• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Were any of the Hogan bashers here at the testimony or watching the stream? Before the probably drunk Sen Conway finished presenting the bill she was already backpedaling by saying that she was going to amend the bill to only apply to repeat offenders.

I doubt this one gets out of committee.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Were any of the Hogan bashers here at the testimony or watching the stream? Before the probably drunk Sen Conway finished presenting the bill she was already backpedaling by saying that she was going to amend the bill to only apply to repeat offenders.

That don't make any sense. Repeat Offenders? Any offenders will already be prohibited from owning / possessing firearms anyway.
    I hope you are correct though and it don't get out of committee. I'd like to leave MD but it's not in the cards right now.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD

I sometimes wonder if they do the research before they start bashing. I saw the same thing. My question is I think there is a matching house bill so will they make the same modifications to that. I actually thought the officers did a good job but that crack head should not be a gov. Official. She seemed like she was high on meth.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I sometimes wonder if they do the research before they start bashing. I saw the same thing. My question is I think there is a matching house bill so will they make the same modifications to that. I actually thought the officers did a good job but that crack head should not be a gov. Official. She seemed like she was high on meth.

Someone else was explaining that since it is a companion bill, they can amend the house bill, debate it in the House comittee, pass that forward and vote on it and if approved the senate can take up the amended bill and vote on it.

If the senate bill is amended it has to go back through comitte for a hearing and all before they can vote on it.

I think house judiciary is hearing the high cap ban 3/2? I’d watch for it to be amended before that hearing.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    House Mega Hearing 3/6 , be there, or be square .

The Maryland W&C Permit doesn't inherently specify method , unless it is included in the restrictions. But I haven't seen or heard of that for decades.

There were reports of a letter / printed handout saying concealed only .

But the real world way that works is if someone frightens the horses with open carry, ie makes a complaint , you are subject to administrative revocation for " causing alarm to the public " .

LRNAD90

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2015
    Balt. Co. MD
    Finished watching the video of the hearing. Blows my mind how these people get and keep there jobs. The lady presenting for the city sounded like a complete idiot, had no idea what she was even presenting, nor clue how it would affect anyone, law abiding or criminal.

I mean really, this is the process? And Marylander's (Americans for that matter) are loosing rights? Boggles the mind..

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Someone else was explaining that since it is a companion bill, they can amend the house bill, debate it in the House comittee, pass that forward and vote on it and if approved the senate can take up the amended bill and vote on it.

If the senate bill is amended it has to go back through comitte for a hearing and all before they can vote on it.

I think house judiciary is hearing the high cap ban 3/2? I’d watch for it to be amended before that hearing.

Little Marco will help with the next draft..

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Finished watching the video of the hearing. Blows my mind how these people get and keep there jobs. The lady presenting for the city sounded like a complete idiot, had no idea what she was even presenting, nor clue how it would affect anyone, law abiding or criminal.

I mean really, this is the process? And Marylander's (Americans for that matter) are loosing rights? Boggles the mind..

For a $100. you can get any crackhead to submit legislation to violate the constitutional rights of millions. They/she didnt understand it because they didnt write it. These conspired attacks on the Constitutional Rights of others will continue until there is accountability for violating and/or the attempt to violate the highest laws of the land. Currently Youd be in far more trouble for spitting on the sidewalk!

Cuddlefish

Aug 9, 2013
    Sadly I also think it has a chance to pass the legislature. I have contacted Governor Hogan about vetoing this bill.

Lmo

Mar 1, 2018
    Hi-Cap Out Of State Purchase?

Just spit-balling here. I am moving to VA next year, but want to hedge my bets on any new legislation by the Feds or MD in the meantime. I’d like to purchase a hi-cap mag or two in advance of a possible ban. I am hoping previously purchased mags would be grandfathered.

As I understand it, current MD law forbids me from purchasing, selling or manufacturing magazines with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds within Maryland. However, possession of magazines greater than 10 rounds is legal if purchased out of state.

So, could I go to an FFL in say PA or VA, pay cash for hi-cap mags, and have them shipped to the FFL? Then, I could return to the FFL and pick up.

I could use some guidance, if you are so inclined.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just spit-balling here. I am moving to VA next year, but want to hedge my bets on any new legislation by the Feds or MD in the meantime. I’d like to purchase a hi-cap mag or two in advance of a possible ban. I am hoping previously purchased mags would be grandfathered.

As I understand it, current MD law forbids me from purchasing, selling or manufacturing magazines with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds within Maryland. However, possession of magazines greater than 10 rounds is legal if purchased out of state.

So, could I go to an FFL in say PA or VA, pay cash for hi-cap mags, and have them shipped to the FFL? Then, I could return to the FFL and pick up.

That is correct although unless you're looking for something odd, I would just buy what you need from a PA or VA FFL while you're there and walk out with them. You don't need to pay cash unless the FFL is being a dill hole and won't sell them to MD residents.
    Or you can have a friend (who lives in VA or PA) order them and get them shipped to their house. Go there and pick them up.
    Another option is go to the next gun show in Chantilly and buy all you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

If you're moving to Va. next year then buy your standard mags after you move and don't worry about Md restricting your rights.
    Welcome btw

Lmo

Mar 1, 2018
    My worry is that, as a small placation to the anti-gun crowd, Congress will ban all hi-cap mags this year before the elections. Thus, VA could not sell them next year. Thanks for the suggestion about Chantilly.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    If there's aban there will be no grandfather clause. It would be impossible to determine whether a magazine was purchased before or after.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Another option is go to the next gun show in Chantilly and buy all you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I did. Entrance to the show was free, as I was there representing MSI. (Hint, hint)

The highlighted part is ILLEGAL. If you picked them up from an FFL within Maryland's borders, you both have committed a crime.
    As the law is written, taking possession in Maryland is illegal. A gray area would be checked luggage at an airport- even though you bought the magazine(s) out of state. I mention this because you would be taking possession from the airline while in Maryland.
    Keep it simple (and legal) by buying them in PA, DE, VA or WV and bringing them back to Maryland with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom