• Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    In this issue:

Action needed on HB683 and HB52

HB52 is recognition of permits from contiguous states
    HB683 is the repeal of the finding requirement for the good and substantial reason for issuance of permits (shall issue bill)

Word has it that Chairman Vallario is planning on stalling both of these bills in committee and not allowing them to come up for a vote. It is important that we make our voices heard.

What we need you to do - today:

•Use the Quick Email Tool on the right side of the page to contact Chairman Vallario's office.
    •The address for the email tool is http://www.ksconline.net/ in case the links are still malfunctioning.
    •Contact the Chairman's office via phone 410-841-3800
    •Tell the Chairman that you want to see HB52 and HB683 come up for a vote in his committee.

As always, we should be factual, concise and respectful in our communications with not only Chairman Vallario but the members of the General Assembly as a whole.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    That phone number leads to Mike Busch's office.

Vallario is listed as:
    (410) 841-3488, (301) 858-3488
    1-800-492-7122, ext. 3488 (toll free)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I tried a different track and attempted to portray this as an economic issue. I do believe that MD's tourism industry could see a boost if we recognized out of state permits. I know that becoming a shall issue state would make us a more attractive destination for some folks looking to move to the Mid-Atlantic.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    That phone number leads to Mike Busch's office.

Vallario is listed as:
    (410) 841-3488, (301) 858-3488
    1-800-492-7122, ext. 3488 (toll free)

all damnit.....you'd think that when you get information from a delegate's office that they would send out accurate phone numbers. Mea culpa....

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    Dear Chairman Vallario,
    I am writing you today to urge you to allow HB-52 and HB-683 to come to a vote in front of the State Assembly. I am a firm believer in the democratic process, and these two bills merit consideration from all our Assemblymen and women in Maryland.

As you know, these bills will strengthen the ability of law-abiding citizens to protect themselves from criminal acts by allowing reasonable legal access to concealed weapons.

Right now, the state of Maryland has a two-tiered system for permitting citizens to carry concealed handguns. Privileged citizens with certain jobs and/or connections can get permits, while the vast majority of Marylanders cannot. I am one of the lucky few who has been able to obtain a concealed weapons permit, but that does not diminish my interest in having all qualified citizens have access to this right.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter.

Sincerely,

[Danny]

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I have called, and I just sent this message to Chairman Vallario:

Dear Chairman Vallario,
    As a Maryland taxpayer, a law abiding citizen, a husband, a father, and a gun owner, I beseech you to please allow these bills to come up for a vote. It is too easy for you to allow these important bills to die in committee without ever allowing them to be voted upon.

Have the courage to allow your fellow representatives to vote on these two bills, which will show you the support that exists for citizens to carry concealed in Maryland. Please let the voice of the people be heard by allowing our representatives do what they have promised us they will do by moving this legislation forward. Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Marc D

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Email sent to Vallario, the rest of the committee and my Delegate (who is not on the committee) asking him to do everything he can do to get it to a vote.

Also got my friend who is not on the boards but likes to shoot to fire off an email. Everyone should try to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom