• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    grumble grumble......I've been good though. I've only checked the e store about 4 times since carbines started arriving....

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just got my DBU, I think. Nothing showing on cmp or cc tho. This is what was sent to me a hour ago.

We have received and verified your recent order. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is ******. Please use this customer # in any communications with us concerning the order as that is where all of your information is stored.

The shipping time will be determined by the amount of orders ahead of yours.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program.

Cathie Eden
    CMP Customer Service
    1401 Commerce Blvd.
    Anniston, AL 36207
    256-835-8455 ext.139

Congrats!

fireup

Oct 14, 2010
    Catonsville
    I had completely forgotten about it after checking twice a day and not having heard anything the first month. Nice little surprise for a Monday.

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    Guys..I'm starting to feel a little weird. I'm getting ready to sell 2..possibly 3 of my 2008 CMP Carbines. It just feels strange reading these thread posts and the angst about the lastest CMP Carbine release.

Rob

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Its because they wont tell anyone anything. Let me know if I didn't get one so maybe I can reallocate they money somewhere else. I hate not knowing.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    crickets

I'm guessing the real problem is the CMP doesn't know how many serviceable carbines are in inventory. They may have a few thousand in crates in the "back room" that range from service grade down to completely irreparable.

Obviously, they felt like they had 1,000 ready to go. And, in a pinch, could wrestle up another thousand out of the "back room" stores. When asked about "how many" carbines they actually have however, the CMP has only said "not enough".

Forever the optimist, I would like to believe the majority of day one orders will eventually be filled, although it could be months. I'm not worried a bit about the "Dear John" letters. The 2 described on the CMP forums seem to be for missing out on the "in store" sale and another for being postmarked after the "out of stock" was posted on the CMP website.

Last edited:

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Very happy with my service grade. Gauged 1 all around with a 1943 inland barrel on a WRA receiver. Couldn't have asked for more.

Now I need to find some mags....
    93f9937a99a17d92ca53d463bd4a2551.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    A Winchester, nice! This is why so many of us rolled the dice with CMP. Sure you could get an Inland from CMP like I did instead on Gunbroker for not much more... but then again you might get a Winnie or another mfg or combination that is very desirable when you roll the dice. If nothing else, you get something that is sure to not be shot out and likely be a shooter.

Contgrats tomandjerry00!

Very happy with my service grade. Gauged 1 all around with a 1943 inland barrel on a WRA receiver. Couldn't have asked for more.

Now I need to find some mags....
    93f9937a99a17d92ca53d463bd4a2551.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Email stating CMP custom shop reopening April 1st probably doesn't bode well for the remaining folks like myself hoping to have scored a carbine.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw that email. Bummer.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    Email stating CMP custom shop reopening April 1st probably doesn't bode well for the remaining folks like myself hoping to have scored a carbine.

The custom shop smiths weren't working in carbines, so I wouldn't read too much into it--it's more that they aren't running the AMCs for a while and there's a short break until the Games matches. The last break they had they were filming new gunsmithing videos.

That said, the DBUs slowed down and there didn't seem to be much movement on the DBUs they did sent out last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom