• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Patrick , Thank you for the non-defeatist thread . This fight is not over and the " I'm done , I'm moving , It's over" crowds need to be reminded of such .

And everyone remember to keep a running tab of people we need to vote out next year :thumbsup:

And don't forget about all this lil spin off bills .

I wouldn't be ignoring my family if we couldn't score up some fixes. My wife was clear, "You can spend the time away from us, but only if you tell me you can kick some O'Malley ass."

Literally, that is what she said.

Splinter bills are not going anywhere.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    My wife was clear, "You can spend the time away from us, but only if you tell me you can kick some O'Malley ass."

Literally, that is what she said.

Much respect to your wife! That's awesome.

Keep in mind that the session ends on April 8th, come hell or high water.

Looking at the long game, what are the chances that O'Malley calls a special session if this doesn't make it through the regular channels before Sine Die? He certainly did it last year for "important" bills.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Thank you.

Does MD have an office similar to Congress' "CBO," to score the revised bill and figure out how much this abomination would really cost, to not just firearms owners, but to all Maryland taxpayers, as amended? I think O' originally wanted a $100 "licensing" fee, which was cut to $25, and even that would be subject to a court challenge.

Will O'Malley raise the gas tax yet again to pay for this, or maybe impose a new tax to keep Marylanders safe from law abiding citizens? (irony intended).

I've heard professional advisors all my adult life say that one shouldn't make major financial or life decisions right after a tragedy like the loss of a loved one. Yet, politicians (often the same professionals, wearing a different hat) capitalize on tragedy to get what they want while people are emotional and not thinking rationally. Hmm....

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Much respect to your wife! That's awesome.

Looking at the long game, what are the chances that O'Malley calls a special session if this doesn't make it through the regular channels before Sine Die? He certainly did it last year for "important" bills.

Calling a special session for something you can't be 100% certain of passing is a great embarrassment, he and they can't take that chance, they all know it would be better to lay low than risk proving themselves impotent.

Plus, a "special session" would draw "special" attention

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Don't forget:
    - Email, OK
    - Snail mail, GOOD
    - Phone calls, GREAT
    - Visits in person, THE BEST

Delegates/Senators are now ignoring people not in their electorate, and are not bothering to read anything that they disagree with (circular file). But phone calls and visits are hard to ignore and take up precious time.

Be sure you are registered to vote, go DINO and make it clear that you will be active in the next election and vote against them in the primary!

And thank you, Patrick and all the people at MSI who have kept the pressure up. I couldn't stay until late in the evening on either hearing date, never got to testify in person, but you guys have my utmost respect for all the hard time you are putting in.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Thank you.

Does MD have an office similar to Congress' "CBO," to score the revised bill and figure out how much this abomination would really cost, to not just firearms owners, but to all Maryland taxpayers, as amended?

If you go to the GA's website and find the specific bills, under the "Documents" tab is a financial estimate document in addition to the bill itself. This includes the PROPOSING PERSON's estimate on revenue increase / costs only, not an independent review of its possible outcomes.

I read the one on SB 281 a few weeks ago. It made it extremely clear by saying the number of expected registrations and re-registrations (and re-license) applications would decrease substantially within 10 years... Pretty much to the point that they would, as others have said, make it economically unfeasable to own a firearm.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Is there a way to find out how our senators voted on SB281?

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...b=subject3&id=SB0281,s-0376&stab=02&ys=2013rs

28 Yeas 19 Nays 0 Not Voting 0 Excused (Absent) 0 Absent

Voting Yea - 28

Mr. President Jones-Rodwell Peters

Benson Kasemeyer Pinsky

Brochin Kelley Pugh

Conway J King Ramirez

Currie Madaleno Raskin

Ferguson Manno Robey

Forehand McFadden Rosapepe

Frosh Montgomery Young

Garagiola Muse Zirkin

Gladden

Voting Nay - 19

Astle Glassman Middleton

Brinkley Jacobs Pipkin

Colburn Jennings Reilly

DeGrange Kittleman Shank

Dyson Klausmeier Simonaire

Edwards Mathias Stone

Getty

Not Voting - 0

Excused from Voting - 0

Excused (Absent) - 0

Last edited:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I just whipped up another letter to the Senators. I like Patrick's wife's battle cry, "You can spend the time away from us, but only if you tell me you can kick some O'Malley ass."

Thanks for the heads up Pat. Is this 100% confirmed that HB 294 is going to the wayside / trash and they're going to work through 281 instead? Would hate to see BOTH bills being forwarded in parallel.

Pat?

Pat?

It's Patrick, sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom