• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Is that a real baseball glove that someone made into a wallet?
    I have a friend whose kid is now pitching in MLB and that would make a fantastic gift for the boy to give his dad.
    Yes that is made from my high school ball glove.
    Had ambitions of going pro but the scouts told me I had two shortcomings that would keep me out of MLB

Offense and defense.....

The guy that makes them is a really nice guy. He has some different stuff made from ball gloves, hockey gloves and footballs or you can send in your own glove for him to use.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    My new daily :D
    (I've wanted one for over a decade and finally got a great deal)
    [IWC Aquatimer 2000 in titanium]

52509324125_314870ac40.jpg

52510557907_0e462c5483_z.jpg

And you wear it on the right wrist, even - congrats!

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    Omega Speedmaster- Wedding present from the wife. Been wearing it every day and have bands for every occasion. Still not used to remembering to wind it!

Attachments

• 3359D04B-7240-474C-973E-EE1D6FE86B84.jpeg
      3359D04B-7240-474C-973E-EE1D6FE86B84.jpeg
      268.3 KB · Views: 93

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Omega Speedmaster- Wedding present from the wife. Been wearing it every day and have bands for every occasion. Still not used to remembering to wind it!
    Very nice. Helluva wedding gift from the spouse - a keeper no doubt (the wife & the watch)!

The Speedy is a total strap-monster. Not much that it doesn't pair well with.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Of all the watches I own and have owned I’ve always considered the SpeedMaster among the most purely beautiful and functional.

What did you give her as a wedding gift?
    :D

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    Not an EDC, but wearing it today. Vintage GP, 1967, 5Hz automatic movement, representative of what can still be thought of the as the pinnacle of automatic movement development, even today.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
      IMG_0420.jpg
      236.5 KB · Views: 83

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not an EDC, but wearing it today. Vintage GP, 1967, 5Hz automatic movement, representative of what can still be thought of the as the pinnacle of automatic movement development, even today.
    That’s a very cool watch. I keep looking at Zenith ElPrimero for its’ 5Hz movement

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    That’s a very cool watch. I keep looking at Zenith ElPrimero for its’ 5Hz movement
    Zenith are a watchmaker's watchmaker. Their history and mastery are legendary. The El Primero is a masterpiece (even Rolex thought so.) Their innovation is also extraordinary. I am thinking of the Zenith Defy Lab watch with its novel aluminum-polymer matrix case and 15 Hz movement using an extraordinary single crystal oscillator component that has a complex shape that replaces the entire sprung balance mechanism. There is really nothing else like it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Zenith are a watchmaker's watchmaker. Their history and mastery are legendary. The El Primero is a masterpiece (even Rolex thought so.) Their innovation is also extraordinary. I am thinking of the Zenith Defy Lab watch with its novel aluminum-polymer matrix case and 15 Hz movement using an extraordinary single crystal oscillator component that has a complex shape that replaces the entire sprung balance mechanism. There is really nothing else like it.
    That’s incredible l. I gotta check this one out!

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    That’s incredible l. I gotta check this one out!
    Like Jaeger-Lecoultre and Frederic Piguet (now Blancpain), Zenith has a special place among the Swiss watchmaking companies for excellence and innovation, and for making not only their own line but movements for other major Swiss brands.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Like Jaeger-Lecoultre and Frederic Piguet (now Blancpain), Zenith has a special place among the Swiss watchmaking companies for excellence and innovation, and for making not only their own line but movements for other major Swiss brands.
    I love Zenith. Their ceramic bezel Chronomaster Sport is perhaps the best looking chronograph out there. Worth every bit of its ~10k price point, unlike what Rolex is putting out for the same $.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom