• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I just watched the video, and first off Whitney Wild is super hot! Anyways, back to the matter at hand. They say a general gift card...what the hell is that?

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    I just watched the video, and first off Whitney Wild is super hot! Anyways, back to the matter at hand. They say a general gift card...what the hell is that?

Visa or amex type gift card. Use it anywhere.... Like your local gun, cigarette or liqour store :D

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    I've got an old non shooter 12ga worth $0. Hmm...not too far to drive for $100.
    I just can't bring myself to do it.

Bingo...
    These programs are perfect for weapons like this.
    Cash for Trash is what I call them.
    When DC had a similar program a few years back I unloaded a crusty revolver and a Saturday Night Special with a broken hammer I found in my Grandfather's garage, neither of which I would dare try to shoot.

Last edited:

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    2 questions come to my mind since they are giving out gift cards:

1.) Are they tracking what is purchased with the gift cards?

2.) How pissed would they be if I used said gift card to buy $100 worth of ammo at Walmart or BassPro? :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    2 questions come to my mind since they are giving out gift cards:

1.) Are they tracking what is purchased with the gift cards?

2.) How pissed would they be if I used said gift card to buy $100 worth of ammo at Walmart or BassPro? :D

go for it and let us know.. LOL

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Seems to me an enterprising member of the House of Delegates could put a real cramp in this by asking the AG's office for an opinion as to how the PG County police department is exempted from the transfer requirements for a regulated firearm.

There's nothing in Maryland law that expressly permits these gun buybacks without paperwork.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    Norton said:
    Seems to me an enterprising member of the House of Delegates could put a real cramp in this by asking the AG's office for an opinion as to how the PG County police department is exempted from the transfer requirements for a regulated firearm.

There's nothing in Maryland law that expressly permits these gun buybacks without paperwork.

If I recall correctly, the law permits owners of weapons to legally dispose of them by surrendering them to a local or state police station.
    The gift card is merely an incentive.

I'd like the over under on how many will show up with and hand in a loaded weapon. :)

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    What frosts me about these programs is when some little old lady brings in those war trophy guns, that her late husband brought home, which are worth thousands of dollars.
    "My husband brought these home from WW2 and I don't know anything about guns. I just want to get them out of the house." My wife's grandmother had an engraved presentation baby Browning that was presented to one of the foreman at FN from John Browning and was so inscribed. I doubt if that one got melted down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom