• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Master_P

May 27, 2015
    Should be. Even when it comes back after the District Court is done those same 3 judges should get it again I think.
    Different judges are on the Sept. panel - Rogers (Clinton), Kavanaugh (Dubya), Wilkins (O-hole). Not good....

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Different panel, and I think not one we'd want to have deciding the merits. Would a new panel be picked for that?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Motions and merits are different panels.

I would *love* to have Kavanaugh on any panel. My next pick would be Ginsburg. After that, Millett or Randolph. Henderson would be my last! pick. And yes, as Kharn, says, motions and merits panels are completely different.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I would *love* to have Kavanaugh on any panel. My next pick would be Ginsburg. After that, Millett or Randolph. Henderson would be my last! pick. And yes, as Kharn, says, motions and merits panels are completely different.

Definitely yes on Kavanaugh. The other 2 probably no (both Dem appointees), although I don't know if they've been on a 2A case panel.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Definitely yes on Kavanaugh. The other 2 probably no (both Dem appointees), although I don't know if they've been on a 2A case panel.

Millett and Ginsburg were on Heller III which struck down part of DC laws. Which means that actually apply DC Circuit precedent. Can't ask more than that.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Pink Pistols

I just heard on the radio that the judge in the Pink Pistols case said that the GSR "was likely unconstitutional " . I don't know any more than that yet. :party29:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Aren't they being heard by the same panel?

Also, someone on another board is saying the panel will be Griffith (ruled for Parker/Heller), Srinvansan, and Millett (ruled for Heller in Heller 3). Can you confirm? I thought the panel wouldn't be known until 30 days before orals.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Aren't they being heard by the same panel?

Also, someone on another board is saying the panel will be Griffith (ruled for Parker/Heller), Srinvansan, and Millett (ruled for Heller in Heller 3). Can you confirm? I thought the panel wouldn't be known until 30 days before orals.

We just don't know the panel. 30 days prior to argument is correct in the DC Circuit.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Wow, really digging deep on this one. They must be desperate, they are citing English law from 1797.

"Indeed, the treatise of Lord Coke, who was “widely recognized by the
    American colonists ‘as the greatest authority of his time on the laws of England,’”
    Payton v. New York, 445 U.S. 573, 593-94 (1980), included the peacekeeping
    exceptions, adding “another exception” for a man “defend[ing] his house,” which
    would make no sense if the law only banned carrying with “evil intent.” Coke, The
    Third Part of the Institutes of the Laws of England 159, 161 (15th ed. 1797). "

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom