• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Why don't you save this hand wringing shit until after SB281 passes? Right now it hasn't and all you are doing is discouraging people from doing what they need to do.
    I'm not wringing my hands - I'm simply calmly stating the reality - again, when this is all said and done, you'll see that I was right. I don't want to be - I want to be wrong, but that's just not how it's going to go down.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    Sooo who do we contact in the OAG office to get clarification on this behind closed door meeting?

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Miller's admin was just really bitchy about this one. She has no idea what we are talking about, has no idea where the President is at the moment, and has no position on why this is being allowed. When I told her I felt it was a violation of the Open Meetings Act and should be reported to the OAG, she said "good luck with that" and hung up.

I heard it straight from Froshs' aid. That it would not be public. She's probably lost her mind.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Sen Jacobs assistant just said they don't have the final written house version yet.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    Well they are on Dickhead side, not sure if its going to make much of difference, but Ill try and call..

"composed of three members appointed by the Governor "

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    We should tell them to reject the House amended version because it's not strong enough, and that they need to have a complete ban on all semi-auto guns, and only allow revolvers, pump action shotguns, and bolt-action rifles...

If they re-amended it, they'd likely never get it through before the 8th. ;) And if they did, it'd be in clear violation of 2A based on the Heller decision so it'd be easy to challenge! :lol2:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Just sent faxes titled "RAN OUT OF PAPER YET"
    Well, that'll sure show them! Are you serious? Do you really think THAT will help? Make the calls like I am - that might help, but sending silly faxes like that adds fuel to their fire when you exemplify their definition of "gun nut."

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Just off the phone with Miller's office... I think the youngin' pulled one out of his a$$... said it was not going to be behind closed doors... I'm not convinced...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It seems the calls helped - I fully believe that they were going to try to hold the session behind closed doors.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    We should tell them to reject the House amended version because it's not strong enough, and that they need to have a complete ban on all semi-auto guns, and only allow revolvers, pump action shotguns, and bolt-action rifles...

If they re-amended it, they'd likely never get it through before the 8th. ;) And if they did, it'd be in clear violation of 2A based on the Heller decision so it'd be easy to challenge! :lol2:

I halfway wanted an R to offer up this amendment yesterday or Tuesday, just to see if they shot it down as well. Almost woulda been worth the risk! It woulda been a helluva carrot to dangle out there for the Dems...see if they could resist it or risk losing the whole bill.

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch
    Well, that'll sure show them! Are you serious? Do you really think THAT will help? Make the calls like I am - that might help, but sending silly faxes like that adds fuel to their fire when you exemplify their definition of "gun nut."

This bill should have passed and had MOM's signature on it WEEKS ago! Regardless of how this turns out, we did have an effect. And most importantly, we are getting people registered to vote and involved in the fight for our 2A rights. That in itself is a victory (albeit small) in this very blue state. There's a fine line between a realist and a pessimist. I think you are more to the later than the former.

I played a lot of sports in my life and NEVER accepted the final outcome until the clock read 0:00 (even if my team was getting it's ass kicked - and that happened a lot). Now isn't the time for defeat. I'm not saying we won't be defeated in this particular battle, but we are just starting the war...and it's going to take years. So, don't lose sight of the big picture.

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    Busy signals with Miller, spoke to Getty's aid. He is confused, did not hear anything of it going to JPC but straight to the floor. He said he did not know when, tried to put me on hold to find out and was disconnected. Now line busy and cant get back through. Argh.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    It seems the calls helped - I fully believe that they were going to try to hold the session behind closed doors.

THIS.

before the MSI update, EVERY person said they had no idea when it was being discussed or WHERE.

Then word was passed from Delegates in the house that it was being sent to SJP.

Then we bombarded SJP and it was "behind closed doors."

Then we bombarded Miller....

Now we have a TIME and a PLACE. COINCIDENCE?

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    Now we have a TIME and a PLACE. COINCIDENCE?

Nothing that's happened so far has been coincidence. Everything has been carefully planned and strategized, including shooting down amendments that would actually have a positive effect by targeting criminals.

I'm absolutely certain that had we not put so much pressure on them since the beginning of this effort, this bill would have been signed into law over a month back. So for that I thank every one of you!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Got through to Sen. Getty's office. Going straight to the floor between 4 and 5pm today. Keep on calling!
    Do we want it to go straight to the floor? I see this as being a bad thing - that means they can quickly jump to a vote to pass it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom