• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    This type of reaction is what they (gun grabbers) want.

Uh huh.... and next will be, the "We haven't lost yet we'll take it to the SC" BS.

Sorry, my view of this country and state is a bit more jaded and cynical then most. This never had any chance of not passing and certainly now in the 11th hour there isn't even a glimmer of hope.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I would find that highly unusual considering that the content of the bill is considerably different than it was the first time around.
    Treachery and tyranny...not like we have not seen direct examples of it already, several times, in both houses, this session...

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    ****** An MSI Executive Member was told by Frosh's aide that SJP will hear SB281 in A CLOSED MEETING. ******

Call Mike Miller's office IMMEDIATELY.

"WHY IS MIKE MILLER ALLOWING THE REVIEW OF SB281 TO OCCUR BEHIND CLOSED DOORS WHEN IT IMPACTS THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF MILLIONS OF MARYLANDERS?"

Thomas V. Mike Miller
    (410) 841-3700, (301) 858-3700
    1-800-492-7122, ext. 3700 (toll free)

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I would find that highly unusual considering that the content of the bill is considerably different than it was the first time around.
    And yet it's still the same bill.

Guys, let's be real here - we are way outnumbered in the R vs D department, and the D side is going to resort to every dirty trick they have at their disposal to push this thing through.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic - I'm simply calling it for how I see it. When the smoke clears, as much as I don't really want to be, I'm going to be right.

I keep hearing comments about how the staffers sound rattled. Guys, they expected this - the staffers sound harried because they are - it's not going to change their minds on how they are going to vote for this thing - that was decided well before today.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    And here we are in another post spewing this God Damn negative Shit.

mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMMMM

sorry - I just tried wishing "real" hard and really hoping it not to pass but that didn't help either. And in reality, I had just about as much chance as the letters and emails had.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    And yet it's still the same bill.

Guys, let's be real here - we are way outnumbered in the R vs D department, and the D side is going to resort to every dirty trick they have at their disposal to push this thing through.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic - I'm simply calling it for how I see it. When the smoke clears, as much as I don't really want to be, I'm going to be right.

I keep hearing comments about how the staffers sound rattled. Guys, they expected this - the staffers sound harried because they are - it's not going to change their minds on how they are going to vote for this thing - that was decided well before today.

Why don't you save this hand wringing shit until after SB281 passes? Right now it hasn't and all you are doing is discouraging people from doing what they need to do.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    ****** An MSI Executive Member was told by Frosh's aide that SJP will hear SB281 in A CLOSED MEETING. ******

"WHY IS MIKE MILLER ALLOWING THE REVIEW OF SB281 TO OCCUR BEHIND CLOSED DOORS WHEN IT IMPACTS THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF MILLIONS OF MARYLANDERS?"

Thomas V. Mike Miller

He said it won't be open to the public. Go figure. CALL ALL OF THE SJP COMMITEE, DROWN THEIR PHONES AND KNOCK THEIR COMMS. OUT.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Please be observant in person or via the feed at 430, the Senate has rules and they have to follow them :D this also came from Shannon

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    And here we are in another post spewing this God Damn negative Shit.
    Dude, back off - I have been with this fight all the way - I went to Annapolis and testified, I've called, I've emailed, and what good has it done? Have you not been watching the tyranny in action? Have you not been paying attention? Did you not see how they overruled an ammendment vote in the Judiciary session so they could revote to get what the party wanted?

There is no way that this bill is not going to be signed into law. That's not being negative - that's being realistic. Our best hope now is in the courts.

Closed meeting??hummmmmm
    Did I not just say in a post above that they are going to resort to every dirty trick possible to push this thing through. The reason it's going to be closed is so that we don't have a clear picture of who did or said what while our rights are being stripped away.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Thomas V. Mike Miller
    Miller's admin was just really bitchy about this one. She has no idea what we are talking about, has no idea where the President is at the moment, and has no position on why this is being allowed. When I told her I felt it was a violation of the Open Meetings Act and should be reported to the OAG, she said "good luck with that" and hung up.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Right, because all of our efforts to oppose this trash bill really made a difference.

We all know the reality - doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying, but it is what it is.

It takes more time to get on MDS and bitch than it does to make a phone call saying "I oppose SB281."

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Dude, back off - I have been with this fight all the way - I went to Annapolis and testified, I've called, I've emailed, and what good has it done? Have you not been watching the tyranny in action? Have you not been paying attention? Did you not see how they overruled an ammendment vote in the Judiciary session so they could revote to get what the party wanted?

There is no way that this bill is not going to be signed into law. That's not being negative - that's being realistic. Our best hope now is in the courts.

Back Off. When you and others insist on demoralizing anyone that will listen. Take it elsewhere.

Dude? Really?

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    So now they don't care about following existing laws while making new ones? Sounds like they are proving all of our points that criminals don't follow the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom