• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    "applied to the NIC process" - from post #1.

I have never heard the "System" referred to in this way, is this a clue as to whom the OP may be ? "Mom", "anti", "DNC" or Russian? No offense meant to the Russians ....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm beginning to think this is BS. OP has been online several times but not posted since 16 February.

He started another thread with this same subject matter. The mods killed that thread after he went off on everyone for not agreeing with him.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    As for the post about his kid taking mom's ammo to school, I think it was a different kid. I'm sure it was a different mom, too. The troubled kid is adopted, remember, and the birth mother is not around. So "Ammo Mom" is the OP' s wife.

As for bad parenting being at fault, that's easy for outsiders to say. The kid has a diagnosis of a fetal alcohol related disorder. Whatever. Lot's of screwed up people in the world, plenty of finger pointing, and no good answers.

Sounds like the problem has been getting worse as the kid gets older. Incrementally, like a frog boiling. The parents feel better locking their door at night, but only need to sometimes at first, and that's not such a big deal, right? It's incremental, and they want to believe they can handle it. Maybe the kid got angry and punched through the hollow cardboard door, so they bought a solid door. And a deadbolt. It's incremental. They think they can handle it . They hope so, anyway.

Just like they felt better putting the knives on a top shelf. No big deal. Then the kid got bigger, could climb up, so they put a lock on the cupboard. Incremental. Nothing they can't handle. Everybody is supposed to lock their guns up anyway, right? Why not knives?

They desperately want to think it will be all right, but as the years go by, they worry more, and don't know what to do. They get by, day by day.

Then this whack job goes off in Florida, and the OP starts panicking, or nearly does. Comes up with some desperate idea, and decides to try it on us here.

And we hit him with a hard dose of the reality he needs, the reality he's been avoiding all along.

I'm not surprised the OP hasn't been back. But I think he's been watching this thread.

So to the Original Poster:

There is some very good advice and some maybe not so good advice here. We have not been gentle with you, but you need to sift through the responses and you will see what you need to do.

First, wake up and shake off the fog with which the incrementalism has befuddled you. This is intolerable and you need to act.

It sounds like the kid is an immediate threat to you and your family. Stop kidding yourself. Talk to doctors, cops, anyone who can get the kid out of there.

I saw a documentary about a very similar case that ended with the adoptive mother sliced to ribbons with a butcher knife, dead in a pool of blood. Yes, they had had the kid removed, but he came back. Mom thought she could handle the situation. She couldn't.

No easy answers. This kid could be a threat hanging over your head for years to come, just like the kid in the documentary I mentioned.

No simple, easy answer. But you need to wake up, stop kidding yourself, stop whining that you make too much money for subsidized assistance...

Stop thinking that confiscating all 20 million AR 15s in the U.S. will help.

There should be a process to get this kid on the NICS Prohibited list. It should not be easy. Make it happen.

But that won't help your wife 3 years from now when he comes after her with a butcher knife, like the kid did in that documentary.

There are good suggestions in this thread, if you can be strong enough to act on them.

I hope you do find the clear way forward.

But making everyone else wear diapers won't help when your kid shits the bed.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As for the post about his kid taking mom's ammo to school, I think it was a different kid. I'm sure it was a different mom, too. The troubled kid is adopted, remember, and the birth mother is not around. So "Ammo Mom" is the OP' s wife.

As for bad parenting being at fault, that's easy for outsiders to say. The kid has a diagnosis of a fetal alcohol related disorder. Whatever. Lot's of screwed up people in the world, plenty of finger pointing, and no good answers.

Sounds like the problem has been getting worse as the kid gets older. Incrementally, like a frog boiling. The parents feel better locking their door at night, but only need to sometimes at first, and that's not such a big deal, right? It's incremental, and they want to believe they can handle it. Maybe the kid got angry and punched through the hollow cardboard door, so they bought a solid door. And a deadbolt. It's incremental. They think they can handle it . They hope so, anyway.

Just like they felt better putting the knives on a top shelf. No big deal. Then the kid got bigger, could climb up, so they put a lock on the cupboard. Incremental. Nothing they can't handle. Everybody is supposed to lock their guns up anyway, right? Why not knives?

They desperately want to think it will be all right, but as the years go by, they worry more, and don't know what to do. They get by, day by day.

Then this whack job goes off in Florida, and the OP starts panicking, or nearly does. Comes up with some desperate idea, and decides to try it on us here.

And we hit him with a hard dose of the reality he needs, the reality he's been avoiding all along.

I'm not surprised the OP hasn't been back. But I think he's been watching this thread.

So to the Original Poster:

There is some very good advice and some maybe not so good advice here. We have not been gentle with you, but you need to sift through the responses and you will see what you need to do.

First, wake up and shake off the fog with which the incrementalism has befuddled you. This is intolerable and you need to act.

It sounds like the kid is an immediate threat to you and your family. Stop kidding yourself. Talk to doctors, cops, anyone who can get the kid out of there.

I saw a documentary about a very similar case that ended with the adoptive mother sliced to ribbons with a butcher knife, dead in a pool of blood. Yes, they had had the kid removed, but he came back. Mom thought she could handle the situation. She couldn't.

No easy answers. This kid could be a threat hanging over your head for years to come, just like the kid in the documentary I mentioned.

No simple, easy answer. But you need to wake up, stop kidding yourself, stop whining that you make too much money for subsidized assistance...

Stop thinking that confiscating all 20 million AR 15s in the U.S. will help.

There should be a process to get this kid on the NICS Prohibited list. It should not be easy. Make it happen.

But that won't help your wife 3 years from now when he comes after her with a butcher knife, like the kid did in that documentary.

There are good suggestions in this thread, if you can be strong enough to act on them.

I hope you do find the clear way forward.

But making everyone else wear diapers won't help when your kid shits the bed.

Ultimately, this(last line) is everyone's point.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I am not ashamed nor remorseful about being an avid shooter and firearm owner.
    I will not allow the demonization of the sport I love dearly because others have feelings that got hurt.

I have spent more time being unfriended on more sites this week then I care to even discuss. People get up and move away from me like I have the plague because I will not be silenced and fall in line with those around.

Screw them all!!

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    I just had a woman say her boyfriend was in the Army for 22 years, works in a pawn shop, refuses to sell AR-15's because they are "military grade". This was in response to my comment that no military uses a semi-automatic rifle.

I never understood this line of thinking. Wonder if he’s consistent and doesn’t sell 1911’s, Remington bolt actions or pump action shotguns since they’ve all been used by the military and therefore are “military grade”?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I never understood this line of thinking. Wonder if he’s consistent and doesn’t sell 1911’s, Remington bolt actions or pump action shotguns since they’ve all been used by the military and therefore are “military grade”?

My thoughts on it...:moon:

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I am not ashamed nor remorseful about being an avid shooter and firearm owner.
    I will not allow the demonization of the sport I love dearly because others have feelings that got hurt.

I have spent more time being unfriended on more sites this week then I care to even discuss. People get up and move away from me like I have the plague because I will not be silenced and fall in line with those around.

Screw them all!!
    Yep, my thoughts exactly. Some say AR15 have no other use than for killing people. They have obviously never been to Camp Perry. With modern bullets, the ar does really well at high power. I’ve competed in matches with my AR’s. People are speaking on a subject as an experts, yet they have no idea what they are talking about.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yep, my thoughts exactly. Some say AR15 have no other use than for killing people. They have obviously never been to Camp Perry. With modern bullets, the ar does really well at high power. I’ve competed in matches with my AR’s. People are speaking on a subject as an experts, yet they have no idea what they are talking about.

The reason the Second Amendment exists is to kill people by insuring that "We the People" would have the tools necessary to overthrow a repressive out of control government if it ever became necessary again. The authors of the constitution had just done that exact thing in spite of the governments efforts at gun control .... one of the reasons the British marched out of Boston toward Lexington and Concorde was to confiscate legally owned guns to prevent resistance.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it.

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    The reason the Second Amendment exists is to kill people by insuring that "We the People" would have the tools necessary to overthrow a repressive out of control government if it ever became necessary again.

Some or most would believe that given the current technology, The People don't have the tools or skills to do that any more, and merely a fantasy.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Some or most would believe that given the current technology, The People don't have the tools or skills to do that any more, and merely a fantasy.

only because of infringements on the 2a. we, the civilian population, should have the means at our disposal at all time to take back our government by force whenever necessary. but then again how many guns are out in civilian hands? 300 million, 800 million, I have read both estimates and I think them both low. the American civilian population is the largest standing army in the world, if I am not mistaken its been said that the American civilian population is of a greater size than all the armies of the world a few time also.

so its no fantasy unless our own government nukes us and I would like to believe there are enough patriots in the armed forces that this couldn't happen.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009

Cant bring myself to imagine shooting and taking part in a violent insurrection aimed at overthrowing the US government. To advocate the violent overthrow of our nation is not a good idea. Who will be out new leader? Meghan Kelly?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Cant bring myself to imagine shooting and taking part in a violent insurrection aimed at overthrowing the US government. To advocate the violent overthrow of our nation is not a good idea. Who will be out new leader? Meghan Kelly?

how do you think this nation was formed?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Trump is a an illegitimately elected fascist who is a puppet for Putin. California is looking to separate from the US. Don't you think that increases the odds of a revolution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom