• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Can new pistols be sold in Maryland? Since MD requires a spent shell casing with a new pistol, is it really new or is it used if it has been fired? Just wanted to stir the pot....

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Can new pistols be sold in Maryland? Since MD requires a spent shell casing with a new pistol, is it really new or is it used if it has been fired? Just wanted to stir the pot....

Since many gun makers test fire their guns before shipping, your pot stirring is nullified. I can't remember if it is Brown or Wilson that say they fire at minimum 100 rounds out of each handgun before it is shipped.

It is generally accepted that in order for a gun to be "used", a 4473 would have had to be filled out and completed for that gun.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Don't forget we've set up an approved lock exchange so you don't ever have to buy a lock if the shop won't give you one.

See the links in my signature.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have Omega and Borelock brands. They both suck as do the dealers who won't let you bring your own.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    List of approved locks

As near as I can tell, the attachment is the current list of approved "integrated" locks. A lock from this list must be conveyed by a dealer on any transfer of a handgun made in 2003 or later. The law does not limit the sources from which a dealer may obtain the lock conveyed for any given transfer.

Attachments

• Approved Integrated Mechanical Safety Devices.pdf
      12.8 KB · Views: 375

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Not sure, but you can always ask to borrow one: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=71938

:thumbsup::thumbsup: thank you. prefer to borrow for a couple days. I don't use nor like any bore lock device as could harm the barrel and crown. Why can't trigger locks be used?
    This is law that needs changed along with HQL . doesn't Heller decision against any locking device?

Heller: Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional. Because Heller conceded at oral argument that the D. C. licensing law is permissible if it is not enforced arbitrarily and capriciously

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Maryland police supply is forcing me to buy one of their locks. Meanwhile, the Cop Shop says active LEOs are exempt. Wtf?

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: thank you. prefer to borrow for a couple days. I don't use nor like any bore lock device as could harm the barrel and crown. Why can't trigger locks be used?
    This is law that needs changed along with HQL . doesn't Heller decision against any locking device?

You're trying to apply logic and reason to anti-civil-rights laws. It is not about safety. The purpose of the bore lock law is to add just one more barrier to legally purchasing a firearm. Trigger locks are easy to use and widely available, thus they don't get in the way as much. So they can't be used.

Heller doesn't apply because the bore-lock law doesn't require them to be in place when the gun is stored. Heller only negates laws that the gun be stored with a lock in place.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    You're trying to apply logic and reason to anti-civil-rights laws. It is not about safety. The purpose of the bore lock law is to add just one more barrier to legally purchasing a firearm. Trigger locks are easy to use and widely available, thus they don't get in the way as much. So they can't be used.

Heller doesn't apply because the bore-lock law doesn't require them to be in place when the gun is stored. Heller only negates laws that the gun be stored with a lock in place.

Logical, isn't it. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom