• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Couldn't stop myself from ordering 5, no brainer with free shipping.

I'm actually swimming in .22 ammo right now, need an intervention.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Thanks for the links. They really do help to reinforce my observation. While it does show cases are for sale it sadly does not offer the plinker grade value I'm looking for in bulk. It's .045-.050/rd Fed Champion or WWB I'm looking for. The best case deals listed on AmmoSeek are .07/rd and that's before shipping costs albeit, they are higher quality rounds.

Since I work from home and the nearest retailers are a bit of a trek it can be difficult to keep stock. If they start loosening up the minimums (which looks to be happening slowly but surely) I'll be satisfied with the <.05/rd boxes from Walmart and Dick's.

A bulk purchase will probably cost more than being able to pick up a few boxes.

Sportsman's Guide just emailed me on some Armscor 22LR 5k round case being available (went on the waitlist in 2013). At a little over $0.10 per round plus shipping I laughed.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Just got basspro flyer. They will have federal automatch for $15.99 a box on black friday. About $.05 a round!

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    The local cabelas was absolutely flush with all types of 22. No limits either. Picked up a brick of Aguila subsonic for suppressor use. My first time trying it and it's pretty decent. :thumbsup:

Are you talking about the SSS with the 60gr bullets? It's quiet but dirty, it's like it has sand particles in the powder or something. It jammed up my 22/45. I had to clean the bolt and chamber before it would function again. On a bolt action it's pretty good, in semi auto's it's good till the receiver and bolt get dirty.
    It's also not super accurate since it's 60gr. My 1:18" twist rate doesn't seem to stabilize them well. I'd like to get a 1:7" and see if that's better but then I'm building a rifle just for the SSS 60grainers and I'd rather not invest money in that project.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Couldn't stop myself from ordering 5, no brainer with free shipping.

I'm actually swimming in .22 ammo right now, need an intervention.

I am actually doing better. I've been buying too much for awhile, but I've been able to keep myself under control. Unless there is some kind of crazy sale I think I'll be okay. I've got about 5.5k rounds mixed, but mostly automatch, minimags and Aguila SE LRN and rifle target. Really right now I am only interested in picking up minimags when I can find a really good sale. I've only got about 550rnds and it is the most accurate ammo out of my 10/22 and runs the best in it.

I am trying to burn through most of my other stuff to get down to 2-3 types of plinking stuff, minimags, velocitors and a target ammo. A bit of specialty stuff (quiets, segmented, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom