• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I posed this question earlier to deal with a fanboy, with no response. So for the hell of it I'll ask the community: If you were to be dropped on an alien planet and could only take 1 firearm, with the exception of a Ma-Deuce or Dillon M-134D, what would it be?,and why?

I look forward to some entertaining responses. :D

Son of a bitch, misspelled the title....

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'd take a drilling. .416 Rigby for the top barrel, 12 Gauge for the bottom. Why? The .416 if there's anything big enough to eat me that I can't get away from, the 12 Gauge for possible food sources.

K-9

Apr 12, 2011
    Dumbdalk!
    AR-15 5.56 with fully automatic selection and suppressor because I know the firearm and it it one of my favorites. It is also my "zombie gun" or apocalypse firearm should something break off in Maryland.

Interesting post though. I would like to hear about everyone's opinions.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hypothetically, like earth, gravity, atmosphere, water, plant life, possible food sources, possible predators.

I like Jim's answer, 2 for 1 is good thinking, K-9's answer isn't bad also, but there is some itches the 5.56 can't scratch, just to be fair.

I'll grant the option of bringing multiple upper's or multiple caliber's if the weapon is designed to accept them. With the statement that you'll also have a sizeable container of ammo and basic supplies dropped with you. By sizeable I'm thinking 'A shit-load'.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Something to consider.
    Dinosaurs were the largest land animals that ever lived. From about 225 million to 65 million years ago, they were one of the planet's most numerous and varied land vertebrates. Few other groups of higher animals have matched the dinosaurs' longevity.

There were 5 great mass extinction events in our history. The what if needs to be considered. If I were in the Jurrasic period I would want something big.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Very good point Molonlabe, in this instance, not a lot is known about this hypothetical planet, including what types of creatures may be on it. Think of it as an Expeditionary Trip gone awry.

Either way, this thread is just more of a 'Why not', more or less to gauge people's first choice and possible reasoning behind it, or lack of reasoning if you just want to gain points for most unique answer. :D

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    kirk-phaser.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have a few personal choices that I have yet to narrow down.

AR with standard 5.56 upper, 6.8 spc upper, .450 Bushmaster and .50 Beowulf upper.
    AK-47, select fire of course. Is it the most beautiful thing, not really, but the thing can take some abuse.
    Barrett M-107 .50 with all the fun fun flavors of ammo, Ball, Slap, Rauffos, etc.
    .577 T-Rex, just because I've seen that Youtube video and I'd like to see if I could hang on to it.
    The Lamadi (Is that correct spelling??) - That big-ass Fin 20mm Bolt-gun from S.O.G.'s, just for shit's and giggles.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Great..., Kirk came in with his phaser..., flag on play..., firearms need solid projectiles.

Although wlc will get 1 gold star for being the first in with the Phaser...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You have me torn there, it's an energy weapon, but a weapon with BFG in it's name....:cool:

Nem will have to get 1 gold star also for the BFG 9000, or should that be a red star??? :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Streetgang gets a gold star too, anytime your first thought has Uranium in it, there's got to be a nod going....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom