• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I understand what pp is trying to do. but the way you guys are going about it is just plain stupid. take the fight to court if you disagree. make your voice be heard on 2a day in session. you go to these rallies and get arrested im sorry it does give me a chuckle seeing stuff like that and it makes you just as idiotic as the leftists. I have never been a fan of protesting and think its the most pointless thing in the world. the other thing I need to tell you is that not every democrat is an anti. so stop stereotyping democrats as being antigun. I didn't vote for trump because I think hes a total idiot and needs to be impeached and frankly dont understand why people are still supporting him with his cronies getting locked up one by one. but I am a firm supporter of the 2nd amendment. not all of us agree with you but we share the same common denominator. we all support the 2nd amendment.

So much name calling , MLK did peaceful protest and lots of things can change from a peaceful manner in which we conduct ourselves .

I won't call you names but i merely disagree with you .

Take a look at your post, please

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Lobbying and testifying, and Hearing attendence are great ! Keep up your efforts . Next time you're they , say hi to the bald fat guy in the ill fitting suit .

True , there are Democrat politicians who actually support 2A , and not the usual campaign duck hunting quips, and I know/ knew them . Both of them . Since Kevin Kelly didn't get re-elected , that's all one of them .

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Having walked the bricks in Annapolis way before the PP effort, I've developed a philosophy of a sort.

All kinds of representation is needed and should be displayed. Think about the civil rights movement of the 60's. There were peaceful protests, in-your-face protests and even militant protests. All these lead to the changes they were after. Did Dr. King's efforts set back the efforts? Did Malcome X's? Did the Black Panthers?

These various methods end up working in parallel to achieve the goals. They either resonated or they didn't for you, just like they resonate or don't with those you are trying to change.

Find a group that works for your comfort level. If there isn't one, start a group. The human animal is full of opinions and preconceptions, but those do not make you right or wrong, nor should you always agree with others.

Just know that doing NOTHING is how evil wins. Support those you like and don't support those you don't. Don't bicker and call each other names, but have adult conversations and agree to disagree. Instead of fighting amongst ourselves, put those efforts into the projects you do support.

Another thought: Also realize the government "sausage factory" is not a pretty sight to behold. Democracy is based in compromise and when it is working right, neither side really gets all they want. Some times the enemy of my enemy is my friend... just until the next election, and when your man does not win, that's when you need to be sharpest hoarse trader in the ring. It will leave a bad taste in your mouth, but you just need to survive for the next round.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Having walked the bricks in Annapolis way before the PP effort, I've developed a philosophy of a sort.

All kinds of representation is needed and should be displayed. Think about the civil rights movement of the 60's. There were peaceful protests, in-your-face protests and even militant protests. All these lead to the changes they were after. Did Dr. King's efforts set back the efforts? Did Malcome X's? Did the Black Panthers?

These various methods end up working in parallel to achieve the goals. They either resonated or they didn't for you, just like they resonate or don't with those you are trying to change.

Find a group that works for your comfort level. If there isn't one, start a group. The human animal is full of opinions and preconceptions, but those do not make you right or wrong, nor should you always agree with others.

Just know that doing NOTHING is how evil wins. Support those you like and don't support those you don't. Don't bicker and call each other names, but have adult conversations and agree to disagree. Instead of fighting amongst ourselves, put those efforts into the projects you do support.

Another thought: Also realize the government "sausage factory" is not a pretty sight to behold. Democracy is based in compromise and when it is working right, neither side really gets all they want. Some times the enemy of my enemy is my friend... just until the next election, and when your man does not win, that's when you need to be sharpest hoarse trader in the ring. It will leave a bad taste in your mouth, but you just need to survive for the next round.

Excellent post from a man who has walked the walk before there was a path to follow.

Agree on every point.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    I understand what pp is trying to do. but the way you guys are going about it is just plain stupid. take the fight to court if you disagree. make your voice be heard on 2a day in session. you go to these rallies and get arrested im sorry it does give me a chuckle seeing stuff like that and it makes you just as idiotic as the leftists. I have never been a fan of protesting and think its the most pointless thing in the world. the other thing I need to tell you is that not every democrat is an anti. so stop stereotyping democrats as being antigun. I didn't vote for trump because I think hes a total idiot and needs to be impeached and frankly dont understand why people are still supporting him with his cronies getting locked up one by one. but I am a firm supporter of the 2nd amendment. not all of us agree with you but we share the same common denominator. we all support the 2nd amendment.

I will not disparage you for your method, or non-method, of letting your voice be heard by our overlords in Annapolis.

Why do you not afford me and the my fellow Picketers the same respect?

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    I appreciate what the PP does, and they should protest anyway they see fit, since they are the ones with skin in the game. I enjoy the fact that they are publicly shaming oath-breakers like Frosh.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    When I joined this forum, not to long ago, I got blasted by certain individuals. It wasn’t nice, and I didn’t like it. But I have had worse and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I served 22 years defending that right, to include the rest of constitution and what this nation I believe stands for.

I understand that Patriot Picket (PP) was set up from the start to be somewhat confrontational with their messaging to put the Democrats on defense. To show that there is an opposition, to share in the media coverage, in short to take a page out of their play book and use it against them. Some of the signs maybe a little too aggressive for your tastes, for others maybe not, and yet others they are not tough enough. As I suspect not everyone agrees with everyone all the time.

During the recent NRA event, in front of the NRA Headquarters my son and I attended one of these events. It was our first event, of this type. My son was hesitant to go and so was I. Because he would like to be in law enforcement one day and my job could be at stake if things escalated out of hand and law enforcement made arrests. I told my son, at the first hint of trouble we would leave and we just needed to stay near each other.

We brought sandwiches, donuts and Gatorade; because that was what was asked for. We meet many individuals from PP and they all seemed to be really nice individuals. We weren’t in patriot picket shirts we don't own any, we were in our regular cloths. My son and I did engaged the other side in civil discussion and I think a few of the teenagers left with at least a better understanding. Did we convince them to change their minds, not all them. But we did do one thing and that was to create doubt, to question what they were told. That is a start.

One contributor in this thread is urging them stop playing to the other sides’ narrative. That PP is seen as group of old, fat, angry white men, clinging to their guns and religion. But states there is no clear solution for this problem. I beg to differ, there is…attend. You don’t have to buy and wear a PP shirt (Don’t get me wrong Jeff). Make your own sign and come out to these events. It is a free country, if you don’t speak your mind then those making the decision are going to assume you don’t mind.

During this NRA event, there quite a few reporters. Some of them were real news reporters, others were social news reporters (bloggers if you will). I remember there was a lady (some of you may know whom I’m talking about) informing me about the size of my male genital was, because I support firearms. This was being recorded by one of those reporters and that recording abruptly stopped. Why? It wasn’t because she was being crass. It was because my son, who is half Asian turned to her and stated “Seems like you need to check your white privileged”. It didn’t fit their narrative. So is it important to attend when you can? Yes, yes it is.

My only wish would be that there could be more advance notice of the events and they didn’t occur during the workweek. It is hard to get off work as it is, but I have no doubt that many of these events pop up with little notice. To beat these anti-gunners we have to use every legal tool we have in the inventory to include constantly writing opposition letters, attending these events, joining pro-gun groups like the NRA, writing bills and getting into the legislative system. My apologies for the wall of text.

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I went back and looked at all your threads, and most of your posts, and you are nothing more than a petulant child.

You add almost nothing positive to MDS, and your continous bad-mouthing, and belittling smack of a rabble-rousing troll.

I asked you on several occasions to post an introduction, and you politely told me to f%ck off, or words to that affect, and you received a small vacation for that.

We are very welcoming, and very forgiving, but what is your purpose here, other than to shitpost, and stir up trouble.

I will gladly take a week or two ban, to say your are first class horses ass, and a carbuncle on the buttocks of MDS.

In the words of Billy Batts:

th

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I went back and looked at all your threads, and most of your posts, and you are nothing more than a petulant child.

You add almost nothing positive to MDS, and your continous bad-mouthing, and belittling smack of a rabble-rousing troll.

I asked you on several occasions to post an introduction, and you politely told me to f%ck off, or words to that affect, and you received a small vacation for that.

We are very welcoming, and very forgiving, but what is your purpose here, other than to shitpost, and stir up trouble.

I will gladly take a week or two ban, to say your are first class horses ass, and a carbuncle on the buttocks of MDS.

th

:lol:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

th

I second this post :thumbsup: I will also take a hit with E-Man , E-Man we can take a vacation together . maybe Detriot :innocent0

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia

PLEASE Before you read the rest of my blathering. Please tell me what you believe the charges against Trump would be that would warrant his impeachment? I see lots of grumbling on CNN & MSNBC but haven't heard them mention an actual law that Trump may have broken.

With all due respect, we have been fighting laws passed by Democrat legislators and signed into law by Democrat Governors for many years. We've been fighting them in court and winning some important cases. I've been to several 2a days in Virginia. It's pretty obvious that the Democrats we talk to say they want our children to be "safe and unafraid" at schools protected by signs. The Republicans strongly tend to be on the opposite side. It's clear that the Dems are waiting on pins and needles for another big tragedy so they can enact some legislation to make us all safer. They give themselves away by consistently pushing back on any practical solution that delays such an event. And they show up with a ready made piece of legislation hours after an event. Do you think they were really that quick?

If that's difficult to swallow, how many elected Democrats would support a gun neutral firearm safety instruction from Eddie the Eagle at a school vs. how many would pick up a bull horn and stand in front of the doors to the school to prevent UPS from delivering the DVDs donated by the Bloodthirsty NRA? Now if they got arrested, I don't think any of their supporters would be calling them "stupid" or their protest "pointless". Or recommending that they wait to fight it out in court.

Now I keep hearing about the existence of pro-gun democrats. I'm not saying that they don't exist but I've yet to meet one that prioritized gun rights over over petty much any other alternative. Or maybe they view it as a necessary evil that must be tolerated out of a deep and abiding respect for the COTUS?

I do believe that everyone has a right to set their own priorities. Maybe they really do support gun rights but they just support a lot of other things even more? Heck lots of Republicans have other priorities as well.

Although he wasn't my first choice. I voted for Trump. I know many Republicans that did the same and many who didn't. That doesn't necessarily make them Democrats. Are you saying that you voted for Hillary? Aside from her not being Trump, which part of her platform made you feel that she would respect the right of the people to keep & bear arms? How would impeaching Trump brighten the future of a robust 2nd Amendment?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Trolls never modify their beliefs when faced by reason.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Trolls never modify their beliefs when faced by reason.

I'm extremely glad "sports89mn7" is not on the side I am standing on....

.... i will not comply. this crap has got to stop. we need to call on the militias to organize a protest and we need to tell the legislature that we will not tolerate this. .... are any of the Maryland 3%er militias aware of this? if not they need to organize NOW. this is getting out of hand quick.

.... I don't see the point of protesting. its stupid and pointless. I have better things to do with my time. so while your standing out there looking stupid im sitting at home laughing at everyone or going to the shooting range. that's how it is.

hey buddy go **** yourself. i can say whatever i want. i don't need to have an "introduction" **** you.

See you next week.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    As a person said not too long ago, "We have no God-given right to victory". It is through discipline we will win. Discipline is a competitive-edge we must seek and maintain each day if we are to keep America safe from its enemies. As General Washington learned first-hand, discipline will make us stronger and more lethal. As he took a bag of ill-discipline, tough and rough men and turn them into a fighting force that beat the greatest military power in the world at that time. Therefore, let nothing prevent us from becoming more discipline. More discipline in how we treat each other. Disciplined in our support of each other to defend our rights. Disciplined to listen to each other in a civil manner. If we cannot do these small things we cannot hope to do the bigger things. Many on the left understand this concept.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom