• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I expect it to pass easily...

I expect the Governor to Veto the Bill...

And I expect the legislature to over ride his veto on the 1st day of the 2019 legislative session...

This is Merry-Land what else would we expect..?

Per the Maryland Constitution, a bill vetods in the last year of and election term cannot be overridden in the first year of the next election term.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Might wanna take your blinders off. First, the number you called never gets answered and you never get a call back. You wasted your time on that call. You have to call representatives directly. Defeating continuous bills trying to erode 2A rights aren't victories...you're not winning anything, just holding the line. If you weren't born and raised in a pretty darned free state, then it's hard to comprehend just how crappy Maryland is. I wanna win. Unfortunately, I've come to the realization in a short time that 2A victory in Maryland is impossible. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm willing to bet my house(which is in close proximity to our jobs and the kids' schools) by moving, that I'm right. Optimists feel free to buy me out.

If you don't want to fight , fine. Then just stop aside and let's others do it.
    Please don't devalue what is being done by those willing to do it.

You are more then welcome to not be involved.

To all those who do put up a fight, I thank you.

Very much

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I've been a member here for 5 years and reading threads on how "others are working on how to fight." I haven't seen one victory for the 2A in Maryland since I've been here. And if you consider the Handgun permit review board a victory, I apologize. I've donated money, time, emails, and phone calls. I've tried to educate people, but all I've received in return from Maryland in regards to the 2A is NOTHING. I'm not getting any younger and tired of the constant threat on what's left of my 2A rights in this state. Some of us eventually realize before others that victory isn't possible. I admire and respect those of you who continue to fight, but even Stevie Wonder can clearly see that Maryland is a lost cause. We haven't won with 3 out of the 4 boxes of freedom and the 4th will never be used. Marylanders will NEVER get back the 2A rights that were lost. Some people will continue to spin their tires in the mud, digging themselves deeper with no way of getting free. Others like me aren't too proud to realize it's a lost cause and call for a buddy with a chain to pull us out. Difference is a truck can be rescued and towed back to solid ground. Maryland can't. I'll do what I can while I'm still here, but I know it's all in vain.

No offense, then you haven't been paying attention.

No more fingerprint expense for permit renewals. No more shell casing requirement for the purchase of a new handgun.

And the fact that in the last two years the Dem controlled legislature has gone 0-23 on gun control laws is indeed a victory.

Just about the best that can happen in a state where the Dems hold a veto proof majority in the General Assembly.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Don’t bet on this. The magazine bill was requested by the Baltimore City Administration and every Baltimore legislator from the Senate and House are pushing this in each chamber.

I really hope it doesn't go through. I just moved to Maryland last year and don't want to have to move (or get rid of my magazines).

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I think this was a bill that started out as nothing more than more grandstanding from the idiots in the Baltimore City delegation, however with what has transpired in the last week it may now have a real chance of passing and making it to Hogan's desk. And the Democrats of course are realizing that they can put Hogan in a no-win situation by sending the bill to him to either sign or veto. Either way it's going to cost him votes.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

No more fingerprint expense for permit renewals. No more shell casing requirement for the purchase of a new handgun.

And the fact that in the last two years the Dem controlled legislature has gone 0-23 on gun control laws is indeed a victory.

Just about the best that can happen in a state where the Dems hold a veto proof majority in the General Assembly.

I think one of the things that it would do well for the Second Amendment community in Maryland to realize is that we are much more politically powerful than we think we are. The Democratic machine in the state would like you to believe that you have no power to do anything, that anything they want to do they have the votes for. Heck they even send trolls in here to say that very thing. But the truth is one of the real reasons you haven't seen more gun control legislation in this state, is that the Democrats in all but the most liberal areas all know what kind of cost to them in votes more gun control will lead to. Even after Newtown Frosh still had to use every bit of political capitol he had to get that firearm safety act through.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Thank you Little Marco, he cemented the deal. Every Maryland Dem Senator and Delegate will ride those words of approval.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

Been going on little to no sleep for the past few weeks with work and sick kids, so I've been assholeish. I apologize to everyone here for that. I'm just so sick of every damn time a heinous crime is committed somewhere in the nation with a gun, Maryland politicians have to start their bs.

I understand that you think those things you mentioned are victories. I guess to me coming from a state that didn't have any of that bs, it doesn't feel like a victory to me. Like I said in another post, I'll continue to do what I can to battle the anti bastids while I'm still here, although I honestly believe that its in vain.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    The only way to truly lose is to not try or give up trying. I too was not born in Maryland but a transplant 13 years ago. I find the way the politics work here to be criminal or at least unconstitutional.
    I get it is frustrating but isn’t that what they want? Frustrated people make poor decisions.
    I am very grateful that we have people like Rack and Roll, MSI and the rest of our community that still carry on the fight.
    Thank you to all that work so hard at keeping our rights

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Then why doesn't the collective of Baltimore city politicians work with the city government to infringe on city people rights rather than make the city's problems the rest of the state's problems. This is infuriating.

Exactly. But this isn't Balto City's issue either. I doubt the murder rate would be any lower with a mag limit in place. Thugs don't obey the law anyway.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Rubio, last night, at a hugely attended town hall in fla, announced support for a hi cap ban. Suddenly, this approach is in the mainstream. With prominent republicans considering it there would be little chance hogans would interfere with a bill if passed. Just my $.02.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I saw no injunction but permission tomrefile formthe third time. Good luck. These hi cap,bans will be upheld as long as the cts apply the middle level of scrutiny. In this circuit, they will be upheld and the AAG will be given a medal by the court for appearing.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Been going on little to no sleep for the past few weeks with work and sick kids, so I've been assholeish. I apologize to everyone here for that. I'm just so sick of every damn time a heinous crime is committed somewhere in the nation with a gun, Maryland politicians have to start their bs.

I understand that you think those things you mentioned are victories. I guess to me coming from a state that didn't have any of that bs, it doesn't feel like a victory to me. Like I said in another post, I'll continue to do what I can to battle the anti bastids while I'm still here, although I honestly believe that its in vain.

We have different degrees of BGOS.

I expect it to pass easily...

I expect the Governor to Veto the Bill...

And I expect the legislature to over ride his veto on the 1st day of the 2019 legislative session...

This is Merry-Land what else would we expect..?

Hogan will sign it. He has treated gun owners like red headed step children to pander to his left wing supporters. He will lose far more votes if he vetoes it. Maryland is 70% democrat and he cannot wing re-election without dem support...The real question is how many of you will bow to this and destroy/turn in/ send away your mags over 10 rounds? They aren't going to pay you for your property, they are going to demand you turn them in which is legal theft. I don't know about you, but my loss would be about $2k and I have at least 2 pistols that I can't find 10 round mags for...so those would need to be sold out of state...

This is what happens when you refuse to be aggressive in your fight to preserve your rights. The libs smelled blood in the water after the SCOTUS refused to hear the challenge...Now they feel embolden...this is the tip of the iceberg...I fully expect the next step will be California style gun bans or worse. Get ready to make your semi auto pistols single shots and to fix your 10 round mags in your ARs....

Meh, another unenforceable law. The only ones who will turn them in will be some Democraps trying to make themselves look like conservatives who "saw the light".

Not unenforceable at all unless you plan on putting your standard cap mags in the safe and never take them out..You will still need to buy 10 round mags for every gun you have that needs detachable mags and there are some firearms that 10 round mags are not available for. Our only hope for those would be that they allow us to pin them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom