• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    http://m.gazette.net/gazettenet/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=wlRXRdm8

The article recaps this year's legislative battle, and Frosh predicts a lull next Spring in anti-gunowner legislation due to it being an election year. I personally disagree and expect to see more posturing by pols anticipating loony left primary challengers, or trying to shore up their anti-gunowner bona fides.

Smeigel sets the record straight, and
    Luiz Simmons is quoted at length about how MFSA2013 didn't do enough.

We shall see . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If there isn't a PUSH the other way then I'm going to be very disappointed.

Simply "holding ground" isn't gonna cut it (at all).

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If there isn't a PUSH the other way then I'm going to be very disappointed.

Simply "holding ground" isn't gonna cut it (at all).

I don't know that we have much hope. This is the same group that voted for SB281. They are proud of it.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    ill-believe-that-when-my-shit-turns-purple-smells-like-rainbow-sherbet-thumb.jpg

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Brian Frosh might be telling the truth.

He worked so hard getting SB281 pushed through this year, he hasn't been able to devote time to any of his other past pet causes: favorable treatment for pedophiles and murderers, the rights of criminals to sue their victims for injuries, and giving taxpayer money to illegal immigrants to buy their loyalty in the voting booth.

RareBird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 11, 2013
    We have to stop living in his reality, and he has to start living in ours. There should be more II A legislation, that being what MSI pushes to cut back on the effect of SB281, and bring Maryland into the mainstream of the "common sense" jurisdictions, like Pennsylvania and Virginia.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    We have to stop living in his reality, and he has to start living in ours. There should be more II A legislation, that being what MSI pushes to cut back on the effect of SB281, and bring Maryland into the mainstream of the "common sense" jurisdictions, like Pennsylvania and Virginia.
    If we had the votes for that, SB281 would not have passed in the first place.

As for Frosh's comments, given that he's the number one gun controller in the state, I do give them some weight. If he says he's not interested this session, that's good news for us.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I feel that there is some truth in his statement. Most voters have short memories. They feel that if they don't purpose any new antigun legislation this year, voters will forget about SB 251 by November. I would like to see our side push back hard this coming session.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    This session will most likely be tame. No new gun regulations and no new taxes. They are hoping that all the people forget the amount of damage they did to this state this year by the time elections roll around.

We aren’t going to get any of this stuff rolled back (Let’s be realistic here). It is time for us to be pushing DINO as hard as we can and our first step is 2A Tuesday. They need to hear our rallying cry and see that we are not going away.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Just wait for the next mass shooting and the flood gates will be open again. The new laws are written and parked on the back burner; didn't take very long to dust off SB 281 and shove it down our throats.

Lew--Ranger63

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom