• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I own a business and make weekly bank deposits. Based on what's been posted this would be constitute G&S. Would it be worth it for me to apply?

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    We're supposed to hear back from the 4th circuit court of appeals sometime in this quarter. They're not beholden to that, but the last semi-official remark I heard made on the subject indicated March... which makes it a year since the original verdict...

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    A friend of mine was a paralegal that aided on the case, so I don't have anything official to cite. That said, the Wiki article jibes with it, in that it says "An appellate panel ruling on the Woollard case is likely to come at some point in early 2013." Of course, take Wiki articles with a grain of salt.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    We're supposed to hear back from the 4th circuit court of appeals sometime in this quarter. They're not beholden to that, but the last semi-official remark I heard made on the subject indicated March... which makes it a year since the original verdict...

I haven't been following along 100% but weren't they supposed to decide back at the end of October 2012?

Leongto

Feb 6, 2013
    I'm holding off until we hear a ruling on it. It's taking forever though. I filled everything on the application besides dates etc so I can submit it right away if we get the ruling we need.

RugerMan

Professional Photographer
    Feb 18, 2013
    Gaithersburg MD
    Don't you NEED a good reason to carry a gun to be approved? like you transport money or make bank deposits or something?
    I don't think under "reason" you can put "Cuz I want one"

Mr H

Banana'd
    Don't you NEED a good reason to carry a gun to be approved? like you transport money or make bank deposits or something?
    I don't think under "reason" you can put "Cuz I want one"

You'll want to keep reading and all will be revealed...

:D

In short, though, under current processes, yes. "Good and Substantial" is still being followed, until the outcome of the Woollard case is finalized.

Bushwood

Farm Raised
    Jan 27, 2013
    The Dena
    I have a question, I am a key holder of a five star restaurant and am responsible for deliveries, and allowing people inside, and for several hours I'm the only person there. Would that be a substantial reason? Never know what's in the back alleys of baltimore when I open the back door.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I have a question, I am a key holder of a five star restaurant and am responsible for deliveries, and allowing people inside, and for several hours I'm the only person there. Would that be a substantial reason? Never know what's in the back alleys of baltimore when I open the back door.

You can carry when at work without the permit if you have the permission of the business owner. Any owner and the owners employees can carry when on the business property without a permit, just as a home owner can carry when at home without a permit.

When you go to your local gun shop and see all of the employees behind the counter carrying, most do not have carry permits and can only carry like they do when they are at work.

When they are coming to or from work they have to take the gun off and unload. Place it back into it's secured case or holster just like everyone else does.

In these gun shops the owner, or maybe one or two trusted employees that may make deposits will have a permit. But not every employee that you see carrying.

Bushwood

Farm Raised
    Jan 27, 2013
    The Dena
    You can carry when at work without the permit if you have the permission of the business owner. Any owner and the owners employees can carry when on the business property without a permit, just as a home owner can carry when at home without a permit.

When you go to your local gun shop and see all of the employees behind the counter carrying, most do not have carry permits and can only carry like they do when they are at work.

When they are coming to or from work they have to take the gun off and unload. Place it back into it's secured case or holster just like everyone else does.

In these gun shops the owner, or maybe one or two trusted employees that may make deposits will have a permit. But not every employee that you see carrying.

Thanks!:thumbsup: Now to run it by the boss!:D

Bushwood

Farm Raised
    Jan 27, 2013
    The Dena
    He doesn't carry, infact I think he is kind of new to shooting.

He is definitely pro gun, and he isn't in the place as much as I am.

I'm in the place early, and for about 8 hours before anyone shows up. and as I mentioned, plenty of knocking at the back alley door. Delivery drivers change often so I can't rely on only opening the door for those I clearly reccognize.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    He doesn't carry, infact I think he is kind of new to shooting.

He is definitely pro gun, and he isn't in the place as much as I am.

I'm in the place early, and for about 8 hours before anyone shows up. and as I mentioned, plenty of knocking at the back alley door. Delivery drivers change often so I can't rely on only opening the door for those I clearly reccognize.

It's all going to come down to how responible the owners, (Him and his wife) feel you are. Rememebr when working for them everything you do they are responible for. So if you have good judgment, and the owners feel that you have good judgment and you would only use the gun when you should you are OK and they are OK.

If it turns out that they think your a great worker but they don't want to assume you would have good judgment with the gun, they may not want to take that chance with you.

Remember, that business is their livelyhood not yours. You can find another job if anything were to happen with you and the gun where a law suite would put them out of business as a result from what happen.

Happa Haole

Happa Haole
    Nov 23, 2012
    I was reviewing the handgun application the section where it asks for justification for the permit. o Obviously I'd want it for personal protection but I have no specific threats against me. There have been four fatal shootings within a mile of my house in the month of February alone. Giving Creedence to the notion that the area I live in is inherently dangerous. Can anyone tell me if this would be considered justification under the current process?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom