• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    You will be fine and get your ccw. Did marylandfingerprinting.com notorize your filled out app, or did they do that thing where they print out a new application with their notary seal printed on the application where you then had to fill it out all over again?

The new application from MSP (Dec 2012 version) no longer requires it to be notarized, and is a fillable online PDF (or if you have Adobe Pro you can save your entries). I actually went home afterwards (after marylandfingerprinting.com) and made changes to my application and then reprinted it before mailing,

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    So should I even put personal protection as a reason on the app or just that I need it for making bank deposits from my co. ?

Do not say bank deposits. Say that you carry business related currency. Saying bank deposits is telling them that you only want to CCW for when you make bank deposits and no other time. It may not matter and when they give it to you your restrictions may say when carrying business related currency as owner of same. But who knows? So tell the you carry business related currency.

Or you could put down for your reason; "Self defense - Personal & Business"

And then go into detail about your business where ever you can in the new app's.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    Thanks Merlin, I unfortunately am just a small home improvement contractor and don't do a lot of cash transactions. The app says to show deposits so they will be able to see it is just checks. I don't believe I have a very good chance of getting one but who knows. I just want to put down the things that will give me the best chance of obtaining one and not waste my money.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Thanks Merlin, I unfortunately am just a small home improvement contractor and don't do a lot of cash transactions. The app says to show deposits so they will be able to see it is just checks. I don't believe I have a very good chance of getting one but who knows. I just want to put down the things that will give me the best chance of obtaining one and not waste my money.

Don't know how much it will help but I am sure that you have a lot of valuable tools with you every day.

NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County

Business related currency = checks, credit cards, debit cards & cash. The FBI recognizes credit cards the same as cash.

NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    Application submitted 3-15-2013 - Business owner that carry's business currency on a daily basis. Let's see what happens..............

Received a letter back from them already! Sent on 3-15, received on 3-16, returned to me on 3-19-2013. It also included my returned Application - it got returned for double sided printing - can you fvcking believe that!

I re-read all the documentation (on the Dec 2012 revision of the application) and no where does it say anything about double sided printing OR not....... fvckme.....

They stated on the letter to correct the double sided printing and send it back for processing. What a waste of time and money in postage for both them and me! I guess I should count myself lucky that they didn't cash my check and ask for another one for there time.

Last edited:

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Received a letter back from them already! It also included my Application - it got returned for double sided printing - can you fvcking believe that!

I re-read all the documentation (on the Dec 2012 revision of the application) and no where does it say anything about double sided printing OR not....... fvckme.....

Stated on the letter to correct the double sided printing ad send it back. What a waste of time and money in postage for both them and me!

When did you print the app? When I applied this time last year it was right in the directions not to print double sided.

NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    When did you print the app? When I applied this time last year it was right in the directions not to print double sided.

Printed the Application on 3-15-2013. Remember this is the new revised (12/2012) online fillable PDF application. It says nothing about double or single sided printing on it.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Printed the Application on 3-15-2013. Remember this is the new revised (12/2012) online fillable PDF application. It says nothing about double or single sided printing on it.

It could be as simple as a trooper made a mistake because at one time that was a rule. If it is no longer a rule I bet the trooper forgot.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    opinions wanted: I own a business where I transport a ton of checks. The nature of the business is all check related and it does not just include delivering checks to banks it can be anywhere in MD. Does anyone know if this would fall into the business currency? I am going to use this as my G&S (even though G&S is crap) but wanted advice from anyone else that may have used this option as currency

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    opinions wanted: I own a business where I transport a ton of checks. The nature of the business is all check related and it does not just include delivering checks to banks it can be anywhere in MD. Does anyone know if this would fall into the business currency? I am going to use this as my G&S (even though G&S is crap) but wanted advice from anyone else that may have used this option as currency

IMHO, my short answer is YES.

If your a business owner there is always a chance you may collect cash as well as checks. As the business owner you also carry cash on you for unforseen business related expenses that pop up during your day.

Mj45

Feb 4, 2013
    Has anyone ever had any success applying for a permit based on being a resigned former police officer? I feel that I would fall into this catagory as I have over 10 years experience in Law Enforcement in the military and 3 years as a special agent for the federal government. With the military I seperated under honorable conditions and had to resign from my special agent position due to the wife taking a job overseas that required the whole family to move. Below is taken from the new application:

4. Former Police Officer: If you have resigned or retired, you must show evidence of your tenure in law enforcement, such as a letter from your agency, and a letter from your agency indicating you left in good standing. Additional requirements may apply.

Is there anyone out there that had a similiar situation as mine and had success? What do you think my chances are if I apply under this catagory? Thanks

Nostromo

Jan 15, 2013
    PG County
    What if you work for a small company that specializes in and sells very valuable and sought after electronic gadgets... some that have made headlines when professional thieves would break in to their stores to steal them. What if you were a manager at this location, where there was also large amounts of cash on hand?

Now, as I understand the law, if I were the owner of this business, I could keep a gun, say in my desk drawer, legally. But if I have the permission of the owner to do the same, I'm good there.

Do you think this would qualify granting CCW?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    What if you work for a small company that specializes in and sells very valuable and sought after electronic gadgets... some that have made headlines when professional thieves would break in to their stores to steal them. What if you were a manager at this location, where there was also large amounts of cash on hand?

Now, as I understand the law, if I were the owner of this business, I could keep a gun, say in my desk drawer, legally. But if I have the permission of the owner to do the same, I'm good there.

Do you think this would qualify granting CCW?

You do not need a permit to carry a gun at the business location. You only need the owners permission. If your not carrying the business currency, and in your case also have the business owners permission, IMHO your wasting your time

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I would guess that most business owners may be hesitant to give their employees permission to carry when at work because the owners is responsible for everything the employee does when at work acting as a representative of said business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom