• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Good news!! Got this from Trooper Thompson.

I found it!! You're approved and a letter will be mailed out to you shortly.

Looks like they found my first app. :D

I want to apologize now to anyone from the MSP, or any LEOs here who read what I said in post #1024. Looks like you guys came through. :thumbsup::party29:

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    They are working on April 25th today

Great news for me. I mailed mine 25 April, so giving them the benefit of the doubt it wasn't received until the following Monday I can hope for review sometime next week. Thanks for the update.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    Hey how do you mail them? I have mine notarized but not sure how to send it.. just stick it in an envelope and stamp it? Do I have to take it to the post office and tell them to send it specisl first class?

Sorry I know I probably sound stupid, but I dont really mail stuff often.. it says first class on the website. Is that ditferent than mailing normal letters..

Ps. Dont blame me. Blame pg county

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Good news!! Got this from Trooper Thompson.

I found it!! You're approved and a letter will be mailed out to you shortly.

Looks like they found my first app. :D

I want to apologize now to anyone from the MSP, or any LEOs here who read what I said in post #1024. Looks like you guys came through. :thumbsup::party29:

Congrats:party29:

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Hey how do you mail them? I have mine notarized but not sure how to send it.. just stick it in an envelope and stamp it? Do I have to take it to the post office and tell them to send it specisl first class?

Sorry I know I probably sound stupid, but I dont really mail stuff often.. it says first class on the website. Is that ditferent than mailing normal letters..

Ps. Dont blame me. Blame pg county

U.S. Post Office with a stamp. I did NOT send mine certified, return receipt requested, but I probably would now that I've heard the horror stories of apps being lost in the mail. The address is clearly marked on the application as I recall. The MSP licensing division web site has the address as well.

rewound

Apr 5, 2013
    U.S. Post Office with a stamp. I did NOT send mine certified, return receipt requested, but I probably would now that I've heard the horror stories of apps being lost in the mail. The address is clearly marked on the application as I recall. The MSP licensing division web site has the address as well.

I believe that I am one of those horror stories. Mailed mine mid April (by Apr 22) and didnt do delivery confirmation. I also stupidly forgot to make a copy of it.

As of June 5:

It is not feasible for me to check if I have received an application. Please allow 6 weeks for processing and then IF you have not heard anything feel free to check on your status.
    It seems that I have not come across your application, yet.
    I am current up to April 25th (received on my desk date) with processing.
    Thank you

Knowing what date it was mailed in is important for locating your application.

Needless to say, I will be completing a new application ASAP, making a copy and getting delivery confirmation...

swerv88

Apr 16, 2013
    Not as long a wait but it is taking longer and longer. mailed mine 4/22 and will hopefully have it in the next few days

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    When you send via Certified mail, you have proof that can referenced..

see the email from the MSP...and be respectful.

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:35:27 -0400
    Subject: Re: Collector's
    To:XXXXXXXXX

Approved. A letter will be mailed out to you shortly.

-----------------------------------------------
    On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:36 AM, XXXXXXX wrote:

Hi Lauretta:

My name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My address is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

My telephone number is XXXXXXXXXXXX

My SS# is XXX-XX-XXXX

I submitted my Designated Collector's paperwork to the MSP on April 19, 2013 via the USPS.

The USPS certified receipt shows the following:

You entered: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Your Item's Status

Your item was delivered at 11:22 am on April 20, 2013 in PIKESVILLE, MD 21282.

This means its been 7 weeks since its receipt. I would like to know the current status of my paperwork, and when I can expect an answer.

Please email me your reply

Thank You
    Sincerely

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Hey guys, I think this response might help shed a little light on the DC apps & why there are seemingly random returns. It looks like there may be a similar Civilian/Trooper review for the DC apps. So those who don't need further review probably are returned quickly. Also, she may not be the only trooper looking at DC applications. So this may explain why there are the outliers that take much longer. Just a theory....

Please note I received this on 5/28. Disregard the dates.

OK, Yes... if ANYTHING comes up during the initial review by a civilian, the application comes to us Troopers for review. While the application is in that state it is "PR" (pending review).
    Today I am current up to DC applications received (to me) by April 19th.
    Civilians working March 20th (purchase apps)
    Troopers working March 6th/7th (purchase apps)
    Thank you

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM, ############ wrote:
    My questions was based on the recording on the MSP phone system, and facebook account posting etc., My understanding is that the processing of regulated firearm purchases are being processed in a two step process with an initial review (I am assuming by a civilian worker) and secondary review step which requires a sworn officer which I referred to as “Further Review”. My apologies for any confusion.

Thank you for your time and your service.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    When you send via Certified mail, you have proof that can referenced..

see the email from the MSP...and be respectful.

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:35:27 -0400
    Subject: Re: Collector's
    To:XXXXXXXXX

Approved. A letter will be mailed out to you shortly.

-----------------------------------------------
    On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:36 AM, XXXXXXX wrote:

Hi Lauretta:

My name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My address is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

My telephone number is XXXXXXXXXXXX

My SS# is XXX-XX-XXXX

I submitted my Designated Collector's paperwork to the MSP on April 19, 2013 via the USPS.

The USPS certified receipt shows the following:

You entered: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Your Item's Status

Your item was delivered at 11:22 am on April 20, 2013 in PIKESVILLE, MD 21282.

This means its been 7 weeks since its receipt. I would like to know the current status of my paperwork, and when I can expect an answer.

Please email me your reply

Thank You
    Sincerely

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Call her Trooper Thompson instead of Lauretta.. She earned it.

mdcktt21

Jan 25, 2013
    Central MD
    Call her Trooper Thompson instead of Lauretta.. She earned it.

This is good advice. I got a very satisfactory response in about 4 hours. Email went like this:

Trooper Thompson,

I am writing to determine the status of my MD Designated Collectors application. Could you kindly provide me with a status update? It was mailed to MSP on 4/19.

Mdcktt21
    Last 4 of SSN XXXX

I appreciate your time,
    Mike

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads