• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Here is my new Buckmark Target Pistol
    I've had it at the indoor range and took it to the outdoor range to shoot at 25yds/75ft.
    I don't know why, but at the indoor range I get a few FTF. I"m mostly using CCI minimags. I've used CCI Standard Velocity with no problems though. I have the Browning reflex sight on it too. One problem I had with the sight is that when switching reticle types, you can get into a condition where NOTHING is lit on the screen and you have to move the selector around to shoot again.

Attachments

• IMG_2220.jpg
      IMG_2220.jpg
      75.2 KB · Views: 778
    • IMG_2221.jpg
      IMG_2221.jpg
      77.5 KB · Views: 770
    • IMG_2222.jpg
      IMG_2222.jpg
      65.1 KB · Views: 762

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I must say, I am a Ruger fan but that is a sharp looking pistol. If that Target is offhand at 25 yards it is a real shooter as well. Congrats!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Yes, 25yds. For the record, most every shot went onto the target. That was used cardboard I put the target on.
    I shot a rental Ruger a year ago and never found a friend / range goer that had one to try. Shot someone's Buckmark 10 rounds and loved the trigger. Splurged for the dealer special with wood grips cause it was Perty.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    This is shooting nice (to me).
    These are 25yds/75ft indoors from today. 2 Hands
    Target black circle is 8"
    I'm having a FTF every 40 rounds or so as shown in picture.

(EDIT!!!! This problem went away after it was broken in with a few hundred rounds)

Attachments

• IMG_2243.jpg
      IMG_2243.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 680
    • IMG_2244.jpg
      IMG_2244.jpg
      55.2 KB · Views: 681
    • IMG_2190.jpg
      IMG_2190.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 681
    Last edited:

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Very nice gun. I tried to buy one last week and it was from a dealer that would not release on time, so I ended up with a Ruger. That sure is pretty though.

DarrellA

Jacksonian Independent
    Aug 20, 2013
    MD
    I was shooting another AGC members Buckmark at the range a few weeks ago. They must be accurate, even I was hitting the targets at 25 yards every time and at 50 yards often.

Viper-Snipe

May 13, 2012
    I bought mine earlier this year and love it. Works great in the steel challenge. Very close to a tack driver, rest is on me.

V-S

RugerFan

Jul 18, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Beautiful pistol! I have never shot one. Gorgeous grips!

It's surprising though, because I've been failure-free with Mini-mags in my Ruger Mark II (Target Comp. model, 6 7/8 slab barrel) and consider Mini-mags to be extremely reliable ammo. I can't recall ever having a single failure with it. No problems with CCI Std. Vel. either.

The ammo I avoid is Fed. Premium Target (black and orange box), as the velocity is too low to cycle reliable, so it's one failure after another (FTFs though, not jams).

For cheap-o stuff, Fed. Champion (white box) works fine in mine, as does CCI Blazer. A lot of people don't like Remington, but it works well for me here in RugerFan land (Mk II, SR22, 10/22).

YMMV in the Buckmark, but, that sure is a pretty pistol!

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I have the same pistol (for a couple of months) without the reflex sight. I have had no FTFs with CCI(MiniMags +standard vel), Aguila Match Pistol, Winchester Target and Blazer.
    I like the pistol well enough but was not happy with the single mag that came with it. There additionally not as many aftermarket parts available compared to the Ruger.
    My favorite is the Ruger 22/45 with a Volquartsen accuracy group.I have 5 mags for this and use the McFadden clip loader which is great.
    DocAitch

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I got my Buck Mark a few weeks ago and it is a very nice shooter, but I'm still partial to my Ruger Mark III Hunter with the fluted barrel. It's nice to have choices like these. :)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have shot CCI Standard Vel. and no issues so far but only about 50 rounds cause I have less of the SV and it is mostly for use with my bolt gun. Gonna try some other lead bullets and see. Maybe I need to get another mag and see if that makes a diff. Not willing to send it in at this time.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Like most .22s you need to cycle around 500 rounds thru the gun before you call it broken in. That does not mean you will or will not have issues. Just means don't consider it an issue until after that. I have 2 Buckmarks I use for speed shooting. One has about 50K rounds thru it. It's been souped up a bunch but in that time it has broken one firing pin spring and had one extractor that wore out and had to be replaced. Also not every .22 like the same brand of ammo. Mine run mostly Mini-Mags but I run a lot of other stuff in practice.

ankrklankr

This is shooting nice (to me).
    These are 25yds/75ft indoors from today. 2 Hands
    Target black circle is 8"
    I'm having a FTF every 40 rounds or so as shown in picture.

I have a BuckMark Camper that has experienced a bunch of failure to feed. The bullet wouldn't collapse like the one in the picture - they would jam on the ramp; never reaching the chamber. I was using Fiocchi when this began - and it would only fail on the first round in the magazine stack; I'd move that round to second in the stack and it functioned beautifully. It also happened w/CCI std velocity, Aguila std velocity and Federal Auto Match. Seems to be getting better the more I shoot, thought. Last time I exercised it, the cartridge would cause a only a brief pause on the ramp when I sling shotted the slide closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom