• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Thing is, I doubt the politicians and the police want anything more to do with this. In fact, I am guessing they would prefer that this just go away quietly. If I was them, I would let us demonstrate on Monday peacefully and hope that is the end of this from a demonstration standpoint. If this got a lot of publicity from two men being arrested, imagine the publicity if 100+ people are arrested and with minor children present.

My thought as well.

If they do plan anything underhanded, it won't be now with many eyes on them. They will wait quite a while until people let their guards down, the numbers thin out, and the media goes away.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Problem is that this Officer took an oath to uphold the Constitution and failed to do it.
    You would have been a great cop I am sure.
    We need to never forget or reduce our pursuit of whomever put him up to this.

I concur with Blaster et al. The SGT was scared. You could hear it in his voice. He quavered substantially. His ability to control the situation was pitiful IMO as a former FED LEO. He was out of his comfort zone...way out.

The SGT forgot his most powerful tool...officer discretion. A great referee or umpire or teacher or coach also uses this kind of tool.

It's my firm belief the SGT was TOLD IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS exactly what to do. He went from 0-60 escalating his response. The video (blessed video//evidence) documents his state of mind. He NEVER managed the situation. He never spoke calmly and firmly. He was never in control. Thankfully, Rack et all did not agitate or frustrate him. IMO that would have been a much worse situation.

Officer discretion starts with a solid knowledge base, adds real experience and finishes with professional empathy. His proximity to the "flag pole"...to whomever sent him on his fools errand didn't help his personal or professional situation. If he understood discretion, he was unable to bring it to bear.

A shame to be someone who don't, won't or can't do his job. Especially such a critical job hinging on a key constitutional issue.

I curse the POS who sent him out there. Unpardonable. Arrogance in the extreme. Dangerous to liberty.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    And it is good to have you . I will show you the secret handshake

Didn't we give you a counseling session on that? :)

(BTW: The secret handshake is, "This is my son, WheelWelder," followed by a bear hug from WheelWelder. That's how you know you're one of the gang - happened to me on the MDS Flight 93 ride last year. That was the moment I knew I was truly in the presence of great folks)

Also, looking forward to seeing WheelWelder on Monday.

We should have a receiving line so everyone gets to meet everyone else. Otherwise, it'd be pandemonium trying to meet all y'all.

-John

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    I did suggest surgical masks (which the wife picked up) trim them down and put the duct tape on it . it will form fit the face and look more realistic.

You can always put another piece of duct tape opposing the first (sticky side to sticky side) with just a little sticking out on each side to hold it on the face. That would certainly lessen the pain later when removing it.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have to agree with Blaster as well on the scared part, the pope was on a hand me down mission and got his job done. I also had thoughts of Hogan gaining brownie points by street sweeping for M&M ??

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Didn't we give you a counseling session on that? :)

(BTW: The secret handshake is, "This is my son, WheelWelder," followed by a bear hug from WheelWelder. That's how you know you're one of the gang - happened to me on the MDS Flight 93 ride last year. That was the moment I knew I was truly in the presence of great folks)

Also, looking forward to seeing WheelWelder on Monday.

We should have a receiving line so everyone gets to meet everyone else. Otherwise, it'd be pandemonium trying to meet all y'all.

-John
    Receiving line sounds like a great idea. That will insure we all keep moving. :) Cheers, Fred

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I'm hoping for hickory shampoos and German Shepherds....

shampoo.jpg

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I would love in 2019 opening session to do on the first night a circus theme with clowns and people on stilts ....Frosh & Mike,Mike could come as they are ....:innocent0

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Soooo, where was all the other foot traffic they were impeding? Isn't that what the MCP Chief memo says? You can protest on the sidewalk as long as you aren't impeding the flow of traffic? And don't you need a permit to protest on Lawyers Mall? So if these guys moved to Lawyers Mall, was Sgt Pope going to arrest them for protesting without a permit?

Inquiring minds and all......

It was the other PP that were walking around the sidewalks crossing the street and coming back again. :innocent0

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom