• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    And here is the text from the AG's facebook page........

October 1 is the second anniversary of the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, one of the most important laws I ever worked on. A centerpiece is a permit process for handgun purchases. Research done this year by the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research definitively shows that these kind of permitting laws lead to fewer deaths. That's why I support Rep. Chris Van Hollen's federal legislation providing resources for states to implement licensing plans, and why I hope that every state adopts such a plan. In the two years since the Maryland law passed, Maryland State Police have approved 33,000 permits, and have denied at least 526. That's 526 fewer guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them -- violent criminals or those with severe mental illness. Our law means that six times a week, people who shouldn't have guns don't get guns. We need to keep working on safety for all.

I know its preaching to the choir here, but what about the real world data that has shown that since the passage of the "Firearm Safety Act of 2013" homicides in the most populous city in the state has gone through the roof.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I know its preaching to the choir here, but what about the real world data that has shown that since the passage of the "Firearm Safety Act of 2013" homicides in the most populous city in the state has gone through the roof.

Well just think how bad it would be if not for FSA2013.... :lol2:

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    October 1 is the second anniversary of the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, one of the most important laws I ever worked on. A centerpiece is a permit process for handgun purchases. Research done this year by the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research definitively shows that these kind of permitting laws lead to fewer deaths. That's why I support Rep. Chris Van Hollen's federal legislation providing resources for states to implement licensing plans, and why I hope that every state adopts such a plan. In the two years since the Maryland law passed, Maryland State Police have approved 33,000 permits, and have denied at least 526. That's 526 fewer guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them -- violent criminals or those with severe mental illness. Our law means that six times a week, people who shouldn't have guns don't get guns. We need to keep working on safety for all.

WTF is he talking about? Permits?

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    County, state and federal officials want to export Maryland's handgun licensing law to other states, billing it as a way to drive down handgun deaths. Attorney General Brian E. Frosh and Rep. Christopher Van Hollen Jr. Wednesday, the day before the second anniversary of the effective date of Maryland's law

And here is the text from the AG's facebook page........

October 1 is the second anniversary of the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, one of the most important laws I ever worked on. A centerpiece is a permit process for handgun purchases. Research done this year by the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research definitively shows that these kind of permitting laws lead to fewer deaths. That's why I support Rep. Chris Van Hollen's federal legislation providing resources for states to implement licensing plans, and why I hope that every state adopts such a plan. In the two years since the Maryland law passed, Maryland State Police have approved 33,000 permits, and have denied at least 526. That's 526 fewer guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them -- violent criminals or those with severe mental illness. Our law means that six times a week, people who shouldn't have guns don't get guns. We need to keep working on safety for all.[/QUOTE]

So maybe some one should write to Mr Frosh and ask him how many of those 526 people he has prosecuted for trying to buy a firearm .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    All that resulted in a big reduction in violent crime, right? Why didn't they mention that?

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    So maybe some one should write to Mr Frosh and ask him how many of those 526 people he has prosecuted for trying to buy a firearm .

I would also wonder how many of those 526 people would have failed the NICS check. Not that that information would ever be given out; at best it would show a redundant system, but at worst (for them) it would raise scrutiny over why the Feds think someone should be allowed to own a firearm but not the state of MD...

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County

so are they under the impression that an HQL only sells one handgun?

so much stupid... i need to vomit and smack my head against the wall at the same time. that makes no sense...

sigh... i just want to live in a world where logic and reason dictate the laws of society....

SW6906user

OK, so my train of thought is back in August Mayor SRB trying to "point a finger" in a different direction says something to the tune of "one factor in the Baltimore homicide rate is "lax" gun laws in surrounding states". These tool bags say ok let me get a JHU group on that and poof a news conference shoveling this poo under the guise of "look we denied x many HQL's with FSA2013 and the other states should implement this half assed act too".

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/baltimore-marks-211-homicides-mayor-takes-aim-at-gun-control/34806622

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom