• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I sent this:
    "Chairman Vallario,
    Please allow HB52 and HB683 to come up for a vote in your committee. Citizens of Maryland deserve a fair debate and vote on this issue by their delegates, a desk-drawer veto is not an acceptable solution."

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    I sent this:

Dear Delegate Vallario,

Please move forward with the vote with HB52. Stop delaying this! You have an obligation to represent the residents of Maryland. Our voice needs to be heard. If you are unwilling to listen to the voice of the people then you have no right holding the office that you are in. If no action is taken on this House Bill I will ensure that I will support your opponents (REPUBLICANS) during the November election this year.

Sincerely,
    Jhason at Montgomery County, Maryland who always pays taxes and pays for your salary and always seems to get the short end of the stick, and one who has not received a single dime of federal bail-out because I live within my means.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Instead of the 'concerned citizen' angle when writing the Delegates, has anyone written up a good one with post-McDonald innuendos? Basically spelling out the high probability that these bills will likely be unconstitutional with support from the Supreme Court in a few months...passing this bill will likely result in expensive (for citizens of MD) in challenging with a losing cause, etc...

Would this approach have "merit"?

Just sayin'...I've got to get packed up as I'm taking my wife to Ocean City, staying at a beach front hotel tomorrow for her birthday, but may have time to draft such a letter/email up on Sunday.

you mean like this:innocent0
    "You might also look to the impending SCOTUS decision on McDonald vs Chicago. Once the Second Amendment is extended to the states, Maryland will be looking at quite a few lawsuits- unless you've already addressed this by allowing concealed carry. The Second Amendment says that the PEOPLE have the right to keep and BEAR arms. It's kind of had to BEAR arms if the state of Maryland won't permit it. Respectfully"

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The further I get a long in this the more I'm discovering that gun-issues are less a party issue and more of a personal issue. There are plenty of Democrats, especially those that grew up with guns, that understand and support responsible gun ownership. Although I must admit, there seems to be a few more Republicans that appreciate guns for what they are (a tool for good or bad), and value their place in American history and it's paramount importance to our freedom.

In the couple hours or so that I observed Chairman Vallario preside over the hearings I found him quite fair and if anything, more on our side. As you can tell from my email to him, I respect and appreciate his fairness during that hearing.

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    Here is the response that I got from Susan McComas:
    Dear Mr. :

I do support this bill. I suggest that you contact Chairman Vallario as well as Speaker Busch to express how important this bill is to you.

Susan McComas - District 35 B

I sent this:

Dear Delegate Vallario,

Please move forward with the vote with HB52. Stop delaying this! You have an obligation to represent the residents of Maryland. Our voice needs to be heard. If you are unwilling to listen to the voice of the people then you have no right holding the office that you are in. If no action is taken on this House Bill I will ensure that I will support your opponents (REPUBLICANS) during the November election this year.

Sincerely,
    Jhason at Montgomery County, Maryland who always pays taxes and pays for your salary and always seems to get the short end of the stick, and one who has not received a single dime of federal bail-out because I live within my means.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    you mean like this:innocent0
    "You might also look to the impending SCOTUS decision on McDonald vs Chicago. Once the Second Amendment is extended to the states, Maryland will be looking at quite a few lawsuits- unless you've already addressed this by allowing concealed carry. The Second Amendment says that the PEOPLE have the right to keep and BEAR arms. It's kind of had to BEAR arms if the state of Maryland won't permit it. Respectfully"

Basically....but unfortunately I'll have to put it into my dime-store legal-jabber for them to understand.

My 'Manifesto' is at 2+ pages and counting...it did have a paragraph or so on SB411 (Civil Immunity) but that will now require revision/omission.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Found this on MSNBC
    "The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah, which has such a liberal concealed weapons policy that most American adults can get a permit to carry a gun in Utah without even visiting the state."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34714389/ns/us_news-life

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    Here is the response that I got from Susan McComas:
    Dear Mr. :

I do support this bill. I suggest that you contact Chairman Vallario as well as Speaker Busch to express how important this bill is to you.

Susan McComas - District 35 B

You won't have to worry about Delegate McComas. She was great to correspond with last year. She is solidly for our position and gets just as frustrated as we do with this stuff.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great post jac43k,
    Found this on MSNBC
    "The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah, which has such a liberal concealed weapons policy that most American adults can get a permit to carry a gun in Utah without even visiting the state."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34714389/ns/us_news-life

This is exactly what we need to be pushing, good solid facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom