• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Are they Frederick city or County? Some incorporated area's just make it real difficult to get anything done.

It's in the county...verified earlier in the thread. I asked about whether he was affiliated with the county, and maybe deflecting, because I feel the county is the cause of a lot of this. It seems to me the latest stuff the county wants, and that the lawyers are fighting, can only be one of two things on the county's part, IMHO, incompetence or harassment..absolutely absurd. It will come out soon enough.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, it is a bit strange that a new poster to basically only this thread starts spouting off "permit number" and what not.

It's odd to me as I would never take the time to look for the info, and more or less "investigate" it and tell people about it on an internet forum.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Maybe he's a disappointed early investor, but like Snally, his motivations don't matter to me if he's right. So far, TMGN has over promised and under delivered. When did they initially project opening? How many months or years are they behind schedule? In the end, this ultimately reflects on them, no matter how often people want to cut them excuses. If this other place (Heritage) gets going sooner after either starting later and/or not putting out as many missed completion deadlines, then it suggests to me that they have their sh1t together in comparison. I hope that TMGN is able to get off the ground, and those that invested early or bought lifetime memberships are ultimately rewarded, but there's no denying that their credibility has taken a hit.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I'm one of the early investors too, not a lifetime membership cause I want to test drive, but wife and I both joined on a family plan well over a year ago, as soon as they were taking memberships I think. For me though it's not too big of a deal. I've been away from shooting routinely since moving to this stupid state because I just don't like going to a lot of trouble. When they open, it will make it really easy for me so I'm just looking forward to some comfortable shooting whenever I want. I've got a lot of old ammo I need to burn up and replace. ;)

Heritage looks like it should be opening very soon, but I think they're also about 6 months behind one of the announcements they had made about an opening date. Anyway, cool to have so many options soon. Despite the waits, nothing but good times ahead it appears.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Wow. Lots of anger (or maybe frustration at delays).

I love competition, the free market, entrepreneurship and anyone that will help grow and improve the shooting sports and advance second amendment rights.

I'm looking forward to visiting all the new facilities after they open. ;)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If you're in Frederick area, it's quite easy to shoot without waiting for an indoor facility. One can become a member of one of three places in town, Cresap, the Frederick chapter of the IWLA, or Monocacy Pistol Club. If I weren't in two of these already, I probably would have considered signing up for one of the new indoor places (when they're open). As it is, I'll likely just go with the a la carte option during winter.

Near to Frederick, there are outdoor ranges in Middletown, Thurmont, and Hagerstown that can be accessed through memberships. For Cresap, non members can use the range on Sundays.

There's no real impediment to shooting in Frederick that TMGN really solves other than providing a weather protected facility. Obviously, it also allows the use of some firearms that some of the immediately proximal outdoor ranges in Frederick might not.

Roger Moree

May 13, 2015
    No I don't work for the county. Not sure why that matters. I do however, own my own construction company. And know that a LOT of their problems were due to lack of planning ahead.

Roger Moree

May 13, 2015
    Papi. The permit number and county link was actually post FIRST on TMGNMD facebook page, months ago. But TMGNMD removed it.

Strange or not, facts are facts. I have no motive except I paid for something and I feel I'm being ripped off and lied to.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    If you're in Frederick area, it's quite easy to shoot without waiting for an indoor facility. One can become a member of one of three places in town, Cresap, the Frederick chapter of the IWLA, or Monocacy Pistol Club. If I weren't in two of these already, I probably would have considered signing up for one of the new indoor places (when they're open). As it is, I'll likely just go with the a la carte option during winter.

Near to Frederick, there are outdoor ranges in Middletown, Thurmont, and Hagerstown that can be accessed through memberships. For Cresap, non members can use the range on Sundays.

There's no real impediment to shooting in Frederick that TMGN really solves other than providing a weather protected facility. Obviously, it also allows the use of some firearms that some of the immediately proximal outdoor ranges in Frederick might not.

Yeah, I've shot at all those in Frederick (IWLA, Cresap, Monocacy) and am aware of the others (I have the app!:)). I much prefer an indoor range for all except long range rifle, which I'm only just getting started trying.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    No I don't work for the county. Not sure why that matters. I do however, own my own construction company. And know that a LOT of their problems were due to lack of planning ahead.

Papi. The permit number and county link was actually post FIRST on TMGNMD facebook page, months ago. But TMGNMD removed it.

Strange or not, facts are facts. I have no motive except I paid for something and I feel I'm being ripped off and lied to.

That's cool and clears that up. I'm nowhere near Frederick and never visited their Facebook profile, I just like seeing another range open up somewhere.

I think we were prematurely adjusting the tinfoil by your knowledge and thought you may have been someone who came out of the wood work (as a county employee) to 'throw stones back' so to say. I could never believe a county employee would waste their time to start drama here, though. Apologies

capinyoass

Apr 19, 2013
    Link is not coming through.

Looks like heritage got their COO a while ago. There hold up is staffing and training?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

It's just a thing with me because I live in a community where we feel we got shafted by the old BOCC of which Jan (now new county executive) and Wendy were members involved in our issues. I need to use all those tin foil hats in the closet for something.

Regarding planning, it's certainly possible they nearly bit off more than they could chew. They're all young folks, all new to this type of thing I imagine, and it's certainly conceivable that they underestimated what is involved in doing this. I'm hoping it won't be long. On my last quick peek, they even had all the classroom tables and chairs set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom