• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    If police officers won't speak out against legislation before it is law, what makes anyone here think they'll refuse to enforce it when it is?

Dan-o

fly in the wall
    Dec 6, 2009
    Hagerstown
    Ladies abd Gents, we are beyond politics with this. This is about honoring an oath that so many of us took. It is about our law enforcement officer telling the politicians that they work for the people not the state house. If you are unwilling to allow the guardians to support those whom theu guard then you are for them becoming the right hand of thr oppressors. Thats is something that no free people should countenance.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    The anti 2A group does it all the time, in uniform. Did you see the crowd behind DiFi at her news conference the other day?

It certainly is a shame. Thing is they were on the clock and told to be dressed up ready to be a wallflower. Do t care what you feel. Not paid for your feelings. Paid to take this lawful order,be here at this time in this uniform.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Has anyone been able to garner the support of local, county, or state law enforcement? I have written letters to county sheriffs that may be on our side but so far have not gotten any responses. I know that 127 local sheriffs, nationwide, have vowed not to enforce any gun control laws on the national level, but what about here in Maryland?

I had a great conversation with the Frederick Co. Sherif today, but this didn't come up.

What we do know, is that he is strongly "pro gun", and is mostly disgusted at the other Sheriffs in thew state, as he considers them largely more interested in their own tenure and retirement.

This might sound strange, but honestly I dont WANT law enforcement officers picking which laws they want to enforce. Ignoring something thats not blatant (the same as they would a burned out taillight) is one thing, but flat out refusing to enforce laws that are legally sound and have gone through our established system (though stupid and potentially constitutionally unjust) scares me. THAT is something we see in third world, police-controlled societies. I want the laws changed, not selectively enforced. If they want to threaten to quit or complain with the backing of their badge, great.
    Nuremberg Prosecutor: "Why did you kill all those people?"
    Gestapo Man: "I was following orders."
    Nuremberg Prosecutor: "Why were these orders given?"
    Gestapo Man: "It was the law."

chromedragon70

Dec 29, 2012
    Eldersburg/Sykesville
    Spoke to a MSP sergeant the other day. He seemed much more worried about the .410 Taurus Judge than an "assault weapon". Says it is too easy for folks to hide and then hit responding officers in the face and eyes with pellets.

His worry would be that gun manufacturers, in response to an AWB, would then try to make guns more lethal within the confines of the ban and come up with more and deadlier close range weapons.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Spoke to a MSP sergeant the other day. He seemed much more worried about the .410 Taurus Judge than an "assault weapon". Says it is too easy for folks to hide and then hit responding officers in the face and eyes with pellets.

His worry would be that gun manufacturers, in response to an AWB, would then try to make guns more lethal within the confines of the ban and come up with more and deadlier close range weapons.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If police officers won't speak out against legislation before it is law, what makes anyone here think they'll refuse to enforce it when it is?

So, an LEO (of any position) who had built their family and life around is supposed to speak out against something that is not a law yet and roll the dice if they will have a career the next day?
    people are very valiant and cavalier with someone elses life.
    Why don't people wait and see what will be law first before commenting about when others should speak out?

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

ricanmd

Dec 23, 2012
    Westminster MD
    So, an LEO (of any position) who had built their family and life around is supposed to speak out against something that is not a law yet and roll the dice if they will have a career the next day?
    people are very valiant and cavalier with someone elses life.
    Why don't people wait and see what will be law first before commenting about when others should speak out?

So if they are fearful for their Gov't job if they speak out about the constitutionality of a proposed law, then what makes you think they won't have the same fear after it is passed. Would they not have the same recourse in securing their job before and after.

They don't seem to have any fear of speaking out about issues before and after when it comes to their job benefits and union negotiating rights. No problem exercising their first amendment rights when it comes to their job.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So if they are fearful for their Gov't job if they speak out about the constitutionality of a proposed law, then what makes you think they won't have the same fear after it is passed. Would they not have the same recourse in securing their job before and after.

They don't seem to have any fear of speaking out about issues before and after when it comes to their job benefits and union negotiating rights. No problem exercising their first amendment rights when it comes to their job.

reacting to a proposal is different than reacting to an actual law and what you could be ordered to do according to that law. But you aren't in that position to lose your livelyhood if you speak out right now are you? Just because something may go"unsaid" does not mean it will go undone according to their feelings. Someone with 20 years as an leo cannot just go to work for a car dealership or computer job where you work and pick up from where they left off.

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    My honest opinion is that when laws are being purposed within a state that are supposed to address any sort of crime or crime prevention, the voices of LE should be heard and their experienced and professional opinions should be held with the highest regard. Most of them would probably not prioritize an AWB, but would rather the state allocate additional funds needed to procure additional staff and resources needed to do their jobs more effectively and enforce the laws currently on the books.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If the law makers really cared, they would invite all areas of law enforcement enforcement for their input. They couldn't care less what me, you and agencies have to say. You know that.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    reacting to a proposal is different than reacting to an actual law and what you could be ordered to do according to that law. But you aren't in that position to lose your livelyhood if you speak out right now are you? Just because something may go"unsaid" does not mean it will go undone according to their feelings. Someone with 20 years as an leo cannot just go to work for a car dealership or computer job where you work and pick up from where they left off.

My honest opinion is that when laws are being purposed within a state that are supposed to address any sort of crime or crime prevention, the voices of LE should be heard and their experienced and professional opinions should be held with the highest regard. Most of them would probably not prioritize an AWB, but would rather the state allocate additional funds needed to procure additional staff and resources needed to do their jobs more effectively and enforce the laws currently on the books.

What about these quasi-law-enforcement benevolent, orders, fraternity, associations who are just mouth pieces for the progressive left and their unions ? You know, the ones that peddle those phoney bumper stickers and call you for donations. The sheeple 'think' THEY are representing LEOs when they're paraded on TV along side of Bloomberg, Nutter, and Menino.

LEOs need to have their own true voice, even if it speaks through a larger voice like OathKeepers or behind an anonymous avatar here on MDS.

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    If the law makers really cared, they would invite all areas of law enforcement enforcement for their input. They couldn't care less what me, you and agencies have to say. You know that.

Sadly, you could not be more correct.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I got a very good email from Carroll County Sheriff Tregoning.

He is definitely a patriot.

He is also a life-long Democrat, and worked for the MSP his entire life before he ran for office in Carroll County.

Tregoning only stuck an "R" next to his name, after one failed attempt to win election in Carroll as a Democrat.

Lawman1800

Jul 29, 2012
    I will be there on the 6th. I am a Leo and I openly oppose any form of an AWB as we all know it will do nothing to prevent violent crime. As far as what we would or would not do if the proposed AWB passes, this is not really the time or place to disscuss that.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012

This is true, but would usually go against what the politicians want. Wait and see what gets passed and then listen for "common sense tax increases" to pay for the "safety" of us.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I will be there on the 6th. I am a Leo and I openly oppose any form of an AWB as we all know it will do nothing to prevent violent crime. As far as what we would or would not do if the proposed AWB passes, this is not really the time or place to disscuss that.

This.

But what they want YOU to do as the LEO, go in uniform and speak for your agency as the official spokesperson. REALLY make your voice heard and get fired. Comon, man up and do it, because if you don't, then you are for an AWB. And they are all pretty sure that you will positively show up on their doorstep during the confiscation phase that is going to hit. :sad20:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Has anyone been able to garner the support of local, county, or state law enforcement? I have written letters to county sheriffs that may be on our side but so far have not gotten any responses. I know that 127 local sheriffs, nationwide, have vowed not to enforce any gun control laws on the national level, but what about here in Maryland?

I spoke with the Frederick Co. Sheriff at some length yesterday. He is a huge 2A supporter, and very vocal and active in the cause.

In short, he is of the opinion that the rest of the Sheriffs in MD won't lift a finger to help, because it would risk blowback and endanger their tenure and pension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom