• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    While it reads as if the person who posted on glassdoor.com was angry when they wrote it, I know every word of it to be true. Fvck that place.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    While it reads as if the person who posted on glassdoor.com was angry when they wrote it, I know every word of it to be true. Fvck that place.

I think most of us who regularly use HTC couldn't give a shit less about what kind of place it is to work. If you don't like it, don't go there.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Do you have a nice big secluded property on which to shoot?

My friend has a range in his backyard, and another friend has a farm. Family farm in WV when I visit.

The only time I really pay to shoot is at sporting clay clubs.

I do also pay $55 a year to keep my membership at a PA gun club too.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    My friend has a range in his backyard, and another friend has a farm. Family farm in WV when I visit.

The only time I really pay to shoot is at sporting clay clubs.

I do also pay $55 a year to keep my membership at a PA gun club too.

Having lots of places to shoot outdoors is one of the many things I miss about WV. I used to live outside Barboursville and had 300+ yards of open area behind my house I could safely shoot into right off my back deck. I don't think it gets much better. Huntington Pistol & Rifle Club was a five minute drive if I wanted to shoot 750+ yards. Ernie's Gun & Pawn, before they closed in 1990, had the only indoor range in a 40 mile radius and the only time my friends and I went there was to shoot bowling pin matches. Otherwise, it was strictly outdoors on private property.

Probably wouldn't work for certain snowflakes, though. A squirrel might give one of them a mean look and totally ruin the whole experience. There might be a different pile of cow flop in the field, that wasn't there before, and it might make them worry about the field's viability for range use, with a virtual stampede of new cows crapping there. And God forbid, shooting outdoors might expose the PVD finish of their Sig Legions to the harsh outdoor environment, thus, causing it to wear even faster!

:omg:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I've always been a "farm shooter" myself. Besides sporting clay clubs I have very minimal amount of public shooting experience

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Any of you guys up there today? I will be heading up soon with the wife and some out of town guests.

How cool is it when your wife suggests the range for an activity for HER birthday weekend?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Any of you guys up there today? I will be heading up soon with the wife and some out of town guests.

How cool is it when your wife suggests the range for an activity for HER birthday weekend?
    Glad she liked the place from before.

Hope you guys had fun.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Hey, nice shooting with you guys! Happy birthday to Mrs. Boundless! Good timing on my part because I didn't see your post!

So while boundlessdyad and family were shooting every Glock known to mankind, I, in the adjacent lane, tried-out a new .38 Special load in the Python.

8xB95IA.jpg

15 yards, Geco 158gr FMJ

I've noticed that the Python definitely likes heavier bullets. I tried a few Fiocchi 142gr .357's with equally good results. Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at HTC!

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hey, nice shooting with you guys! Happy birthday to Mrs. Boundless! Good timing on my part because I didn't see your post!

So while boundlessdyad and family were shooting every Glock known to mankind, I, in the adjacent lane, tried-out a new .38 Special load in the Python. ...

Lol.

Guessing the Gen 1 G17 made an appearance.

..., I, in the adjacent lane, tried-out a new .38 Special load in the Python.

8xB95IA.jpg

15 yards, Geco 158gr FMJ

Tremendous shooting. One of the best of your practice targets that I've seen, and you shoot your other guns well.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Lol.

Guessing the Gen 1 G17 made an appearance.

Tremendous shooting. One of the best of your practice targets that I've seen, and you shoot your other guns well.

Negative on the Gen 1 G17. Looking like it will be safe queen.

First time firing tonight:

Gen 4 G34 man that thing is sweet to shoot!

Gen 4 G26, I like my old Gen 2 G26 better

Vickers Gen 3 G19 grey, amazing gun. Abby shot the heck out of this gun!

Vickers Gen 3 G17 Dark earth, very nice but I give the slight edge to the G19.

Gen 3 G29 with plus two floor plate. Awesome! Fun to shoot, recoil is surprisingly no problem.

G43 nice but the G26 is much more fun to shoot.

Gen 2 Sub2000 G17 version, even more fun than my Gen 1

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Negative on the Gen 1 G17. Looking like it will be safe queen.

First time firing tonight:

Gen 4 G34 man that thing is sweet to shoot!

Cool. A Glock 34 is on my list for this year. Have been accumulating mags for my Gen 2 Sub2k (G17) that will work for it. Was debating G17 or G34, but I'd use the G34 more because of IDPA (which you really need to try, btw). A tricked out Taran Tactical G34 was John Wick's gun of choice in the newest film, but I'd be happy with a regular Gen 4.

Vickers Gen 3 G19 grey, amazing gun. Abby shot the heck out of this gun!

Love this gun as well. Modified the trigger slightly to give it a cleaner break. I have Gen 3 G32 that is my all purpose favorite (and shoots like a laser), otherwise it would be the Vickers Gen 3 G19.

...Gen 3 G29 with plus two floor plate. Awesome! Fun to shoot, recoil is surprisingly no problem.

More good reviews on this gun (HoK seems similarly happy). If I wasn't as invested in 357 Sig ammo, the appeal of a G29 might prove irresistible.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Cool. A Glock 34 is on my list for this year. Have been accumulating mags for my Gen 2 Sub2k (G17) that will work for it. Was debating G17 or G34, but I'd use the G34 more because of IDPA (which you really need to try, btw). A tricked out Taran Tactical G34 was John Wick's gun of choice in the newest film, but I'd be happy with a regular Gen 4.

Love this gun as well. Modified the trigger slightly to give it a cleaner break. I have Gen 3 G32 that is my all purpose favorite (and shoots like a laser), otherwise it would be the Vickers Gen 3 G19.

More good reviews on this gun (HoK seems similarly happy). If I wasn't as invested in 357 Sig ammo, the appeal of a G29 might prove irresistible.

Problem solved buy a .357 sig conversion barrel for it.

Get the G34 you won't regret it.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Lol, my G32 scratches that itch. Got it used (LE trade in), and when Chad inspected the barrel, he said it had almost no evidence of past use.

Abby get any small firearm this bday? I was thinking this new Kimber revolver with the satin finish (there's five variants now) might be nice ...

http://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-dcr

Comparison of the models here ...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/03/kimbers-2017-k6s-grows-5-new-revolvers/

Review here ...

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/review-kimber-k6s-357-magnum-revolver/

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Lol, my G32 scratches that itch. Got it used (LE trade in), and when Chad inspected the barrel, he said it had almost no evidence of past use.

Abby get any small firearm this bday? I was thinking this new Kimber revolver with the satin finish (there's five variants now) might be nice ...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/03/kimbers-2017-k6s-grows-5-new-revolvers/

Review here ...

Abby doesn't have her hql yet... Working on that and her carry permit now that she is no longer pregnant. She has two handguns from pre 2013 but we didn't take those out last night.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Review here ...

I like these kimber revolvers but think I prefer my SP101 and will likely pick up a LCR soon.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I like these kimber revolvers but think I prefer my SP101 and will likely pick up a LCR soon.
    I bought an SP101 as my first 2017 purchase.

Pic of it post cleaning last night ...
    7e4a08a22f66753fb4eb079743fb9cc9.jpg

(the bottom S&W 686+ revolver is my wife's)

I like the narrow width of the SP101. The machining is a bit rough, and the exactor rod could be a bit beefier, but for $450 new, couldn't resist. I've got the Wolff spring kit for it and ordered some nicer grips with rosewood inserts. What I particularly like is the 3-inch barrel option. It might actually get a little more juice (speed vs flash) if using a 357 round.

The Kimber is getting great reviews for its smooth DA trigger, light weight, 6 cylinder capacity, and good looks. It's proportionally very similar to the SP101. Out of collection interest, I'll probably pick one up this year, but the new Colt Cobra in this size is first in line (doesn't look as good, is a 38 Special revolver - which is perfectly fine with me, but is the first newly produced Colt SA/DA revolver in many years).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom