• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Doesn't each state that prohibits standard magazines have a grandfather clause? If it passes, how many PO Boxes will be added on our border to beat the clock.

Nope.

Not in New York, for example. Of course, the ban there was largely ignored in most of the upstate counties.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Fight or flight ...

I commented on a thread not long ago that I have no optimism left for Maryland pertaining to the 2A. I want out...NOW. If I could sell my house for what I owe on it today, I'd be moved out by tomorrow and in a free state. I would live in a tent there until I found a new house. If anyone knows of someone in real estate who's looking to buy or can sell fast, message me. I'm fed up with MD's bs. Maryland reminds me of the nosey bitch neighbor who can't mind her own business.

Contact montoya32 ...

But you do realize that you will need to fight sometime in the future. Californication isn't just happening in the PRofMD.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I could be wrong, but I think that is the reason for the some_what light assault on law abiding citizens in this session. I believe if this was a 'normal' session we would have 20+ bills up for adoption due to all the crazies shooting up others out there.

Have you been paying attention? There are oodles of bad gun bills that have dropped.

Buckeye_Nut

Jun 15, 2017
    Waldorf
    Will Hogan veto it?? He's kind of a Republican light in a Blue State. Probably the best we could hope for in Maryland, but I feel a veto is not a sure thing.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Will Hogan veto it?? He's kind of a Republican light in a Blue State. Probably the best we could hope for in Maryland, but I feel a veto is not a sure thing.

It isn't a sure thing, but then again, neither is this bill. Being a defeatist over every gun bill in MD is kind of a problem for all of us.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Apparently the folks who've largely allowed things to simmer in Marylandistan in the past... ARE concerned about this bill...

And it has NO GRANDFATHER CLAUSE.

TODAY'S MAIL...
    IMG_3121.jpg

410-841-3623
    Hit it... :cool:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well, my BIL (in Virginia) has always wanted more magazines. Everyone worried over bump stocks... smh

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Apparently the folks who've largely allowed things to simmer in Marylandistan in the past... ARE concerned about this bill...

TODAY'S MAIL...
    View attachment 226371

410-841-3623

For what it's worth, that phone number is to the clerical staff for the Judicial Proceedings Committee. Calling it will do no good, and what people need to be doing is contacting the members of the committee individually, as well as their state Senators and Delegates (this was cross filed in the House as well) to voice opposition.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

TODAY'S MAIL...
    View attachment 226371

410-841-3623

I sure hope all you Marylanders call. I live in Colorado but I just called and made my opinion known. I still have a MD cell phone number so it looks legit to them. I left a message letting them know I strongly oppose Senate Bill 1062. The recording STILL says the Senate Judiciary committee is chaired by Senator Brian Frosh. :sad20:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I thought a judge in California granted an injunction to the posses clause? Saying it was a hardship and turning law abiding citizens into criminals.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I just don't get the lawmakers that propose magazine bans. The need to come out and say...I'm not going to do anything about preventing violence, I'm just interested in making sure that a killer only kills 8 or 9 instead of 17.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I just don't get the lawmakers that propose magazine bans. The need to come out and say...I'm not going to do anything about preventing violence, I'm just interested in making sure that a killer only kills 8 or 9 instead of 17.

It's called incrementalism. 10 rounds this year, 7 rounds two years from now.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Don’t bet on this. The magazine bill was requested by the Baltimore City Administration and every Baltimore legislator from the Senate and House are pushing this in each chamber.

Then why doesn't the collective of Baltimore city politicians work with the city government to infringe on city people rights rather than make the city's problems the rest of the state's problems. This is infuriating.

This is what I was taught was the beginning of tyranny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom