• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ricanmd

Dec 23, 2012
    Westminster MD
    This.

But what they want YOU to do as the LEO, go in uniform and speak for your agency as the official spokesperson. REALLY make your voice heard and get fired. Comon, man up and do it, because if you don't, then you are for an AWB. And they are all pretty sure that you will positively show up on their doorstep during the confiscation phase that is going to hit. :sad20:

And you seem to pretty sure that they are going to go against the argument that you have been making, that they are going to throw away that 20 years of service and pension and get fired by disobeying an order to knock on our doors and confiscate our guns. Then they can go get a job as a car salesmen. If they don't have the courage to speak out about proposed legislation (not sure where anyone on this thread asked them to speak out in uniform or not), why would they develop the courage to disobey direct orders.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    If I was the head of MSP and MOM said "we" will confiscate weapons. I'd look him in the face and say " you're the first through the door".

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    This.

But what they want YOU to do as the LEO, go in uniform and speak for your agency as the official spokesperson. REALLY make your voice heard and get fired. Comon, man up and do it, because if you don't, then you are for an AWB. And they are all pretty sure that you will positively show up on their doorstep during the confiscation phase that is going to hit. :sad20:

No one here wants ANY good member of law enforcement to do anything that would put their career at risk. To clarify, in my original post I made mention of sheriffs that had openly opposed an AWB. In doing so I more or less wanted to bring to light that apparently the police do not see the need for such legislation.

I do believe that any members of LE that wish to should weigh in on this issue to the Judicial Committee publicly or privately. Law enforcement professionals are the front line as far as fighting crime and crime prevention and legislators should (but won't) be asking them what their professional opinion is first.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And you seem to pretty sure that they are going to go against the argument that you have been making, that they are going to throw away that 20 years of service and pension and get fired by disobeying an order to knock on our doors and confiscate our guns. Then they can go get a job as a car salesmen. If they don't have the courage to speak out about proposed legislation (not sure where anyone on this thread asked them to speak out in uniform or not), why would they develop the courage to disobey direct orders.

You don't think this affects cops and their personally owned firearms? Get read up on the proposals.
    You also sound so sure about it coming down to gun grabbing, so why not take up arms against the tyranny right now before the law gets passed? Since you want LEOs to start ditching their lives, start your demise too.

What in God's name do you want your rank and file cops to do today, right now?
    How about that? Give an example.

Personally for me, I am not too keen on going door to door and getting into shoot outs with people in their homes. Pretty sure most level headed cops feel the same way n

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I, for one, am not in favor of anyone in law enforcement putting his livelihood on the line over a proposal. Each of us will have choices to make, differing depending on what may be passed. And they will be made by people, not by question marks draped with the trappings of punk revolutionary chic. And they may result in major changes in our lives, so tread softly, and consider each choice well in its time.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I, for one, am not in favor of anyone in law enforcement putting his livelihood on the line over a proposal. Each of us will have choices to make, differing depending on what may be passed. And they will be made by people, not by question marks draped with the trappings of punk revolutionary chic. And they may result in major changes in our lives, so tread softly, and consider each choice well in its time.

Well said.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere

These are what FOP (as an Active/Associate Member) is for. Maryland has a State lodge and basically each agency (generally) have their own perspective lodge to defer these types of legistlation and people to speak for the Police of whom they represent. Federal, State, County, and municipalities all have lodges and some share, but these topics are covered in meetings aside from having a Police spokesman /woman speaking on behalf of a certain Police agency. You are going to get Yays and nays from both sides. There are plenty of Dems who are very pro-2A whether in LE or not. There are also many reps (R) who are for this AWB...etc 2 sides to every coin. It is not so black and white how most of you here claim it is.

As far as enforcing the laws if enacted for an AWB, well lets cross that bridge if such bill passes. And no, I do not want to sell cars.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    reacting to a proposal is different than reacting to an actual law and what you could be ordered to do according to that law. But you aren't in that position to lose your livelyhood if you speak out right now are you? Just because something may go"unsaid" does not mean it will go undone according to their feelings. Someone with 20 years as an leo cannot just go to work for a car dealership or computer job where you work and pick up from where they left off..

You sound like Nancy Pelosi. We'll worry about the bill after it passes...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You sound like Nancy Pelosi. We'll worry about the bill after it passes...

You sound like someone who is not an LEO and JUST a personal weapon owner.

LEO's have several issues to deal with. You wouldn't understand the conflict about losing your job, wether or not to still be employed doing what you love and fighting in the streets with friends and citizens if it comes down to a gun grab. We own personal weapons and ARE NOT EXEMPT from any proposals.

Mr H

Banana'd
    It's become very common for folks to hear a proposed bill and assume that it will no doubt become law. Caution, sure... but it's not a done deal.

We don't (despite how it feels sometimes) live by dictatorial decree, and as what remains of our free Republic's citizens, we have the opportunity to effect change. We are proving it works.

Cart belongs behind horse.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    He is also a life-long Democrat, and worked for the MSP his entire life before he ran for office in Carroll County.

Tregoning only stuck an "R" next to his name, after one failed attempt to win election in Carroll as a Democrat.

Dude do you think only republicans support gun rights.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    It's become very common for folks to hear a proposed bill and assume that it will no doubt become law. Caution, sure... but it's not a done deal.

We don't (despite how it feels sometimes) live by dictatorial decree, and as what remains of our free Republic's citizens, we have the opportunity to effect change. We are proving it works.

Cart belongs behind horse.
    `
    Thanks for the reminder.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    It's not going to come to door-to-door confiscation. It's NEVER going to happen on any scale that will make a difference.

The goal is to fritter our rights away; little by little, inch by inch. "They" are doing it, they have been doing it, and will continue to do it.

It's up to the citizenry of this state and country whether or not it will be permitted.

The BIG question will we?

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Well, then you have your dyed-in-the-wool conservative Republican that just registered Democrat so that he can vote against the liberal Democrats (and maybe even for a conservative pro-2A Democrat) in the primary, and for the most conservative candidate in the general elections.

I'm not looking for a name to hang on me, but its sorta a "stealth Republican".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom