• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    My first was a Windham. Great rifle, but not everything is milspec on it. My next will probably be a Colt, or possibly a LWRC.

I believe that Windham used to be Bushmaster and then re-branded to Windham after they sold Bushmaster, Same machines, same people. Story goes he paid his people for a year before he re-opened. How cool.

Last edited:

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    I have two Colts. They will cost you are bit more if you are buying new however, my AR15 and AR10 are both excellent.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I have two Colts. They will cost you are bit more if you are buying new however, my AR15 and AR10 are both excellent.

With all the Colt endorsements today, I just bought the LE6920HBPW $999 +$25 shipping.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Colt. Ever wonder why the AR15 HBAR is exempted? Ever wonder why you have to check so many different specs to find out what will fit specific models? Not all Colts are mil spec. Different size trigger pins, different upper retainer pin/opposing screws, blocks inside certain lowers? The list goes on but, the OP made his purchase so the points are mute. OP, enjoy your new rifle!

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Colt. Ever wonder why the AR15 HBAR is exempted? Ever wonder why you have to check so many different specs to find out what will fit specific models? Not all Colts are mil spec. Different size trigger pins, different upper retainer pin/opposing screws, blocks inside certain lowers? The list goes on but, the OP made his purchase so the points are mute. OP, enjoy your new rifle!

ugh... oh well....I can always sell it in a year or two for what I paid for it or more, seems like they are not many around for sale. Does colt even make them anymore?

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The same thing I buy now every time I have an extra thousand, Colt (although I snuck in an FN at the top because....why not?):

P1170648_zps5k92qfwk.jpg

COMBLOC - you need to get with the program and pick up an AR pistol ;)

sergeysakharov47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2019

Sirex