• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Justice delayed is justice denied

Yes, your correct. The issue is the progressive left really doesn't care, nor does the state of Md nor the 4th Circus court.

The federalist papers are a source for us. It's clear TODAY we have a tyrannical government, the state, federal and supreme courts fail in judicial review the use the plain text of the US Constitution and prior USSC court rulings. Seem clear to me. At this point to change to political climate starting with POTUS would be a big move. Hopefully then to change the courts to one that our founders put in place.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    this is maddening... no branch of government should have an infinite amount of time to respond to citizens disputes.
    And historically when people here bitch there are two or three guys who come to the courts defense with something along the lines of "would you prefer they rush it and come out with the WRONG decision"?

Uh,... no, I'd rather they do some freaking thing though. Nothing on friggin EARTH takes this long, there's just simply no sense in it being so long.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    They've had multiple chances to spill a decision against us at opportune times. If the decision is good for us and they are waiting for 90 day free period of a nationally syndicated shooting, we'll never get a verdict.

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    And historically when people here bitch there are two or three guys who come to the courts defense with something along the lines of "would you prefer they rush it and come out with the WRONG decision"?

Uh,... no, I'd rather they do some freaking thing though. Nothing on friggin EARTH takes this long, there's just simply no sense in it being so long.

I tend to agree with you. Last time I expressed frustration about how long it was taking, I was reminded that it's a civil matter and there is no expectation of expediency.

Sigh....

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Now that Friedman has been denied , we should get slap down too by the CA4

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I can't see a win in our future. I hope to be delightfully surprised, but I doubt it.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I'm not sure how courts work either. Not a lawyer. But, this seems to me that John P Sweeny would send the dissent from USSC Freidman may have an impact on courts discision or change something based on guidance from Scalia and Thomas!
    "We cautioned courts against leaving the rest of the field to the legislative process: “Constitutional rights are enshrined with the scope they were understood to have when the people adopted them, whether or not future legislatures or (yes) evenfuture judges think that scope too broad.”

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I'm pretty sure that's not how the court works. Kolbe was heard in March. SCOTUS has had Friedman in front of them since October.

Think this case was being held till SCOTUS denied it. Now CA4 can agree with the state with no repercussions

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Think this case was being held till SCOTUS denied it. Now CA4 can agree with the state with no repercussions

That doesn't make any sense. Under normal circumstances we should have had our decision back in June or July. Petition for cert in Friedman wasn't filed until the end of July. If we're going to speculate them acting based on SCOTUS, they're probably holding it up so SCOTUS won't be able to hear this case until the October 2016 term.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    That doesn't make any sense. Under normal circumstances we should have had our decision back in June or July. Petition for cert in Friedman wasn't filed until the end of July. If we're going to speculate them acting based on SCOTUS, they're probably holding it up so SCOTUS won't be able to hear this case until the October 2016 term.
    We're already at that point. 90 days for cert petition, 30 days response (extended to 60 for any govt body that asks), 14 days reply and distributed for conference. 4.5-5.5 months from the time of the panel decision just to get to the cert conference, assuming en banc is not sought. After that, the first merits brief isn't due for 45 days, 30 days for response, 30 days reply. The last argument day for this term is April 27.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    We're already at that point. 90 days for cert petition, 30 days response (extended to 60 for any govt body that asks), 14 days reply and distributed for conference. 4.5-5.5 months from the time of the panel decision just to get to the cert conference, assuming en banc is not sought. After that, the first merits brief isn't due for 45 days, 30 days for response, 30 days reply. The last argument day for this term is April 27.

Not quire there. Generally if cert is granted by first Jan conf the court will hear argument that term

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom