb 28, 2013
    Is there a way to find out SOMETHING at least? Like whether you've been denied, or "sent to review" or whatever?

scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    Someone should post the number for trooper Thompson I don't have it here but it may be somewhere in these posts. I feel like there is less of a chance she blows you off if you speak to her personally. I have heard stories of people calling and magically your "lost" paperwork is found and approved after "60 days".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom