• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I’ve probably purchased 10 Rolexes from David and never once has the experience been less than 1000% perfect and I always have the watch the next morning via FedX. He’s been my go-to guy for decades.

Btw, go check the prices on those exact models now, only 2 months later.

I promised myself when I retired from USN that when I turned 50, I was getting myself a Submariner .... David SW took very good care of me. Highly recommended!!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Maybe one day I'll take the dive into a Rolex. Likely a submariner, more as an investment than anything.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Don’t do it as an investment, do it because it’s a mechanical marvel that can literally be enjoyed almost all day, every day unlike cars, boats, trucks, firearms, aircraft, etc.. Everything else is a bonus...

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    With minimal care and service, watches with genuine mechanical movement (not Chinese clones) are immortal and can be enjoyed by the owner for a lifetime. For Quartz movements you will probably get about ten years.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    With minimal care and service, watches with genuine mechanical movement (not Chinese clones) are immortal and can be enjoyed by the owner for a lifetime. For Quartz movements you will probably get about ten years.
    I have several quartz watches well over 10 years old - one that is approaching 30 - and they run just fine.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I have several quartz watches well over 10 years old - one that is approaching 30 - and they run just fine.

No reason a quartz watch can't run a very very long time. The only potential issue is when you let the battery die and store it without removing it for years on end. The battery will eventually degrade and ruin the movement.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    No reason a quartz watch can't run a very very long time. The only potential issue is when you let the battery die and store it without removing it for years on end. The battery will eventually degrade and ruin the movement.
    I have yet to have that happen.

I have a 1st Gen Citizen Eco Drive that still runs if I put it in the sun to recharge. The capacitor could probably be changed, but at this point I'm not sure I'd even want to mess with trying to refurb it. It was a great watch for a long long time - a daily wear for years - but I have a lot of other pieces, many of them mechanical, that I rotate.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    My Traser H3 P6600 Type 6 Mil-G
    4f0e45fda97fff4234556de97d73cda7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I'd like a mil issue Hamilton field watch... anything to be on the lookout for? Good idea or just buy a new one. I like made in USA ...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'd like a mil issue Hamilton field watch... anything to be on the lookout for? Good idea or just buy a new one. I like made in USA ...

I like Hamilton watches. Nothing wrong with the modern ones. Just know that Hamilton has been owned by Swatch since the 70’s. Some people have a thing about that. Swatch owns a huge number of luxury watch brands.

Ordered the new Samsung galaxy watch 4 classic. Upgrading from my gear s3 that has served me well of the past 4-5 years.

I find it comical that people are still spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on watches that only tell the time. Yeah I get it, they will last forever and they have there place but I just cannot go back to a dumb watch. I may get a cheap one for a shtf scenario where a smart watch would be useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom