• ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Holding Ground...marylands new gun motto

Nope. We need to gain ground. To do that, we need to gain seats/supporters in the GA. The current GA passed some of the most restrictive gun laws the nation has ever seen. We need to replace a lot of those people.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I feel that there is some truth in his statement. Most voters have short memories. They feel that if they don't purpose any new antigun legislation this year, voters will forget about SB 251 by November. I would like to see our side push back hard this coming session.

Yes. Can't *not* push back just because the legislation will fail. Gotta throw everything at them to remind people that these legislators aren't pro-gun. If they won't remind their constituents by refusing to push new legislation, let's do it for them by forcing them to defend old policies. But wait, that would actually mean we'd have to put them on true defense, so I guess that idea won't fly. We might hurt some feelings, and we can't spread our resources too thin!

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    If there isn't a PUSH the other way then I'm going to be very disappointed.

Simply "holding ground" isn't gonna cut it (at all).

We have to stop living in his reality, and he has to start living in ours. There should be more II A legislation, that being what MSI pushes to cut back on the effect of SB281, and bring Maryland into the mainstream of the "common sense" jurisdictions, like Pennsylvania and Virginia.

I agree with both of those statements. We also need to step out of our own issues and talk up other ones that will be detrimental to their campaigns. I also plan on contacting elected officials starting 1/1/2014, letting them know that being quiet in 2014 will not suffice. They need to actively work to repeal or alter (think HQL turning into CCW) at least the most odious parts of the new laws or face DINO and other pushes to get them out. I am aware that this is shooting for the stars and our political clout is not big like in CO. I do feel that we should aim high and go for what we want. No one ever had great success by only going for what was most likely achievable.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Frosh is running for AG, but NEEDS more votes than MoCo can provide, and he knows it. He's trying to hide his complicity in the passage of SB281 by just not focusing on it in his 'plus column'.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE IT AN ISSUE.

To quote the late, great 'Bluto' Blutarsky ...

Mr H

Banana'd
    Believe half of what Frosh says, and none of what he tells you.

We need to push smart, hard, and not yield. 10K or more from all over the state on 4Feb, and continual communication starting NOW!

Even if we don't break them this year (which we were inches from doing last year), they will know they were in a fight.

Then, we make sure they answer for their votes.

Remember, there are several power-brokers in the GA who will be running for other offices in '14, and leave openings for us to push 'friendlies' into those spots.

RareBird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 11, 2013
    Just remember that Obamacare was pronounced dead a dozen times before it was rammed through at midnight.

Votes can be funny things. They don't always turn out the way the sages predict. If we are attacking, we have little to lose. We are always on the defensive, and always giving up some of our rights to preserve others. I would like to turn the tables.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just remember that Obamacare was pronounced dead a dozen times before it was rammed through at midnight.

Votes can be funny things. They don't always turn out the way the sages predict. If we are attacking, we have little to lose. We are always on the defensive, and always giving up some of our rights to preserve others. I would like to turn the tables.

Well put.

But I'll say it again... we have to start now and not let up.

I'm smelling a new tactic from the other side.

I'm calling it the "Barbrady Gambit"

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Frosh is running for AG, but NEEDS more votes than MoCo can provide, and he knows it. He's trying to hide his complicity in the passage of SB281 by just not focusing on it in his 'plus column'.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE IT AN ISSUE.

To quote the late, great 'Bluto' Blutarsky ...

I think whether he is popular in MoCo is questionable. Federal workers are being squeezed. First with the budget deal, then with more O'Froshy higher taxes for stuff like a new jail, ipads to inmates, and whatever else they dream up. And to close the ever-gaping maw of the structural deficit.

speaking of the budget, Van Hollen is another one that might be vulnerable.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I think whether he is popular in MoCo is questionable. Federal workers are being squeezed. First with the budget deal, then with more O'Froshy higher taxes for stuff like a new jail, ipads to inmates, and whatever else they dream up. And to close the ever-gaping maw of the structural deficit.

speaking of the budget, Van Hollen is another one that might be vulnerable.
    To be fair - the iPads for inmates was a Gansler idea.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I think alot of the politicians will keep things relatively quiet in Annapolis this session. They know that the tax increases, and the gun control was very unpopular with a large part of the state. They want to be re-elected, and are banking on a short memory from the populace. If the politicians don't see a large pushback in 2014, then IMO, all bets are off in 2015.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    ...If we are attacking, we have little to lose. We are always on the defensive, and always giving up some of our rights to preserve others. I would like to turn the tables.

Yes, and out of a desire to be simply left alone, I believe most on our side of the argument have been reactionary. We cannot do this anymore. Hopefully we have been galvanized by SB 281 to not yield on the offensive plays.
    This thread and the thread in Bloomberg news article thread stating that gun control is losing, I believe is indicative of a false withdraw tactic. I believe we will see this stuff as a tactic to break people away from our side in preparation for upcoming elections at state and federal levels.

fjm0008

Jun 27, 2012
    Arnold
    For those that believe anything that Frosh says, you are feeling very sleepy.....It is a tactic to get the opponent to put their guard down and not pay attention.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We will not forget nor let other voters.

:thumbsup: That needs to be our focus. 2/4/14 is a good opportunity to let them know we have not forgotten. There were some members of the GA who were not entirely comfortable with SB281. Our turnout made an impression. If we can come back with more people when there is no vote, they will see that we remember. We need to show that that voting to restrict a fundamental Right will cost some of them their jobs. They don't believe we can affect the election. We need to make believers out of them.

DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    It does not matter what he says.

We can continue activities as usual to push to enhance our basic rights including those specifically protected by the 2nd amendment. Just because he does not want a political fight, doesn't mean we don't want one.

I hope to make the FEB2 rally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom