• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    Hi, I am an NJ resident and go to school at UMD. I am in the process of applying for my NJ FID. Since I am in MD most of my time I am basically trying to get an idea of what I would need to do in order to ensure I can legally bring whatever I buy here and also keep them both NJ and MD legal.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Greetings from a former NJ resident.
    Good luck with the FID. When I applied for mine it was 6 to 9 month wait and I managed to move here before it was issued!
    Not sure about the movement between states, but I do know that NJ wants a permit for EACH handgun purchased. Don't know how that will sit w/ MD purchases.
    Just stay here and wave bye bye to Chris Christy and NJ.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Welcome! I'm president/founder of the Rifle & Pistol Club here at UMD. I'm going to PM you.

And you people from NJ stop overrunning UMD! Haha

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Hi, I am an NJ resident and go to school at UMD. I am in the process of applying for my NJ FID. Since I am in MD most of my time I am basically trying to get an idea of what I would need to do in order to ensure I can legally bring whatever I buy here and also keep them both NJ and MD legal.

I do know that to purchase a gun in NJ you need a FID (of course you must be a resident), you don't need a FID to own a gun in NJ. Now that you are confused, I don't know what is required to bring a regulated firearm into MD as a student.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    NJ is very restrictive on handguns and their transportation. I'll probably have to call the NJSP and MDSP to find out how to legally bring one here.
    Right now I am thinking of buying a Mosin Carbine and a Rock Island 1911 with a .22lr upper.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

Baby wipes, both nanny states are working to ensure you can have nothing else.

You really need to become VERY familiar with New Jersey firearm law, as it is the most restrictive of the two states, bizarre, and rather aggressive in the enforcement of that law. Don't get me wrong, MD law is bad, but it makes MD look like TX when you compare MD and NJ law. You should consider becoming a state resident of MD for numerous reasons including the lower tuition, no need for a FID card, and hollow point bullets.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts